FORUMS

View Poll Results: Should I add transparent status bar with the low memory flag enabled?

Yes

71 Vote(s)
68.93%
No

32 Vote(s)
31.07%

[ROM] [4.4.2] SlimKat (jordan) [STABLE 4.0] [Weekly 3.85] [Unofficial]

1,927 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,757

By TJKV, Senior Member on 5th December 2013, 02:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th February 2017, 09:12 PM |#951  
Flag Kiel
Thanks Meter: 96

Donate to Me
More
This is meant by black and white
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1487193112156.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	4042763  
The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk64 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dirk64 Ad-Free
16th February 2017, 05:52 AM |#952  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk64

No recovery required, read the guide for RSD. Flash stock Firmware and start from scratch. Pull out the Akku, if you are bootlooping, Defy does not charge otherwise! If you habe downloaded firmware, push power and loudness up and then push in the akku so it will show up a black and white screen.Connect to your Computer, RSD will show connected. Go to browse, select the firmware and push Start. Wait until it shows up "Pass"!

it says the battery is too low to program, how should I charge it?
18th February 2017, 09:23 AM |#954  

More
Quote:

[https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...php?t=1828639]

so now I tried RSD lite and it said it was complete. I let the phone sit for while, but the screen never came about on. I pulled the battery tried turning it on, but nothing. However, even though the screen doesn't recognize it, the computer does when I plug it in. What do I do?
18th February 2017, 01:48 PM |#955  
Flag Kiel
Thanks Meter: 96

Donate to Me
More
Go to recovery and wipe cache and data. Try again flashing with RSD if it doesn't boot. And READ the how to's
The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk64 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dirk64 Ad-Free
18th February 2017, 04:00 PM |#956  

More
I can't get into recover and I read these how tos:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...30&postcount=6

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...3PuoJyJz4/edit
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...d.5ind6fnvj5v3

Any other recommendations?
19th February 2017, 05:25 PM |#957  

More
Quote:

Go to recovery and wipe cache and data. Try again flashing with RSD if it doesn't boot. And READ the how to's

sorry I forgot to quote you in the above message
4th March 2017, 08:45 PM |#958  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can you please supply another link to DefyParts.apk ?
Can you please supply a new link to DefyParts.apk, the dropbox link does not seem to work. Thanks
9th September 2017, 09:38 PM |#959  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
I've installed it on my MB525 (Defy) and the wifi does not work - everything else is fine.
I've noticed that this ROM's file name contains MB526, is there an MB525 version of it as well?

If I install the other popular ROM CM11 by Quarx, then wifi is OK, but the entire phone is a little sluggish, so SlimKat would be better.
24th June 2020, 08:18 AM |#960  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
non-urgent. Keep calm & geek on
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkovacsp

I've installed it on my MB525 (Defy) and the wifi does not work - everything else is fine.
I've noticed that this ROM's file name contains MB526, is there an MB525 version of it as well?

If I install the other popular ROM CM11 by Quarx, then wifi is OK, but the entire phone is a little sluggish, so SlimKat would be better.

I too put the 20140407 build on a MB525, & wifi hotspot from another phone is working. The 2nd last fiddle, the browser wasn't interested in trying to launch a page, or reload, but whatever the issue was, resolved & worked fine when I came back to it later.
MB526 may've also been seen on the CM11 mentioned, as it seems common for these ROMs, with these almost identical/compatible phone models (nothing to worry about )
IIRC from reading threads for this old clunker, avoid gapps to avoid being "sluggish".
mY tUrN: Headphones work with it to play a song, but when I use the FM radio tuner, audio comes out the phone's internal speaker, instead of headphones "Other CM11" doesn't have the issue, it's FM tuner playing through headphones successfully, on a MB526
I'm guessing ..maybe bluetooth speakers/headphones etc would be a suitable solution instead, but if anyone else w/ slimkat installed wants to double-check, or if there's any info on this etc, i'm all ears!
Attempted using other apps as a fix, to no avail.
-SpiritF app throws error 'Tuner API did not start or stop. This device may need a kernel with a working FM driver' (also threw error on launch, 'Unknown Device', w/ suggestions of which models it's for)
-NextRadio also failed when trying to start the tuner feature
**I haven't tried switching & booting to ROM's alternative ART runtime
>Didn't find any stock settings that could change the FM tuner's audio output
>>& yet to look for a app to add, that could change settings w/ a over-ride (possibly Xposed modules would be where to look)
I assume magisk won't work with Defy, seeing it needs to install to the bootloader. In our case, I think our substitute "bootloader"-alternative is SndInit, which may or may not be able to be developed to trick a shoe-horned magisk, to work in it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)