FORUMS

turn off URL predition in browser? also 'select all URL' feature??

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By gtown, Member on 11th March 2011, 09:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
does anyone know how to get rid of the URL prediction that appears above the keyboard while using the browser in 2.2.1? this is extremely annoying and it also prevents you from seeing what you are typing in the URL box as it covers up half of the URL box to show you what the browser 'thinks' you are going to type in for an address. also does anyone know how to make browser 'auto select all' in the URL box in order to over write (type a new address) like you would do on your PC with a single click? the stock android rom did this just fine. im not sure why froyo does this in 2.2.1. when i click in the url box it deselects the address and moves cursor to the end of the url. so you have to backspace the entire URL before being able to type a new one in or u have to click hold and bring up a menu to manually select all. this is not smartphone browsing capabilities. i have never been able to figure out why when something works well. we have to change it so it doesnt work AT ALL.

i have attached a screen shot to show the URL prediction which is circled in red lines, this blocks half of the URL box - shown in picture. this shows up in all keyboards i have tried in 2.2.1 i find it redundant. how can i turn this off? is anyone else experiencing these issues??

any info on this?

thanks

gtown.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	key screen.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	540045  
12th June 2020, 12:55 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More