[Magisk ROM] xXx NoLimits 12.4 [OP8/OP8pro] ☆ Speed/RAM optimized ☆ [OOS/H2OS v10/11]

Search This thread

Revenant Ghost

Jun 24, 2012

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200523-200051.jpg
    Screenshot_20200523-200051.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 978

lemonspeakers

Jan 11, 2009
New York
I noticed I have a ton of squares I'm placement of emojis? Or special characters? I have my emojis set to "0" stock. I also tried iso. And same thing.

How can I remove these?

xXx

Jun 14, 2008
Munich
xdaforums.com
New Version 11.3 is available for Download

How to flash?
Read the flashing/update instructions in Post #3

Changelog for v11.3
  • Added option for Pixel Sounds
    - with alarms, notifications, ringtones and ui tones
    - set PixelSounds = 1 to get it
  • Replaced arnova GCam against Urnyx05
    - more options
    - Auxiliary cameras working
    - New Pixel Astrophotography mode included
    - check camera settings to enable/disable desired options
  • Updated Always on Display from domi04151309 to v3.6.2
  • Updated Google Dialer app to v49
  • xXx.NoLimits.profile is on version 58 and auto update itself from previous versions

xXx NoLimits Donation via PayPal:
If you like xXx NoLimits, I would be happy about any donation

Here you can subscribe to the Telegram xXx NoLimits Update Channel

All Downloads here

:good::good: If you like NoLimits, don’t forget to hit thanks :good::good:​

Marioluissantana

May 20, 2016
sao paulo

How to flash?

Changelog for v11.3
  • Added option for Pixel Sounds
    - with alarms, notifications, ringtones and ui tones
    - set PixelSounds = 1 to get it
  • Replaced arnova GCam against Urnyx05
    - more options
    - Auxiliary cameras working
    - New Pixel Astrophotography mode included
    - check camera settings to enable/disable desired options
  • Updated Always on Display from domi04151309 to v3.6.2
  • Updated Google Dialer app to v49
  • xXx.NoLimits.profile is on version 58 and auto update itself from previous versions

All Downloads here

Unfortunately here the profile didn't update and I couldn't use the pixel sounds option

xXx

Jun 14, 2008
Munich
xdaforums.com
Unfortunately here the profile didn't update and I couldn't use the pixel sounds option
no idea why this might happen but you could either add a line to your current profile and add
PixelSounds = 1
and flash NoLimits again
or you download the latest v58 profile, copy it to /sdcard/xXx, change everything to your liking and flash NoLimits again

Reactions: jotha.dx and Bipop1

Bipop1

Mar 18, 2019
no idea why this might happen but you could either add a line to your current profile and add
PixelSounds = 1
and flash NoLimits again
or you download the latest v58 profile, copy it to /sdcard/xXx, change everything to your liking and flash NoLimits again
This is the sound of pixel?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200525-202104.jpg
    Screenshot_20200525-202104.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 1,277

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
CustomBootAnimation setting ignored in 11.3

... etc. ...
Thank you!

I flashed this in the normal manner on my OnePlus 7Pro (GM-1917) running OOS 10.3.2.

It properly updated my existing xXx.NoLimits.profile in the /sdcard/xXx directory to version 57, but it ignored the CustomBootAnimation = 2 directive in that profile. Instead, it displayed the xXx NoLimits Boot Animation.

I have the old, Oxygen Boot Animation file in /sdcard/xXx, and so I changed the CustomBootAnimcation value to 3. However, xXx_NoLimits still ignored that setting and came up with the xXx NoLimits Boot Animation

To be clear, the "normal manner" in which I flashed this was as follows:
(1) Copy xXx_NoLimits_11.3_magisk_rom.zip to /sdcard/xXx
(2) Go into Magisk, select Modules, and then select that file for installation.
(3) Reboot

After installation and reboot, the 11.3 version of xXx NoLimits is indeed showing in my device's Build Number.
.​

Last edited:

Bipop1

Mar 18, 2019
I flashed this in the normal manner on my OnePlus 7Pro (GM-1917) running OOS 10.3.2.

It properly updated my existing xXx.NoLimits.profile in the /sdcard/xXx directory to version 57, but it ignored the CustomBootAnimation = 2 directive in that profile. Instead, it displayed the xXx NoLimits Boot Animation.

I have the old, Oxygen Boot Animation file in /sdcard/xXx, and so I changed the CustomBootAnimcation value to 3. However, xXx_NoLimits still ignored that setting and came up with the xXx NoLimits Boot Animation

To be clear, the "normal manner" in which I flashed this was as follows:
(1) Copy xXx_NoLimits_11.3_magisk_rom.zip to /sdcard/xXx
(2) Go into Magisk, select Modules, and then select that file for installation.
(3) Reboot

After installation and reboot, the 11.3 version of xXx NoLimits is indeed showing in my device's Build Number.
.​
Download profile v58. Edit and move to xXx folder. And flash again.

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland
Download profile v58. Edit and move to xXx folder. And flash again.

Thank you. Yes, I know I can do that, but in the past, I didn't need to, and the installation of the newer version automatically updated the existing profile. I guess that feature is no longer in effect.

In any case, I went through the process of uploading the version 11.3 profile (prop.version = 58) with all my edits, and I'm still getting the same behavior ... the CustomBootAnimation = 2 and CustomBootAnimation = 3 settings are ignored.

Could this be due to the fact that I'm running on an OnePlus 7Pro, given that xXx_NoLimits 11.x is only supported on OP8/OP8pro ?
.​

Bipop1

Mar 18, 2019
Thank you. Yes, I know I can do that, but in the past, I didn't need to, and the installation of the newer version automatically updated the existing profile. I guess that feature is no longer in effect.

In any case, I went through the process of uploading the version 11.3 profile (prop.version = 58) with all my edits, and I'm still getting the same behavior ... the CustomBootAnimation = 2 and CustomBootAnimation = 3 settings are ignored.

Could this be due to the fact that I'm running on an OnePlus 7Pro, given that xXx_NoLimits 11.x is only supported on OP8/OP8pro ?
.​
I don't have that problem. I change my boot animation to stock and its work.

xXx

Jun 14, 2008
Munich
xdaforums.com

.​
no, NoLimits should work fine on the op7Pro as well. But I noticed that so far only op7Pro users have these profile issues. So far, I have no idea what may cause this

Reactions: HippoMan

HippoMan

May 5, 2009
Hippoland

PS: I completely uninstalled xXx_NoLimits, rebooted, and then re-installed 11.3 with the proper xXx.NoLimits.profile: same problem: CustomBootAnimation is ignored.

All the other xXx_NoLimits settings are indeed being honored, however.

---------- Post added at 15:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

no, NoLimits should work fine on the op7Pro as well. But I noticed that so far only op7Pro users have these profile issues. So far, I have no idea what may cause this

Oh, OK. at least I'm not alone. :)

By the way, I did not have this problem with 11.2.
.​

julgro

May 12, 2008
PS: I completely uninstalled xXx_NoLimits, rebooted, and then re-installed 11.3 with the proper xXx.NoLimits.profile: same problem: CustomBootAnimation is ignored.

All the other xXx_NoLimits settings are indeed being honored, however.

.​

---------- Post added at 15:10 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

Oh, OK. at least I'm not alone. :)

By the way, I did not have this problem with 11.2.

.​
Same for me on one plus 7 pro

Reactions: HippoMan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xXx NoLimits ☆ for OnePlus
    FastSnappySmoothStableBattery
    30996110le.png

About xXx NoLimits

xXx NoLimits is an OxygenOS Stock ROM enhancement for
    the OP8/OP8pro with OOS/H2OS based on Android 10/11

xXx NoLimits is not a traditional Rom as it does not include any OOS Rom components like Firmware, System, Vendor partitions or the Kernel. It's actually a Magisk Module which enhance your OOS/H2OS ROM base with a comprehensive set of complementary apps, functions, tweaks and debloats.

As a Magisk Module running on top of the OOS stock rom, xXx NoLimits works 100% Systemless and provide you with plenty of options to be selectively installed. This way you get most of the typical things you usually have to collect and install one by one all out of the box.

Advantages over a OOS based full rom concept
    - Works independent of the current OOS Rom version
    - Still working after OOS version upgrade
    - Support OOS Stock Rom OTA's
    - When a new OOS OTA is available, just run the OOS update, flash Magisk again and xXx NoLimits is still in place and working like before
    - Complete Systemless - Does not touch the system or vendor partition at all
    - Debloating without touching the system partition.
    - You can change debloat options and simply flash xXx NoLimits again without the need to install the OOS stock rom again.
    - smaller and faster download
    Must Requirements
    - OOS Stock Rom with basic android setup in place
    - Working Magisk in place
    - Flashing via Magisk Manager or TWRP (Magisk Manager strongly recommended)

My focus with this Rom enhancement is to provide a smooth and snappy user experience with a decent battery life with selected additional functions, tweaks and mods which, for my taste, are missing in the stock OOS Rom.
    This is just a hobby and not a commercial project. I developed this for my daily driver device and I share it with you.

Major flash options

xXx Tweaks
    Window Animation Scales
    Disable Google Play Wakelocks
    Disable ZRAM / Swap
    Systemizing Apps
    Youtube Vanced v14.21.54
    Youtube Vanced Detaching from Play Store
    Dolby Digital
    Dolby Atmos Graphic Equalizer (OP8x/OP7x devices only) (A10 and below only)
    ViPER4Android 2.5.x & 2.7.x (A10 and below only)
    JamesDSP (A10 and below only)
    Stereo Mod (OP5x/OP6x devices only)
    Pixel Sounds
    Individual Debloating
    Extreme Debloating
    Debloat GApps down to Pico level
    Full HydrogenOS bloatware removal

Busybox
    SDcard Permission fix
    SELinux Enforced/Permissive switch
    Daydream support
    Nova Launcher
    Action Launcher
    Pixel Launcher
    Lawnchair Laucher
    Google Sans Font
    Storopia Font
    Android O Emojis
    iOS Emojis
    Emoji One
    Samsung Emojis
    AdAway
    Always on Display
    Different Boot Animations
    GCam Google Camera with HDR+ etc.
    Caffeine Tile
    Google Dialer mod
    Call Recording (for OOS stock Dialer only!)

xXx System Tweaks

I added several tweaks on different levels to provide a fast and snappy user experience.
    These tweaks also improve multitasking and maintain the system to be constantly fast.
    If you like apps to popup in virtual no time I recommend you to not close them when you change to another app but just put them to the background.
    xXx Tweaks includes:
    WiFi channel bonding for the 2.4GHz frequency
    Detaching of modded apps
    Disable ZRam & ZSwap
    Disable Google Play Wakelocks for better battery life
    LMK Tweaks to use all RAM down to about 700MB left for best multitasking
    Rebuild Dalvik Cache
    Universal GMS Doze
    Kernel Tweaks
    …and several more

Debloating
    The rom provides you with the full range of debloat options. From not debloated at all (like OOS stock) to max debloated.
    The advantage of debloating is to reduce background load which potentially let Android gain more speed and save battery as less apps and services are running and leaves even more RAM to hold your favorite apps in background.
    The downside is that you might miss certain apps or functionality if you overdo it.

Sound Enhancement
    xXx NoLimits includes ViPER4AndroidFX by default unless you disable it in the flash options. I also included my favorite sound profile which you will love for sure as well. Otherwise select the full profile package as well.
    Dolby Digital is also available as an option and work side by side with Viper and the Stereo mod.

Boot Animations
    xXx NoLimits includes already a selection of different boot animations. You can also use your own bootanimation. In this case, simply copy the bootanimation.zip file to the /sdcard/xXx/ folder and set the option BootanimationinxXxFolder = 1 in the xXx.NoLimits.profile. Make sure all other boot animation options are set to 0 and that the filename is exactly bootanimation.zip.
    With this setup you can replace the bootanimation.zip file any time and it will be in place with a simple reboot. No reflashing required in this case.

Bootloop Protection
    If the android boot process takes longer than 3 minutes, the NoLimits module will be automatically uninstalled and the device will reboot without NoLimits.
    This way you can riskless enable debloat options which might end up in a bootloop. If your device stuck in a bootloop because of NoLimits, simply wait max 3 minutes and it will reboot again without NoLimits.

YouTube Vanced self-healing
    The Play Store is randomly checking if there are installed apps which are available in the Play store. If the Play Store find YouTube or YouTube vanced (same signature), it will add it to its database. From that point on, YouTube will be listed among all apps to be updated next time.
    If you have enabled YouTube Vanced in the profile, NoLimits will check every minute and remove any YouTube reference from the Play Store database. Also, if YouTube was accidentally updated already, it will be automatically reverted to YouTube Vanced again.
    In case you see YouTube listed in the Play Store, simply wait max. 1 minute and it should disappear again. If this don’t happen, check if your device still have root access, as without root, the NoLimits script stop working. In this case, simply reboot android and everything should be fixed again in about 1 minute after the reboot.

Systemizing Apps
    For all who have issues with apps being killed in the background even they are marked as not to be battery optimized. If this happens, you won't get notifications anymore from that specific app and next time you jump to that app it have to be loaded again instead of still being available in Ram.

In order to work around this issue, you can now place your critical apps as apk file with any filename in the following folder:
    /sdcard/xXx/apps
    All apk files will be installed as system apps when you flash NoLimits next time.

Now your selected apps will behave like a system app and as system apps are excluded from battery optimization mechanisms, they are most likely not killed anymore in background.

Let's say you want to do this with Whatsapp and have Whatsapp already installed as user app. This is not a problem. You don't lose any data and if updates are available, they will be applied by the Playstore like always. The apps are installed system-less as part of the NoLimits Magisk Module and NOT placed on the system partition.

If you want to add further apps, just place the apk files in /sdcard/xXx/apps and flash NoLimits again. Or if you want to remove some, or all apps simple remove the apk's or remove the apps folder and flash NoLimits again.

if you disable or uninstall NoLimits, all systemized apps are gone but remain as user apps to ensure apps like launcher etc. remain working.

How to uninstall NoLimits?

NoLimits will be completely uninstalled without residue when you select the respective waste bin symbol under the Magisk Manager "Modules" menu and reboot android.
    The removal process triggers an uninstaller script which will revert Window animation speed, several disabled Google Services and Analytics items as well as all apps prior installed by NoLimits

Credits

:good::good::good::good::good:
    @ahmed_radaideh - @amarullz - @ahmedradaideh - @A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems - @Chainfire - @deletescape - @domi04151309 - @dustintinsley - @DVDandroid - @eng.stk - @Funk Wizard - @gloeyisk - @guitardedhero - @k1ks - @Kickoff - @KpChuck - @laura almeida - @Lord Boeffla - @linuxct - @loserskater - @mantakos - @Master_T - @Mostafa Wael - @mrRobinson - @Mr.Yawnie - @osm0sis - @rovo89 - @rufus.wilson - @snowwolf725 - @topjohnwu - @ungeeked -
    @Zackptg5 - @ZaneZam

XDA:DevDB Information
    xXx NoLimits, ROM Enhancement for the OP8/OP8pro with OOS/H2OS based on Android 10

Contributors

xXx

Telegram Group:
    Be my guest at the xXx NoLimits Lounge

Supported ROM OS Version:
    - OOS & H2OS based on Android 10/11 - Stable or Open Beta ROM
    - No active NoLimits development anymore for Android 11 and beyond

Must Requirements:
    - Working Base ROM
    - Working Magisk
    - Android 11 users have to flash with Magisk 21.0 or higher.
    - Even on A10, DON'T flash with TWRP!

Version Information

Current xXx NoLimits for OnePlus Version: v12.4
    Release Date: 2020-Nov-08

Thread Created 2020-04-25
    Last Updated 2020-Nov-08
    Downloads - xXx NoLimits OP8pro

Latest Direct Downloads
    The following download links provide you with the downloads to the latest available version.

If you are looking for an older version of the rom, just follow the Android File Hosts (AFH) download link.

Important Flashing Infos:
    Before you continue to download and flash the rom,
    make sure you read through the "Flashing Instructions"
    At

Post #3

xXx_NoLimits_12.4_magisk_rom.zip
    Google Drive
    Android File Hosts

xXx.NoLimits.profile v64 to make your individual install selections
    xXx.NoLimits.profile

Important Notes when using the Rom:
    • Android 11 users have to flash with Magisk 21.0 or higher.
    • Even on A10, DON'T flash with TWRP!
    • The modded v14.x Youtube app will always start white themed after a clean install.
      - To change the theme go to settings > Vanced Settings.
    • NoLimits Installer will be flashed per Magisk Manager
      - Flashing via TWRP is not supported anymore
    • Working Magisk in place is a must requirement
    • Rom with basic android setup must be in place already
    • If you use the Google Dialer you must make it your default phone app!
    • If you remove or disable the Overlayfix Magisk module by Zackptg5 with NoLimits 10.x or higher in place, NoLimits will be removed as well during the next reboot to prevent the black screen issue. Then simply flash NoLimits again via Magisk Manager.
    • When flashing a new or other OOS ROM version with NoLimits 10.x or higher is in place, NoLimits and the OverlayFix module by Zackptg5 will be automatically removed during first boot after flashing the Rom.
    New Version 11.7 is available for Download

How to flash?

Changelog for v11.7
    • Added new xXx NoLimit Porsche Edition bootanimation thanks to @Roger.T & @xenix96
      - set CustomBootAnimation = 9 to get it
    • Added Storopia Font to replace the default font
      - set StandardFont = 2 to get it
    • Updated JoyPixels (formerly Emoji One) to v6.0
    • Updated SQLite3 to v3.32.3 thanks to HafizZiq
    • Updated Always on Display from domi04151309 to v3.7.3
    • Updated AdAway Stable to v4.3.5
    • Updated AdAway Beta to v5.0.5
    • Updated Action Launcher to v45.2
    • Updated to latest Urnyx05 Gcam version GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.0.apk
    • Updated Google Dialer app to v50
    • xXx.NoLimits.profile is on version 61 and auto update itself from previous versions

All Downloads here

New Version 12.0 is available for Download

How to flash?

Changelog for v12.0
    • Added a new debloat master rule which act global
      - 0 = Debloat selected system apps only
      - 1 = Debloat selected system apps along with the respective user apps
      - DebloatUserApps = 1 is the default setting, but some users want to debloat system apps without touching the corresponding user apps
    • Updated YouTube Vanced to v15.33.34 thanks to the Vanced Team.
      - added Dark and Black version which is YouTubeVanced option 4 & 5 now
    • Updated AdAway Stable to v4.3.6
    • Updated AdAway Beta to v5.0.7
    • Updated Action Launcher to v46.0
    • Updated Google Dialer app to v53
    • Updated to latest Urnyx05 Gcam version GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.1.apk
    • Updated to SQLite3 3.33.0 v3.1 thanks to HafizZiq
    • Updated Always on Display from domi04151309 to v3.7.7
    • Added Google Assistant as new debloat option
    • xXx.NoLimits.profile is on version 62 and auto update itself from previous versions

All Downloads here

New Version 11.6 is available for Download

How to flash?

Changelog for v11.6
    • Added Google Sans Font to replace the default font
      - set StandardFont = 1 to get it
    • Added new xXx NoLimits bootanimation thanks to @Roger.T
      - this new bootanimation replace the one installed by previous NoLimits versions
    • Updated SQLite3 to v3.32.2 thanks to HafizZiq
    • Updated Always on Display from domi04151309 to v3.7.1
    • Updated to latest Urnyx05 Gcam version GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v1.9.apk
    • Removed all Substratum stuff
      - if you still want to use it, it's all available in the Play Store
    • xXx.NoLimits.profile is on version 60 and auto update itself from previous versions

All Downloads here