[TWRP][3.4.0-14][instantnoodle]Unofficial TWRP for OnePlus 8/8 Pro Unified(Stable)

Search This thread

Nekromantik

Apr 1, 2010
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Google Pixel Watch
I want to thank all those who supported me, in 2 days I have already managed to buy the OnePlus 8 Pro, I will receive it in about a week and then I will immediately get to work. I will remove the link of the Paypal moneybox and let it close by itself so as to keep it in the historical (it will close tomorrow). A big thank you to everyone.

Great news :)
:good:

raul4916

Jun 18, 2013
Dear all,
I have to remove some off topic posts from this thread as it derailed this thread topic to a kingdom far far away.

This is development thread and please keep it on topic related to development by providing feedback, feature suggestions, and issues. Thanks.

Jerry
Censorship in the making :D

Gnahznuy

Jun 18, 2019
I rooted it without twrp but root explorer doesn't work as well. Because of I try to change UI sound in the system and it doesn't allow me to, I already grant root explorer to superuser but it still with issue. I'm not sure what's problem.

NiekKamer0105

May 22, 2020
Nice to see that twrp is coming, I booted fine with
HTML:
fastboot boot twrp.img
. Couldn't flash anything, and couldn't see my folder tree. Keep up the good work bro:good:

Reactions: hypemanisus

Aporzio

Sep 12, 2018
I'm holding off on rooting till there's a stable twrp for this device. I want to be able to flash back to stock oos if need be. I hope you can get this running up stable mauronofrio. I used your twrp on the 7 pro and you got it stable on that. I have faith in you lol

Reactions: sortoh85

daviddosa

Sep 21, 2015
Livingston
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 5
If you can access fastboot mode on the device, you can save it from pretty much any scenario.
You can root the device safely, because you can just revert back by flashing the stock boot.img via fastboot and for rooting you need to use fastboot anyway.

rcky844

Nov 3, 2019
Tiu Keng Leng
i9100
LG Optimus 4X HD
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

Features:
- TWRP boots;
- Fastboot boot is working;
- Decryption is not working.
- System, Vendor and Product partitions mount is working but you can't modify them.
- You can flash magisk and others kernels.

Install guide (Reccomended):
Acutally seems oneplus (or directly android 10) re-introduced the recovery partition so you should only flash it in recovery partition or you can try to boot it from fastboot. For now only boot it.
To flash: (Please only boot the TWRP for now)
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img

To boot:
Code:
fastboot boot twrpname.img

Tips:
If you have some problems with backup, like 255 error or something similar please check this guide: https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-6/how-to/255-error-twrp-backup-restore-999-t3801632
For the Bacups use always "system_image" and "vendor_image" instead of "system" and "vendor".

Download:
TWRP 3.3.1-0 Test by mauronofrio

Source code:
https://github.com/mauronofrio/android_bootable_recovery
https://github.com/mauronofrio/android_device_oneplus_instantnoodle_TWRP
Kernel source: precompiled stock one

My Telegram TWRP Support Group:
https://t.me/twrp_Mauronofrio

Donations:

Credits:
I want to say a big thanks to the tester @Fentadroid

Created 2020-05-18

Hey, I want to use this as a base for Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro, is that OK?

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
In regards to flashing, I've used some TWRP recoveries before where it didn't decrypt but everyone just pushed via ADB to /temp and flashed from there. Was no need to decrypt in that way.

Is that something which would be possible here?

At least until decryption works?

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
Yes but this will not work with twrp

I am talking about TWRP, this is how we flashed things on the P20 Pro using TWRP so I know it does work, I just wondered in this instance, they never got decryption working on the Pro.

I think someone should test it before saying no, I think it will work, pretty sure it will.

/Temp does not need to be decrypted, that's the point of using it.

Last edited:

sirhc

Jun 7, 2012
Charlotte
I am talking about TWRP, this is how we flashed things on the P20 Pro using TWRP so I know it does work, I just wondered in this instance, they never got decryption working on the Pro.

I think someone should test it before saying no, I think it will work, pretty sure it will.

If you're gonna do that, you might as well just adb sideload lol

GHOST1010

Apr 18, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro

You can use otg or use a pc , or better use a all-in-one tool from op , it's grate , you can find it in guides forum for 8 Pro

dlads

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Nothing Phone 2
If you're gonna do that, you might as well just adb sideload lol

Well that's how you get it on there, how else would you on a device that isn't decrypted?? Use your loaf eh.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

You can use otg or use a pc , or better use a all-in-one tool from op , it's grate , you can find it in guides forum for 8 Pro

Would prefer not to use all in one tools. Stops you from learning by relying on UI buttons

Top Liked Posts