FORUMS

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,622 Vote(s)
64.03%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

420 Vote(s)
16.58%
I don't know.

491 Vote(s)
19.38%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,428 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,932

Post Reply Email Thread
21st May 2020, 02:18 PM |#44961  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathustra$

Hello community,

Is possible bypass Google account on OnePlus serial number 71a8515?

i can't use it coz of this.

thanks in advance

That's a security feature, to prevent in case of phone gets stolen. your only way is to reset. or to unlock the phone with your account, the same it is logged in on the phone, and unlock it. don't try bypass it any way, might result in corrupted data.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raresh T For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Raresh T Ad-Free
21st May 2020, 02:45 PM |#44962  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raresh T

Raresh

Thanks for help
About Flip picture. I had stock camera app on samsung, while editing you could add notes on the flip side. That's why i thought should be an app with option 2 pictures. There are a lot of apps with name " flip photo" or "double sided photo", but they only mirror image on the same side. Or there's confusion about the names.
21st May 2020, 08:37 PM |#44963  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Where best guide in how to flash sam note 4 firmware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshirt66

Hi all,
Sorry if i'm posting a reply rather than starting a thread, as I saw no start thread button and i'm desperate.

I accidentally deleted an entire 10GB folder of images from my non backed up gallery on my Galaxy note 4 and attempted to restore it using Dr fone before it put it into a boot loop so i downloaded a cf-autoroot bat fie from that chainfire site and ran it after putting the phone into download mode but the odin failed and now all it says it firmware upgrade encountered an error please select recovery mode.

I don't want to lose any data and there are so many tutorials online showing different processes using odin and loading a file into the AP area and restoring the stock firmware, but i am not sure of the version of odin i need to be using or the country specific firmware for the sm-n910F and have done so much reading about it Ive just confused myself. apparently odin runs better on its own rather than in a one click bat file and stuff like that.

I just was after a clear hopefully safeish way of first recovering the use and data on my pone, and then after ive copied that safely over somewhere a method to attempt to recover the 10gb of data I erased in the first place?

not sure about a surefire way of doing it basically, ie, which odin, samsung usb drivers and firmware would i need, I read than new ones arent always best.

Thanks in advance and I eagerly await ANY directions, im willing to try anything as long as i don't lose my data or at leat minimise is. again apologies i did search for note 4 but all i saw was xaiomi note 4.

Thanks again!
Mac

Can anyone pint me to the best guide as so far i have had no luck! Please help. I will 3d print anything you like in return and send it to you!

Thanks in advance!
21st May 2020, 10:17 PM |#44964  
Thanks Meter: 324

More
PATIENCE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tshirt66

Can anyone pint me to the best guide ...

I can understand your desperation and anxiousness. However, at this time the best you can do is accumulate information and be patient while avoiding actions that will possibly exacerbate your predicament

To that effect, here are two links to topics that I hope will prove helpful while you wait for a response in-thread here:
CLICK HERE.
CLICK HERE.

BONUS -- +2 for good measure.
CLICK HERE.
CLICK HERE.

You are in the right place here to seek assistance but occasionally everyone is busy at the same time doing... life.
Seems you've come at one of these times. However, there are individuals here that I am confident will be able to assist you far beyond my capabilities. So, I provide you with the reading material and hope that my assurances are adequate to convince you to... be patient.
Help will arrive. But, most importantly, do nothing else with your device other than be certain it is charged and ready.
22nd May 2020, 01:26 AM |#44965  
Anyone can help me?

I'm looking for a android app to download files but to do so, I have to change the http refer.

Thanks,
22nd May 2020, 07:11 AM |#44966  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raresh T

That's a security feature, to prevent in case of phone gets stolen. your only way is to reset. or to unlock the phone with your account, the same it is logged in on the phone, and unlock it. don't try bypass it any way, might result in corrupted data.

thanks for your time.

I reset it to factory reset and erased. after i did all steps and at the step to put my new account it not takes it.

why?
22nd May 2020, 08:44 AM |#44967  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathustra$

thanks for your time.

I reset it to factory reset and erased. after i did all steps and at the step to put my new account it not takes it.

why?

Well seems you need to turn off your device and leave it be for a whole day (https://support.google.com/accounts/...2246019?hl=en) otherwise you won't have any luck getting in. your phone is locked for around 24 hours after reset. any try again resets the timer. also, keep it turn off. otherwise it might extend those 25 hours to around 72 hours
The Following User Says Thank You to Raresh T For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Raresh T Ad-Free
24th May 2020, 01:06 AM |#44968  

More
Contact Tracing
Hi everyone, extreme noob here. I'm not totally technically illiterate, as I was a hardcore gamer back in the 2000's and built my own desktop PCs as well as designed websites, administrated forums, voice chat servers, etc. But you know how it goes, you get married, have a few kids, bank account runs on empty most days, yadda yadda. So I've been out of practice of this stuff for about a decade now and never really got into this "mobile" stuff. I have fairly limited funds and only outdated hardware at my disposal at this point.

So as I'm sure all of you already know, governments are developing contact tracing apps (which they will likely attempt to make mandatory) and Google has already begun installing API onto Android devices to facilitate this.

Simply put, I'm not cool with this and I want to disable it by whatever means necessary. Not just for myself, but I would like a simple set of instructions that others can follow for their devices as well. I searched the forums here and found only a few posts even mentioning contract tracing.

So, here are my basic questions:

1. How much is currently known about Contact Tracing on phones? Is anyone already working on disabling this?

2. Some sources I have seen indicate that contact tracing will make use of bluetooth pinging of nearby devices to determine who you have had "contact" with. I naturally assume that contact tracers will not be friendly enough to allow us to simply switch off bluetooh to prevent this. Is there a way to permanently (and ideally irreversibly) disable bluetooth without causing harm to a device?

3. Would "Rooting" my device help me to identify and remove any potential contact tracing methods installed on my device without my knowledge or consent? Or is there some other more direct method I can use and recommend to others?

Thanks in advance for any advice or getting me pointed in the right direction on this.
24th May 2020, 01:31 AM |#44969  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raltar

Hi everyone, extreme noob here. I'm not totally technically illiterate, as I was a hardcore gamer back in the 2000's and built my own desktop PCs as well as designed websites, administrated forums, voice chat servers, etc. But you know how it goes, you get married, have a few kids, bank account runs on empty most days, yadda yadda. So I've been out of practice of this stuff for about a decade now and never really got into this "mobile" stuff. I have fairly limited funds and only outdated hardware at my disposal at this point.

So as I'm sure all of you already know, governments are developing contact tracing apps (which they will likely attempt to make mandatory) and Google has already begun installing API onto Android devices to facilitate this.

Simply put, I'm not cool with this and I want to disable it by whatever means necessary. Not just for myself, but I would like a simple set of instructions that others can follow for their devices as well. I searched the forums here and found only a few posts even mentioning contract tracing.

1. How much is currently known about Contact Tracing on phones? Is anyone already working on disabling this?

2. Some sources I have seen indicate that contact tracing will make use of bluetooth pinging of nearby devices to determine who you have had "contact" with. I naturally assume that contact tracers will not be friendly enough to allow us to simply switch off bluetooh to prevent this. Is there a way to permanently (and ideally irreversibly) disable bluetooth without causing harm to a device?

3. Would "Rooting" my device help me to identify and remove any potential contact tracing methods installed on my device without my knowledge or consent? Or is there some other more direct method I can use and recommend to others?

Thanks in advance for any advice or getting me pointed in the right direction on this.

Rooting a device would definitely give you pretty much absolute control of what is or isn't on your device and the things that are on the device can be made to function exactly when and how you want.

But, this is all provided that you understand your hardware and software at a deep enough level to achieve that strict level of control.

How to achieve all of this is much too deep a conversation to have in this thread. It would be better to post a thread to specifically deal with the questions and answers regarding this subject. That would facilitate a broader spectrum of questions, answers and viewers with various areas/levels of expertise.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
24th May 2020, 02:55 AM |#44970  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,997

More
Quote:

Ignoring googles changes, as I have no idea what they are doing.

In Australia, you have to install an app to enable contact tracing. And even then if you install the app, the govt has to get your express permission (and your physical device) to see your tracing data. Which only happens when you get a confirmed Corona virus test results to see who else needs one; and hence "contact" tracing.

So as a starting point, don't install the app.

If you live in a country that uses tracing data passed to a centralised internet server without your permissions (and/or if google are using this technique, which I doubt without your express permission), you could possibly use a host blocking or firewall if its IP based.
24th May 2020, 03:03 AM |#44971  
Thanks Meter: 1,319

More
Quote:

Firstly, contact tracing apps gather much less information than many others on your phone, so don't let covid paranoia get the better of you.

If you don't want your phone or carrier or Google or whoever, to know where you are or what you're doing, just get a feature phone.

If you don't want the app, don't install it.

If you don't want BT, disable it.

And yes, rooting your phone will assist you to remove apps and disable features, but can reduce functionality as well as improve it.

It's your call.
The Following User Says Thank You to sanguinesaintly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sanguinesaintly Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)