13th June 2020, 05:27 PM |#37201  
Forum Moderator
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 722

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiii2

Having issues now instead
Awake (Screen Off) is keeping my phone awake. I tried to narrow it down to 1.5hour log and got this log here. Location disabled as well.
https://pastebin.com/YQL6E6DR

For longer logs see here (location enabled). So location is not making the difference here.
https://pastebin.com/W3EZh0Mm
and
https://pastebin.com/aUK8s89d

Sorry mate, but all those logs aren't good for a thorough analysis. First one way too short and the last ones have way too much screen time.
The more screen usage you got, the more difficult it gets to find any culprits.
But then again, you have already submitted a log where there is absolutely nothing wrong with your idle drain.
What aren't you satisfied with?
The Following User Says Thank You to mshinni80 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mshinni80 Ad-Free
13th June 2020, 05:34 PM |#37202  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshinni80

Sorry mate, but all those logs aren't good for a thorough analysis. First one way too short and the last ones have way too much screen time.
The more screen usage you got, the more difficult it gets to find any culprits.
But then again, you have already submitted a log where there is absolutely nothing wrong with your idle drain.
What aren't you satisfied with?

I understand fully, I will return with better logs then.
I am having about 12-15% on average Awake (Screen Off) (about 1.5-2hours per charge cycle) which I want to try to eliminate as much as possible.
13th June 2020, 05:46 PM |#37203  
Thanks Meter: 1,171

More
Quote:

I understand fully, I will return with better logs then.
I am having about 12-15% on average Awake (Screen Off) (about 1.5-2hours per charge cycle) which I want to try to eliminate as much as possible.

Just note that decreasing Awake (Screen Off) time will not necessarily give you a better idle drain and in fact messing with things to decrease the Awake (Screen Off) time could actually increase the idle drain.

In the past (a long ago past) I have played around with trying to get my Awake (Screen Off) time down in hopes to decrease my idle drain but when I did it either didn't make a difference or actually increased the idle drain percentage. In my experience, there isn't necessarily a strong correlation between a low Awake (Screen Off) time and low idle drain.

On my phone I average about 14% Awake (Screen Off) time but my idle drain is still very respectable at .6%/hr.

Just my thoughts...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lughnasadh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lughnasadh Ad-Free
13th June 2020, 06:48 PM |#37204  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lughnasadh

Just note that decreasing Awake (Screen Off) time will not necessarily give you a better idle drain and in fact messing with things to decrease the Awake (Screen Off) time could actually increase the idle drain.

In the past (a long ago past) I have played around with trying to get my Awake (Screen Off) time down in hopes to decrease my idle drain but when I did it either didn't make a difference or actually increased the idle drain percentage. In my experience, there isn't necessarily a strong correlation between a low Awake (Screen Off) time and low idle drain.

On my phone I average about 14% Awake (Screen Off) time but my idle drain is still very respectable at .6%/hr.

Just my thoughts...

Thanks for your valuable input. I experience the same numbers as you do actually so perhaps I'm just over-respecting the word Awake in the overview page while it might just be another word for sleep/idle
I will still experiment a bit with airplane mode and disable various things to see wether Awake (Screen off) decreases. I'll update here in a few days.
The Following User Says Thank You to Samiii2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Samiii2 Ad-Free
14th June 2020, 10:04 AM |#37205  
Forum Moderator
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 3,305

More
Quote:

Having issues now instead
Awake (Screen Off) is keeping my phone awake. I tried to narrow it down to 1.5hour log and got this log here. Location disabled as well.
https://pastebin.com/YQL6E6DR

For longer logs see here (location enabled). So location is not making the difference here.
https://pastebin.com/W3EZh0Mm
and
https://pastebin.com/aUK8s89d

All the three contain too much screen on time. We only look at idle dumps. These dumps and the earlier ones should not be compared. It is like comparing chalk and cheese.
Still I looked at your first dump for about 1 hr and 39 mts. Obviously the phone was not in the place where it was (at home?) before. The mobile signal was patchy and that is a huge drainer. The wifi also had issues. There was constant switching between mobile data and wifi. BT was on.
If you are able to use the phone where the mobile signal is better and where the wifi behaves properly, the excess drain should go away.

EDIT: Hadn't looked at the others' posts before replying to you but basically what they say is true. My advice is not to meddle with the setup.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TNSMANI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TNSMANI Ad-Free
14th June 2020, 12:00 PM |#37206  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB126

Entering 'deep sleep' is unnecessary to realize low idle drain rates on modern devices. Forcing the matter may score a 0.1%/hr reduction (if you're lucky) while crippling the device by inducing an artificial coma (requires root) that almost always carries post-wake side effects. 0.5x/hr idle drain is excellent; enjoy your device.

Thanks for the reply. I think this is the question I was really asking. I started playing with BBS because I was having high drain from Play Services, but it seems that clearing the cache fixed that.
Thanks!
14th June 2020, 02:39 PM |#37207  
Thanks Meter: 9,978

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lughnasadh

Just my thoughts...

Reinforcing 'up-vote' with a direct response. As @Lughnasadh and others accurately state - screen off wake time (numerator) and overall power consumption do not have a strong correlation on modern devices & ROMs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free
16th June 2020, 05:27 AM |#37208  
Thanks Meter: 200

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNSMANI

The dump you have provided is not useful.
Please read the first two posts of this thread on how to obtain an idle dump. Note that it has to be for 6+ hrs atleast and with screen on time as less as possible, definitely less than a minute. Then take a new dump and post it here.

Hopefully my new dump meets the requirements!

https://pastebin.com/p6W2jkAX
16th June 2020, 09:35 AM |#37209  
Flag RMK
Thanks Meter: 228

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Raziel666

It's a fine dump. But you have major kernel problem. That keeps your phone awake

IPCRTR_lpass_rx (*api*): 9 m 21 s Cntc/wc/ec)297299/0/0 2.5%
Sorry, but I don't know how to fix it

Something to do with sensor. Also in kernel
sensor_ind (*api*): 7 m 5 s Cntc/wc/ec)436830/0/0 1.9%

My XDA app doing something, it didn't apply full info to the this post?
The Following User Says Thank You to pjadec For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pjadec Ad-Free
16th June 2020, 09:42 AM |#37210  
Thanks Meter: 200

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjadec

It's a fine dump. But you have major kernel problem. That keeps your phone awake

IPCRTR_lpass_rx (*api*): 9 m 21 s

Thanks. So there's no rogue app or any Google services weird activity?

Can this be solved by changing kernel? (already on a custome one)
16th June 2020, 09:45 AM |#37211  
Forum Moderator
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 3,305

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Raziel666

Your mobile signal strength was good but not great. BT was on and Fitbit remained connected. In my observations, BT connections to smart watches/bands always drain battery. If you need it, you have to be prepared for the consequences.
Instant Messaging Service fired many alarms. Location/scanning was on. If you need it while sleeping, be ready to sacrifice some battery.
Too many widget updates. Either reduce the number of updates if possible or the widgets themselves.
Facebook, another known drainer, was active. If possible discard it and use the web based alternative.
Many apps triggered background uploads/downloads.
Do you have any gestures enabled? They kept the Significant Motion Detector sensor awake for a long time.
With the above information, restrict what you can and are willing to.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TNSMANI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TNSMANI Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alarms, android, battery drain, battery monitor, battery stats, bbs, betterbatterystats, failed, wakelock, wakeup

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)