[APP] Raccoon v4.12 - An apk downloader for Google Play

Search This thread

Andy1767

Sep 8, 2014
Alps
Unable to login to google acount in raccoon

Since recently I am no longer able to login to google using raccoon. :crying:
Did try to start from scratch using the setup wizard but on the final step I always do get the error message "BadAuthentication".

I can still logon to my google account using the web browser.
On the my devices page there is currently no phone listed.
I tried the add phone dialogue on the web page of my google account and then running the setup wizard but still always "BadAuthentication".
I've 2 factor disabled.

Any clue how I can get my login in raccoon working again?

I do have a uncaught.zip in my raccoon folder. Not sure if this would help to resolve my problem.

Andy1767

Sep 8, 2014
Alps
Since recently I am no longer able to login to google using raccoon. :crying:
Did try to start from scratch using the setup wizard but on the final step I always do get the error message "BadAuthentication".

I can still logon to my google account using the web browser.
On the my devices page there is currently no phone listed.
I tried the add phone dialogue on the web page of my google account and then running the setup wizard but still always "BadAuthentication".
I've 2 factor disabled.

Any clue how I can get my login in raccoon working again?

I do have a uncaught.zip in my raccoon folder. Not sure if this would help to resolve my problem.

Sorry false alarm.
Strangely today the logon in raccoon no longer results in "BadAuthentication" but works flawlessly again.
The only thing I did differently today was not to copy and paste the password from the password manager into the dialogue box in raccoon but to type it in manually there.
Not sure if that did the trick or something else.
I could register a dummy device again and everything is working again like it should.

onyxbits

Dec 29, 2012
www.onyxbits.de
Sorry false alarm.
Strangely today the logon in raccoon no longer results in "BadAuthentication" but works flawlessly again.
The only thing I did differently today was not to copy and paste the password from the password manager into the dialogue box in raccoon but to type it in manually there.
Not sure if that did the trick or something else.
I could register a dummy device again and everything is working again like it should.

Sounds like there may have been extra whitespaces in the password when you copied it.

Ascii3

Sep 17, 2015
@onyxbits - Can Raccoon be used to provide correct device information for real devices to Google Play so that such devices appear on the Google Play website after login to the Google account?

After reading the Raccoon web-based documentation, it appears that Raccoon uploads information for a fake device by default. Can one avoid having the fake device information provided to Google Play?

onyxbits

Dec 29, 2012
www.onyxbits.de
@onyxbits - Can Raccoon be used to provide correct device information for real devices to Google Play so that such devices appear on the Google Play website after login to the Google account?

For that, you'll want to use DummyDroid. It can probe a real device and send exactly that profile to Play.

After reading the Raccoon web-based documentation, it appears that Raccoon uploads information for a fake device by default. Can one avoid having the fake device information provided to Google Play?

Yes. In the Setup Wizard, you select "Use Existing Device", then enter the GSF ID and Useragent, provided by DummyDroid.

Reactions: Ascii3

RacconLover

Nov 18, 2019
Adding Raccoon Profile via command line

Hello,

I am not very familiar with this form so I am sorry if I am posting in the wrong place.

I want to ask if is possible to set-up the Raccoon profile via command line arguments (Such as providing your Google account and password for the first time the application is running). I haven't seen any options related to this when it displays the "raccoon.jar" options. Will this be available in the future ?
It would be nice if all GUI functions were available on the command line.

Thank you !

BrianBr

Aug 28, 2020
Last edited:

onyxbits

Dec 29, 2012
www.onyxbits.de
@BrianBr
Hello,

I am not very familiar with this form so I am sorry if I am posting in the wrong place.

I want to ask if is possible to set-up the Raccoon profile via command line arguments (Such as providing your Google account and password for the first time the application is running). I haven't seen any options related to this when it displays the "raccoon.jar" options. Will this be available in the future ?
It would be nice if all GUI functions were available on the command line.

Thank you !

This is not possible, yet. I'm working on it though. I guess, you want to run Raccoon on a server? In this case, you'd have to set it up on your desktop computer, then simply copy the Raccoon directory to your server.

Hikari no Tenshi

Nov 12, 2011
Mykolaiv
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
OnePlus 7

Have error when trying to open "My Apps":

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Width (0) and height (0) cannot be <= 0
at java.desktop/java.awt.image.DirectColorModel.createCompatibleWritableRaster(DirectColorModel.java:1016)
at java.desktop/java.awt.image.BufferedImage.<init>(BufferedImage.java:333)
at de.onyxbits.weave.diag.ReportManager.render(ReportManager.java:180)
at de.onyxbits.weave.diag.ReportBackend.capture(ReportBackend.java:64)
at de.onyxbits.weave.diag.ReportManager.createBugReport(ReportManager.java:104)
at de.onyxbits.weave.diag.ReportBackend.uncaughtException(ReportBackend.java:52)
at java.base/java.lang.ThreadGroup.uncaughtException(ThreadGroup.java:1053)
at java.base/java.lang.ThreadGroup.uncaughtException(ThreadGroup.java:1048)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.processException(EventDispatchThread.java:222)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:214)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)

Andy1767

Sep 8, 2014
Alps
An increasing number of apps in my raccoon repository are failing to download available updates.
Some popular apps like "Among Us" and "Mobile Legends: Bang Bang" are among them.
When I go to Markt / Apps aktualisiern these Apps show in the Transfers listm but when it tries to download the update it just says "Fehler". Not sure how I can fix this problem.

tgd66

May 21, 2020
First of all congratulations on a great sets of apps. Really impressive. To questions come to mind::

1) talking about how Play manages bundles... any idea why Apkcombo.com /apk downloader can download the same app as bundles and "all in one" apks, and raccoon/dummydroid only shows the bundle?

2) planning on buying a pair of keys for the apps, I was wondering what does "An instance is defined as the filesystem path, containing the runtime data of the software." mean exactly. The filepath is where the dummydroid & raccoon diretories are created c:\users\<user>\documents and not where both exe are stored, right? Once activated the resotre to a new machine has to be in the same path, correct?

Cheers
TGD66

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP] Raccoon v4.13 - An apk downloader for Google Play

Ever ran into one of these problems?
    • You want to check out an app, but your device is not officially supported.
    • After flashing a custom ROM, you no longer have Google Play available on your phone.
    • You updated an app, but the new version causes nothing but trouble and you want to go back to the previous version.
    • You are not satisfied with Google's privacy policy and would rather download apps without hooking your phone up to Google.
    • You want to check out apps without them cluttering up your "My Apps" list and potentially influencing app suggestions.
    • You don't have unlimited bandwidth at your disposal but want to install an app on multiple devices in your household.

Raccoon is a Google Play desktop client that will enable you to download APK files from Google Play and cache them locally on your desktop computer. You can maintain as many caches as you like (e.g. one per Google Account or one per device you own). Each cache is able to hold apps in multiple versions.

1MBGPHJ.png

Click here to download

Usage instructions:

1. Install Java (java.com)
    2. racoon.jar should now be executeable, start it like any other program
    3. Enter your loginname and password (prefererably from a throw away account).
    4. type "Onyxbits" into the textfield.
    5. You should now see a list of all my apps (yes, shameless plug, I know).
    6. Maybe download "List My Apps"
    7. you will get an APK file, transfer that to your phone by whatever means suit you (e.g. copy via USB cable).
    8. Enable "Unknown Sources" on your device to install the APK
    Teaser of the GUI for the upcoming v2.0 version. Thumbs up, thumbs down?

oxhnTC6.png
    Just calling in to announce, that Raccoon v4.0.1 is available now. It is a complete rewrite of the old application, adding many new features. Let me know how it handles!

Download url: http://raccoon.onyxbits.de
    K guys, new release. Changelog here. This is really all I can do for the moment. May it hold for now.