[Q] Xbox 360 controller android spinning camera

137 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By wardy277, Senior Member on 23rd December 2011, 06:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th January 2012, 04:49 PM |#11  

More
How did you setup your profile with the app? Could you upload the profile or detail it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
21st January 2012, 04:11 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

More
OK, after some more research and trial and error I seem to have fixed the issue. The only bad news is that you need to be root. Something I found on a post talking about the onlive controller made me try their solution.

Firstly you need to run dmesg and look for the line:
<6>[ 1489.104652] usb 2-1: New USB device found, idVendor=045e, idProduct=0291

Taken from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1418263:

Open up a terminal emulator and run the following (building the new filename from the idVendor and idProduct)

su
cd /system/usr/keylayout/
mount -o remount,rw /system
cp Vendor_045e_Product_028e.kl Vendor_045e_Product_0291.kl

Reboot for the change to take into effect and both gta3 and shadowgun worked brilliantly. I had to assign some controls from within the shadowgun game to my preference and I can't be happier. I am running teamEOS ics ROM but this should work for honeycomb.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wardy277 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wardy277 Ad-Free
25th January 2012, 05:31 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyrichards

Hmm, The XBOX Wired Controller works like a charm. Perhaps there is a driver issue. I know that using a wireless controller with Windows causes problems sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealyourface

Well I dont think microsoft made black wireless adapters for PC. And on the tegra site it says wireless controllers arent supported. Though wired is.

I can confirm that this is happening on my wired controller. The wireless/wired is not the problem. For me, the problem seems to ONLY happen when I press one of the trigger buttons on the 360 controller. Sounds playable, right? Well apparently some of other buttons don't work, like the drive/brake button. I have no idea what those buttons are so I don't know which ones aren't working.
25th January 2012, 08:10 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmallow

I can confirm that this is happening on my wired controller. The wireless/wired is not the problem. For me, the problem seems to ONLY happen when I press one of the trigger buttons on the 360 controller. Sounds playable, right? Well apparently some of other buttons don't work, like the drive/brake button. I have no idea what those buttons are so I don't know which ones aren't working.

Are you root? Have you tried my solution above?
The Following User Says Thank You to wardy277 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wardy277 Ad-Free
25th January 2012, 08:19 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I'm not rooted so I didn't try your solution. I think my problem is that I lost the dongle USB connector on from the xbox controller. I replaced it with the dongle from a Rock Band drum set. When I connect the controller to my computer it plays fine and registers as an xbox controller, except when I connect it to the tablet it came up as a Harmonix music controller. Maybe its just the dongle. I'm going to look around to try and find my original.

EDIT: I just found my original dongle, and it still shows up as a music controller. I'm pretty sure I'm only getting this problem because I'm using a cheap gamestop controller instead of a real xbox controller.
17th January 2015, 06:00 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardy277

OK, after some more research and trial and error I seem to have fixed the issue. The only bad news is that you need to be root. Something I found on a post talking about the onlive controller made me try their solution.

Open up a terminal emulator and run the following (building the new filename from the idVendor and idProduct)

su

Reboot for the change to take into effect and both gta3 and shadowgun worked brilliantly. I had to assign some controls from within the shadowgun game to my preference and I can't be happier. I am running teamEOS ics ROM but this should work for honeycomb.

OOOOHHHH YES!! This is the solution!!! Only reading this REPLY I have found the solution for all my problems... i try to Explain:
I have a OnePlus One whit Boeflla Kernel........ this kernel have a native support for Wired Controller XBOX 360 and i have two GameStop Xbox compatible controller!

There is correctly detected and working whitout problems but during some games like driving games my car swerved a little to the left when the analog stick is still on center!

I have tryed to found a solution over google and i found this thread... and now i have found a solution:
- I have installed "Android Terminal Emulator"
- I have connect my OTG cable and my Xbox 360 GameStop GamePad
- Immediately i have open the terminal... run su to get the root previleges and execute dmesg for found the correct idproduct and idvendor of my Gamepad!

At this point i have used ES File Manager... and whit that i have make a copy of stock file "cp Vendor_045e_Product_028e.kl" and after i have renamed to my needs (Vendor_0e6f_Product_0301.kl in my case) !

I have restart my device......... and rerun the same driving games and not YEAH!!! When Analog stick its still on center the car continue to runs perfectly well to forward whitout any problems!!

Very great solution!!!

At this point my question it's:
If i change my OTG Cable... the IdVendor and ProductID it's been changed or not ?
I have two different GamePad (two identical gamestop because it's perfect to play on PC )... and if i want to connect my second gamepad i need again to found the idvendor/product or not ??
21st January 2015, 01:11 PM |#17  
Flag Solingen
Thanks Meter: 604

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardy277

su

oh man thanks!!! this is great! luckily i found your post thanks for this
btw i had the same problem with spinning camera etc on my tegra note 7. thanks to this i am able to play the games just perfectly. really big thanks dude. *pressed thanks button*
8th March 2017, 10:10 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey I use a wired Xbox 360 controller and in mine craft it looks up and spins and in menus it scrolls up.
21st December 2017, 06:14 PM |#19  

More
I have a MYGT Bluetooth controller which works fine with the game. However I get the same thing you were describing when I try using a Razer keyboard and GE mouse with a OTG adapter and USB hub. In Google I can type and move the cursor so I know the game is what's messing up. I tried playing Minecraft with external devices and it works fine with the Bluetooth controller, however when using the keyboard only the number keys, functions buttons, and arrow keys work with the game.
24th June 2020, 06:12 PM |#20  

More
My only and easiest solution was to install Magisk and 1controller module, a pity it doesn't exist as APK, good luck in installing Magisk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gta3, spinning camera, xbox controller

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)