FORUMS

View Poll Results: What is your favourite Genre?

Action

180 Vote(s)
23.53%
Comedy

153 Vote(s)
20.00%
Sci-Fi

222 Vote(s)
29.02%
Drama

36 Vote(s)
4.71%
Thriller

78 Vote(s)
10.20%
Horror

58 Vote(s)
7.58%
Other

38 Vote(s)
4.97%

Off-Topic Movie Club

12,424 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,883

By Dirk, Senior Member on 17th September 2011, 02:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th June 2020, 12:31 PM |#7901  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Bloodbath at the House of Death - very funny with Kenny Everett and Vincent Price, sort of in the English version of the Airplane/Police Squad style from the early 80's.

A New Hope on bluray aka "How that hack Lucas can screw things up even more". Seriously someone needs to buy the rights off him and remove the crap he's added, remake the prequels so they actually fit with the series, and make Timothy Zahn's trilogy as eps 7-9.

Danielle picked up a 6 film Bond box set on bluray from hmv today for the bargain price of £22 saving about £90! So we'll probably watch Dr No tonight.
16th June 2020, 02:33 AM |#7902  
Flag Rahasia
Thanks Meter: 497

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk

Watched Extraction and rather liked it. Lot's of no nonsense action, aided by some great camera work. Some of which was simply amazing! Liked the characters and the acting was better than i expected. Solid 8/10

Edge of Tomorrow is another Action movie that is just good fun from the very beginning. Tom Cruise manages to bring an element of comedy into this Groundhog Day inspired, Sci-Fi Action film. His energy is impressive and alongside Emily Blunt, who is perfect casting in almost any movie, he manages to showcase all of his talents without eating the scenery.
...ich that's Tr

I think I have watched edge of tomorrow more than 25 times. It never gets boring. When I saw Groundhog day when it cane out I was like wow what a concept. Edge if tomorrow jusr took it to another level. I.was suprised alot of people didn't understand it. one of my favourite anyway.

i watched
The Roads not taken- but i just couldn't finish it. Good acting but I cant watch those depressing movies. I might try to finish it after the pandemic.

The Flu- Korean movie. Its OK. much like Contagion. 6/10 alot of over acting but some surprises.

The Islands - low budget dont bother bad movie. 2/10

Arkansas - good movie with Vince Vaughn about drugs. 7.5/10 highly watchable

Radioacrive - about madame Curie the genius. Worth watching. some slow bits but good ending. 7/10

Birds of prey- Harley quinn movie better than previous movie but it is just so predictable. 6/10

The Legion- i watched it and cant remember it was that unmemorable . low budget. don't waste ur time. . 2/10

Contagion- good (oldish) movie. love marion cotillard always. good acting and story. 7.5/10

The gentleman- i think i mentioned. good. 7.5/10

The Whistlers- big action but waste of time. 4/10 so predictable.

Torpedo- this movie torpedoed. 2/10 boring

Other lamb- i think i mentioned this one. strange good weird cult movie. 7/10

Hogar- i fell asleep it was that boring. 2/10

Bloodrush - dont bother. 1/10

Gretel and hAnsel- i think i mentioned. strange evil good movie weird ending. 7/10

Underwater - bad acting on what could have been a great movie. 5/10 so predictable.

I am now.l finishing rewatching last season of Breaking Bad. I think i have watched it about 7 times the complete seasons over the years. It is still so good.

Also for the Soprano fans, I have been watching:

Talking Sopranos on youtube. Some great stories and insights with michael imperioni and ' bobby bacala' 😀 and they had guest stars like 'Meadow' and 'Jonny Sac' recently and some really funny back of scenes stories. There are a few episodes already all of them good. 8/10 highly recommended. Also there is another podcast they do on youtube called Pajama Pants that 'AJ' and Meadow do with their guest stars , a sober Drea DeMatteo was on it recently. Enlightening. also very good. 8/10. some laugh out loud moments.
16th June 2020, 03:13 AM |#7903  
Digital Domain
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbigwave

I am now.l finishing rewatching last season of Breaking Bad. I think i have watched it about 7 times the complete seasons over the years. It is still so good.

Yea, buddy!
16th June 2020, 10:40 AM |#7904  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,883

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbigwave

Contagion- good (oldish) movie. love marion cotillard always. good acting and story. 7.5/10

I knew you were a man of discerning taste! She's a wonderful actress. Love her role in Inception. Really adds some class to the film! I'd recommend trying some of her native French movies too. Some are great. One of my favourites is Love Me If You Dare. It's well worth tracking down. Dark comedy with an interesting hook.

Emily Blunt is really doing it for me at the moment too. So good in everything she does. Sicario and Edge Of Tomorrow particularly.

Looks like you've been busy. Carry on!
17th June 2020, 06:28 PM |#7905  

More
amazing movies. Thanks for the advices
20th June 2020, 09:54 PM |#7906  

More
I was never a star wars fan and i had only watched "A new hope" overrated. Then i tried watching JJ abrams the force awakens but the only star wars movie i really liked was the "The rogue one". That movie was well directed and well acted. Better than other star war movies imo.
24th June 2020, 07:22 PM |#7907  
Thanks Meter: 1,218

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisBean

Yea, buddy!

7 times the same series?
1st July 2020, 12:51 AM |#7908  
Digital Domain
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_z11

7 times the same series?

8 if they'll let me!

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

"Da Five Bloods"
Spike Lee usually puts out a good movie. These days it's very Politically Incorrect to critique anything that has to do with African Americans, but I got to tell you, I'm about halfway through this movie and I'm very disappointed.
3rd July 2020, 08:21 PM |#7909  

More
"Mrs Doubtfire" is one of the laughable moves I have watched.
PS
RIP Robin Williams
4th July 2020, 04:16 AM |#7910  
Flag Biloxi, Mississippi
Thanks Meter: 302

More
Dark is a good series. I've been watching it on Netflix. 8/10

When two children go missing in a small German town, its sinful past is exposed along with the double lives and fractured relationships that exist among four families as they search for the kids. The mystery-drama series introduces an intricate puzzle filled with twists that includes a web of curious characters, all of whom have a connection to the town's troubled history -- whether they know it or not. The story includes supernatural elements that tie back to the same town in 1986. "Dark" represents the first German original series produced for Netflix.

Thriller, Drama, Mystery, Science fiction, Supernatural
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
all work and no play makes jack a dull boy, rosebud is a sled!, say what again!

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)