Paranoid Android Quartz 4 - Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2

Search This thread

kayamokid

Jan 29, 2013
Earth
POCO X4 Pro
stock kernel of Quartz 3 seems have a problem. charging while power off is not working, otg not working as well. but previous issues in quartz 2 already resolve in quartz 3. thanks man. :D

kayamokid

Jan 29, 2013
Earth
POCO X4 Pro
even i changed into some custom kernel, idle drain is my big problem here at first, idle drain is good, but suddenly battery drops fast when screen is off. dont know what specific app cause this much battery drop in idle drain. i almost restricted all of the apps but still draining persists

Reactions: Sunny Za

m_vaisakh

Recognized Developer
even i changed into some custom kernel, idle drain is my big problem here at first, idle drain is good, but suddenly battery drops fast when screen is off. dont know what specific app cause this much battery drop in idle drain. i almost restricted all of the apps but still draining persists

Use default kernel, idle drain isn't much on that. And stop using apps with persistent notifications

Reactions: balmiar

NagarjunaB

Mar 2, 2017
I tried to lock LTE bands using Network signal guru app(with root). But it showed me below prompt mentioning locking features aren't available.
https://imgur.com/a/wQcXasy
https://imgur.com/a/uApF3eM

Do you have any plans to enable band locking features?

Note: previously, I was able to lock bands in other roms, but i think they were not on same vendor/system versions, so not sure if this is rom specific or vendor specific

m_vaisakh

Recognized Developer
I tried to lock LTE bands using Network signal guru app(with root). But it showed me below prompt mentioning locking features aren't available.
https://imgur.com/a/wQcXasy
https://imgur.com/a/uApF3eM

Do you have any plans to enable band locking features?

Note: previously, I was able to lock bands in other roms, but i think they were not on same vendor/system versions, so not sure if this is rom specific or vendor specific

I'm not sure how that's done.

Uvaraj2112

Aug 23, 2014
Chennai
The audio output volume in the main speakers is considerably low compared to stock and some other custom ROMs. Ringtone, Alarm or Songs are almost inaudible a few meters away from the phone.
Could we expect any work on that please?

Other than that, is almost perfect!

m_vaisakh

Recognized Developer
The audio output volume in the main speakers is considerably low compared to stock and some other custom ROMs. Ringtone, Alarm or Songs are almost inaudible a few meters away from the phone.
Could we expect any work on that please?

Other than that, is almost perfect!

It's the Asus audio blobs that have a considerable regressions on the audio quality and loudness. At the moment, I'm looking into alternatives for increasing it, but haven't found any yet.

anjarys

Feb 3, 2011
Jakarta
Use dolby or viper till then

Have tried viper already, nothing close to stock level.
Couldn't notice any big difference.

Will try and report back, thanks.
Doesnt have to be equal to stock, at least i can hear bit clearly in crowdy environment, that should help.

========================
Edit:
Tried viper and dolby. While viper gave no difference at all (perhaps due to lack of knowledge of setting it up), on contrary, dolby gave good effects. Speakers are louder even at 50% volume. Calls are easier to hear also.

I use dolby from here https://xdaforums.com/android/software/mm-p-dolby-digital-plus-arise-20181115-t3868192/amp/. I would suggest to install version 7.2.

Last edited:

balmiar

Apr 28, 2019
I see the problem or bug with wifi and hotspot. It's simply doesn't work whenever the device is plugged in

Sunny Za

Nov 23, 2017
Same

vinodagrawat

Apr 19, 2019
2 issues

What kinda issues?
Details plz

This ROM is very nice. I am using this ROM for 10-15 days. Only two issues I found. 1st one is default launcher crashed every time (I am using Pixel launcher, working fine). 2nd one is in native video call camera is showing working but to whom I am calling they are not able to see me, then I tried Whatsapp Video call, in that it is working fine. Kindly provide the fix if possible. All permission is given to Dialer.

m_vaisakh

Recognized Developer
This ROM is very nice. I am using this ROM for 10-15 days. Only two issues I found. 1st one is default launcher crashed every time (I am using Pixel launcher, working fine). 2nd one is in native video call camera is showing working but to whom I am calling they are not able to see me, then I tried Whatsapp Video call, in that it is working fine. Kindly provide the fix if possible. All permission is given to Dialer.

Did you flash gapps?

For the second issue, I'm going to need logs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    H7UTOo7.png

We are very excited to announce the release of Paranoid Android Quartz, based on Android 10.

On the first launch, you’ll notice a clean setup with a beautiful wallpaper from Hampus Olsson, who teamed up with us again to create several beautiful pieces of artwork. Hampus is a multi-disciplinary artist whose design stands for itself and we’re glad to have him onboard. We also added further UI touches that we believe enhance the overall user experience. You can find all of the Paranoid Android wallpapers and many more in the Abstruct app, included in our builds.

Our builds are based on the Code Aurora Forum Android base, which is optimized for Qualcomm platforms and has a higher degree of performance, battery life, and functionality compared to the Android Open Source Project platform. The Paranoid Android team and contributors are focusing on squashing existing bugs, and implementing and improving features, performance, and stability. We are dedicated to providing a user experience with the stability that you can expect from stock ROMs with best-in-class performance and features to help you get the most out of your device.

Notice

As we are growing on our list of supported devices in each release, we require of a stronger build environment so we can speed up the compilation process for releases. Based on the actual Quartz 4 list, we support over 30 devices, which takes between 2 and 3 days for all the builds to be completed without counting possible compilation issues or rebuild needs, based on our current specs.

We kindly ask all of you that are in position to donate anything, to help and support us so we can provide better and faster build releases, as well as increase the download speed of our servers, all looking for your enjoyment.

You can donate on the link below:

Donate

Device-specific issues

You tell me.

Note: Custom kernels are NOT supported!

Requirements

Get the Stock Beta (.424) vendor from here
    Make sure you've flashed Stock Beta (.424) Vendor before flashing the ROM.

Download

Get the latest Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 build: Download

Changelogs

Keep an eye on our Twitter account, @paranoidaospa , as we will be posting about new features getting included in the release builds, as well as links to betas for those devices that will get them.

Paranoid Android Quartz released

Instructions

• This device runs under Stock Beta 10 (.424) vendor, make sure you flash vendor zip provided before flashing PA package.
      Reboot to fastboot
      Fastboot boot TWRP
      Install PA zip package
      ** Mount vendor
      ** Flash vendor.zip
      Reboot

** Only required for the first flashing, and may be optional.

Important / Useful links
    Paranoid Android Twitter
    Paranoid Android Channel (Telegram)
    Paranoid Android Community (Telegram)

Help us improve PA by submitting detailed bug reports with logs. Learn how to take logs here.

Cheers and #StayParanoid!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Paranoid Android Quartz, ROM for the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2

Contributors
    m_vaisakh, xboxfanj, herna, @Rk585
    Source Code: https://github.com/AOSPA

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock Q Beta Vendor
    Based On: CAF

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 3
    Stable Release Date: 2020-06-12
    Beta Release Date: 2020-01-20

Created 2020-04-08
    Last Updated 2020-07-25
    Quartz 2 has been released!

Changelog:

* New re-designed volume panel
    * Face unlock
    * Brightness slider adjusted

Quartz 3 has been released!

Changelog:
    * Fixed WiFi display
    * Fixed Audio crackling completely
    * Improved Ram management for 3GB devices
    * Updated vendor to .424 Stock Q Beta

Quartz 4 has been released!

Changelog:

• Improved audio
    • Fixed low earpiece volume issue
    • Improved vibration
    • Rebased on stock Q 424 kernel source
    • Kernel upstreamed to 4.4.230
    • Kernel compiled with GCC10

Downloads in OP

#StayParanoid
    Paranoid Android Quartz Beta 1 - Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2

OP Has been updated, we're now officially supported!
    Paranoid Android Quartz 3 has been released!
    Check the op for changelogs and more!

Download links will be available in OP!

Device specific changelog:
    * Fixed WiFi display
    * Fixed Audio crackling completely
    * Improved Ram management for 3GB devices
    * Updated vendor to .424 Stock Q Beta