FORUMS

*** New Device Forum Requests ***

30,116 posts
Thanks Meter: 25,266

By the_scotsman, Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee on 18th May 2012, 11:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st June 2020, 05:12 AM |#23831  
Flag Vijayawada
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by O_G

Threads are tagged automatically when created from within the discussion page, otherwise they need to be added manually.

Members and moderators are not able to edit or add tags, they are managed by myself. I have added the two threads of yours, both were tagged, but not valid, so either:

• The thread was created outside of the ET discussion page, and added after the fact. This will not work as members are unable to add tags..
  • The thread was created from within the ET discussion page, and the tag edited by a member. This breaks the validation of the tag, rendering it useless.

Both now appear in the ET

@shantanu rao Please do not ask questions in this thread, find the appropriate forum/ET and post there, if these are unavailable, post in android general.

Can you please take a look at my rom threads? My ROM and TWRP. I created these threads not knowing about the ET system. These are for the device Lenovo K8 Plus. Later I edited the tags for those threads yet I'm not able to find them in the Forum Section. Can you please make them appear in the forum section
21st June 2020, 07:20 AM |#23832  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA
Thanks Meter: 12,104

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.P

Can you please take a look at my rom threads? My ROM and TWRP. I created these threads not knowing about the ET system. These are for the device Lenovo K8 Plus. Later I edited the tags for those threads yet I'm not able to find them in the Forum Section. Can you please make them appear in the forum section

Good morning, @M.A.P

Thanks very much for your development and contribution to XDA; that's great.
I'll take care of this. However, please allow probably a few hours until they appear under Lenovo K8 Plus. I see that you manually tagged your threads; however, these are not ET's. As @O_G said in the post you quoted, members are not able to add ET's.

Have a nice day,
regards
Oswald Boelcke

(CC @SacredDeviL666)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free
21st June 2020, 08:58 AM |#23833  
Flag Vijayawada
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Boelcke

Good morning, @M.A.P

I'll take care of this. However, please allow probably a few hours until they appear under Lenovo K8 Plus. I see that you manually tagged your threads; however, these are not ET's. As @O_G said in the post you quoted, members are not able to add ET's.

Have a nice day,
regards
Oswald Boelcke

(CC @SacredDeviL666)

Thanks a ton! From next time I'll create a new thread from forum section itself. Have a great day
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M.A.P For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift M.A.P Ad-Free
21st June 2020, 11:01 AM |#23834  
Retired Senior Moderator - May You Rest in Peace - "Like Duh"
¤No Man's Land¤
Thanks Meter: 8,855

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald Boelcke

Good morning, @M.A.P

Have a nice day,
regards
Oswald Boelcke

(CC @SacredDeviL666)

The mentioned threads should appear in ET section now. @Oswald Boelcke @M.A.P
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SacredDeviL666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SacredDeviL666 Ad-Free
3rd July 2020, 07:41 PM |#23835  
Flag Webster, NY
Thanks Meter: 110

Donate to Me
More
Sign Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro
Requesting subforum and ET's for:

Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro

To be honest I'm surprised there isn't one yet, as this seems to be the "phone to get" in 2020 for those of us typically here. It's a new phone that comes with Android 10 out of the box, with removable battery (!), MicroSD, dual sim, headphone jack, notification LED, a IP68 water / dust resistant rating, milspec designed (5 food drop rated), "built in case", recessed screen, and so on. It's a highly durable, repairable, up to date phone using a respectable mid tier chipset that has modern power savings and so on. It's $500 from Amazon etc, and works on multiple carriers including Verizon and AT&T.

info about the phone: https://www.samsung.com/us/business/...xy-xcover-pro/
The Following User Says Thank You to Protonus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Protonus Ad-Free
4th July 2020, 02:32 AM |#23836  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
dear admin...
plz consider to creates fonepad 8 a.k.a FE380CG a.k.a K016, why i still used this device, cos its mean alot to me, when i was a poorest dad in the world, i managed to sell my kindney, and succeded bought my kids a tablet back in the days, still the tablet running well but couldnt installed FAMILY LINK due to requirement of Android 6, so i still (everyday) looking for the forum everywhere, couldnt any custom rom, i know that the device is oldschooled and but this device is the most preciously things i ever had to my kid, could you plz make it one?
4th July 2020, 03:33 PM |#23837  
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardt75

dear admin...
plz consider to creates fonepad 8 a.k.a FE380CG a.k.a K016, why i still used this device, cos its mean alot to me, when i was a poorest dad in the world, i managed to sell my kindney, and succeded bought my kids a tablet back in the days, still the tablet running well but couldnt installed FAMILY LINK due to requirement of Android 6, so i still (everyday) looking for the forum everywhere, couldnt any custom rom, i know that the device is oldschooled and but this device is the most preciously things i ever had to my kid, could you plz make it one?

If there are no custom ROMs or if there is no kind of development support in existence for that device, it will never get a forum. Only popular devices with an active community of users that have lots of ROMs and development available for them get a forum.

Your device is old and no one has developed anything for it, if someone wanted to develop custom ROMs for that device, they would have already done so, since they haven't done so by now, that means they never will.

I hope you didn't sell your kidney to get this device, if that is why you sold your kidney, you did not make a wise choice at all. Pardon my rudeness, but, that would have actually been rather foolish.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus

Requesting subforum and ET's for:

Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro

To be honest I'm surprised there isn't one yet, as this seems to be the "phone to get" in 2020 for those of us typically here. It's a new phone that comes with Android 10 out of the box, with removable battery (!), MicroSD, dual sim, headphone jack, notification LED, a IP68 water / dust resistant rating, milspec designed (5 food drop rated), "built in case", recessed screen, and so on. It's a highly durable, repairable, up to date phone using a respectable mid tier chipset that has modern power savings and so on. It's $500 from Amazon etc, and works on multiple carriers including Verizon and AT&T.

info about the phone: https://www.samsung.com/us/business/...xy-xcover-pro/

Is there any custom development for it yet? Is there lots of development for it yet? Does it have a large, active community of users? If these answere are no, it won't get ET's or a forum until at least those requirements are met.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)