FORUMS

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,208 Vote(s)
59.19%
Yes, kind of.

483 Vote(s)
23.66%
No, needs improvement.

350 Vote(s)
17.15%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

14,112 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,081

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 12:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd May 2020, 04:02 AM |#30741  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello I have a zeepad 7DRK-Q and I wanted to know I can get a Custom Rom for Android 7 because my siblings are not happy with Android 4.4.2 so if possible can someone help me with this if possible
23rd May 2020, 12:11 PM |#30742  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 18

More
This could be not the big deal but since I don't know where to ask...
Is someone having trouble when trying to login into XDA via the XDA labs app? I can't login no matter what I try.. it keeps saying username/password incorrect even if I changed my password and can login via a browser. And if I try to use Google login, it gets stuck in a green screen and does nothing... And it's more pleasant to post via that app instead of the browser.
Pd: I was able to login before and stopped working for no reason.
The Following User Says Thank You to RyuukenZenkou For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RyuukenZenkou Ad-Free
24th May 2020, 06:19 PM |#30743  

More
Moto G5 stuck on fastboot mode [baseband not found]
Hello,

I was following a tutorial about how to install a lineage OS 17.1 custom ROM in Moto G5 on getdroidtips website.
At some point, I had to install the TWRP image, however I installed it in the system image. From that moment on, my phone is stuck in fastboot mode, the baseband is not recognized ("<not found>") and TWRP no longer starts when I enter in recovery mode.
When I try to reboot the phone, the Moto intro does not go any further than the spinning between the Motorola and Lenovo logos. It keeps on this stage indefinitely.

I have already tried the SD card and ADB sideload installation of several different ROMs, but the same error persists
("Failed to verify whole-file signature
Signature verification failed
E: 21")
I have already wiped out all my data with "wipe data/factory reset" option

some info about my phone:
-Moto G5 XT1676
-bootloader is unlocked
-I was previously running Android 8.1 ROM
-last time I booted the phone USB debugging mode and OME unlocking were activated

Every advice is precious, thank you for your time
24th May 2020, 06:26 PM |#30744  
Quote:
Originally Posted by person9

Hello,

I was following a tutorial about how to install a lineage OS 17.1 custom ROM in Moto G5 on getdroidtips website.

At some point, I had to install the TWRP image, however I installed it in the system image. From that moment on, my phone is stuck in fastboot mode, the baseband is not recognized ("") and TWRP no longer starts when I enter in recovery mode.

When I try to reboot the phone, the Moto intro does not go any further than the spinning between the Motorola and Lenovo logos. It keeps on this stage indefinitely.

I have already tried the SD card and ADB sideload installation of several different ROMs, but the same error persists

E: 21")

-Moto G5 XT1676

-bootloader is unlocked

-last time I booted the phone USB debugging mode and OME unlocking were activated

You might be able to forget about the system partition for now and just flash TWRP.img to your recovery partition via fastboot like you were supposed to do from the beginning. Then try flashing LOS using TWRP.

If that doesn't work....

Try downloading the latest stock firmware for your specific model number, then extract the system.img and flash the system.img to your system partition via fastboot. Then try flashing TWRP.img to your recovery partition via fastboot and then use TWRP to flash your LOS ROM.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
24th May 2020, 09:29 PM |#30745  
Flag Erie Canal Zone
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Exclamation It could be the download , not the device
Quote:
Originally Posted by person9

Hello,

At some point, I had to install the TWRP image, however I installed it in the system image. From that moment on, my phone is stuck in fastboot mode, the baseband is not recognized ("<not found>") and TWRP no longer starts when I enter in recovery mode.

E: 21
")

-Moto G5 XT1676
-bootloader is unlocked

It's possible that your ZIP file was interrupted mid-download or that its contents were adultered. Try re-downloading the ZIP file over a faster connection. I've always had issues downloading over a mobile connection. While you can technically pause downloads, it's not a good idea for LOS zips. You didn't get error 7, so you have the right ZIP, I presume?
The Following User Says Thank You to furboom1240 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift furboom1240 Ad-Free
25th May 2020, 05:42 PM |#30746  

More
Issue with unlock pattern
don't want you to waste your time on this any more guys, I've resolved this
26th May 2020, 03:48 AM |#30747  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 5,189

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by furboom1240

It's possible that your ZIP file was interrupted mid-download or that its contents were adultered. Try re-downloading the ZIP file over a faster connection. I've always had issues downloading over a mobile connection. While you can technically pause downloads, it's not a good idea for LOS zips. You didn't get error 7, so you have the right ZIP, I presume?

He/she could also just check the MD5
And what's with the font? No offence, but it's obnoxious.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xunholyx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xunholyx Ad-Free
26th May 2020, 04:56 AM |#30748  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay914

Hello i have redmi note 8 pro and it seems that only black shark controller is supported as gamepad controller...but it costs very much so i found a game controller called amkette evo gamepad pro 4 but it said it doesn't support mediatek chipset mobiles...so my question is is there any controller other than black shark and will there be any gamepad controller released in future for mobiles with mediatek chipsets.

Could someone please help me on this ?
26th May 2020, 06:10 AM |#30749  
Thanks Meter: 890

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay914

Could someone please help me on this ?

https://youtu.be/ohLF0zbTb7Y
The Following User Says Thank You to SubwayChamp For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SubwayChamp Ad-Free
26th May 2020, 07:16 AM |#30750  
Quote:
Originally Posted by furboom1240

You missed what is going on, they mistakenly flashed TWRP to the system partition instead of to the recovery partition. Their issue has nothing to do with faulty downloads. It is user error that caused them to corrupt their partition.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
26th May 2020, 10:38 AM |#30751  
Flag Dubai

More
UniFi UVP Custom Rom
First post here; please be gently.
For the last week I've been looking how to build a custom ROM. Look at the guides etc.

However, every tutorial I stumble upon is based on a device that is already exists. In my case I have an UniFi UVP IP Phone that has a proprietary build and is running on KitKat 4.4.2.

The information on the device is extremely limited. I do know it houses a Dual-Core Cortex A9, 1.2 GHz and 1 GB Ram, 4GB flash, no SD Card.

I am able to perform basic ADB actions but frankly I am clueless what direction I should go to. The app(s) that I want to run on it require Nougat, so nothing fancy.

I already rooted the device, I can side load apps but thats about it. Any advice on what ROM I should look at, and how to load it would be fantastic.

Thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)