Post Reply Email Thread
22nd June 2020, 02:31 PM |#15001  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 1,368

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakchhyat

So I created a account for my new phone and downloaded adaway and vanced at a heartbeat. Then I watched a couple videos and realized that no history was being recorded. Then I opened the same account on my desktop and the history was being recorded. I tried disabling adaway and watching a video and it worked but when I enabled adaway it didn't.

Thanks

Please start by reading the first post and later of this thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to marciozomb13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marciozomb13 Ad-Free
22nd June 2020, 02:46 PM |#15002  
Thanks Meter: 413

More
Does private dns have to be shutoff for adaway to function on android 10?

(Havoc GSI)
22nd June 2020, 03:15 PM |#15003  
Thanks Meter: 1,621

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoochyX

Does private dns have to be shutoff for adaway to function on android 10?

(Havoc GSI)

If using AdAway in root (hosts) mode, hosts file will block everything that was blacklisted by AdAway. Domains that are not blacklisted by AdAway will be resolved through your (private) DNS that may additionally block or redirect some of them
The Following User Says Thank You to zgfg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zgfg Ad-Free
22nd June 2020, 04:42 PM |#15004  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherindroid

Tried and failed 😟

It was due to my own mistake that I used a boot script to disable ipv6 protocol to fix connection drops. Now I execute the script after Adawy Initialisation Now webserver works fine.
Hope this info helps someone...
The Following User Says Thank You to sherindroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sherindroid Ad-Free
27th June 2020, 07:03 PM |#15005  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 144

More
4.3.5 is out: https://github.com/AdAway/AdAway/releases/tag/v4.3.5
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to BeardKing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BeardKing Ad-Free
27th June 2020, 07:32 PM |#15006  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6,349

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardKing

4.3.5 is out: https://github.com/AdAway/AdAway/releases/tag/v4.3.5

Before being asked, I plan to make the announcement post and update the OP with the next coming beta.
Didn't had time to make it yet.
The Following 47 Users Say Thank You to PerfectSlayer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PerfectSlayer Ad-Free
28th June 2020, 04:54 AM |#15007  
Thanks Meter: 999

More
Kind of a sill question here but if I'm already rooted and have installed adaway and has been working fine, do I really need to restart after applying newer host files through the app itself?
28th June 2020, 05:15 AM |#15008  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 3,258

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh McGrath

Kind of a sill question here but if I'm already rooted and have installed adaway and has been working fine, do I really need to restart after applying newer host files through the app itself?

If you have system-less host file then you will need to reboot to see the effects of the newest host file. If you are happy to wait till the next time you reboot normally ie your current filtering is adequate from the previous update, then there is no other reason.

If you are not systemless, then it will depend on your ROM. Others have had it not take effect, but I personally do not have to reboot to have a new host file take effect.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
28th June 2020, 09:20 AM |#15009  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6,349

Donate to Me
More
Hi all,

It took me some weeks to get a new working development rig and I'm finally happy with it!
So I could build and deliver not one but two new releases: a stable one and a new beta.
First, the stable release does not contains any improvement other than improving the F-Droid store page but the beta is here to brings a bunch of bug fixes! ^^'
Some really annoying (disabling a source, excluding app from VPN), some to fasten the app (skip up-to-date source) and one about negative source update time...

Otherwise, I'm still struggling about the host sources update.
When it was slower, the UI was working and responsible but users kept complaining it was slow (don't see the problem with a such background task to take its time?).
So I fasten it up and now the UI is not as smooth as the device to do work as fast as possible and can't keep up with the user interaction (so new UI bugs appear).
The beta will never be as fast as the v4 because it does not do the same thing. It takes more precautions when checking host source content and cache it for later purpose.
I will leave it aside until I found what to do with it and focus on the yearly tool and SDK migration...

Changelog 4.3.5:
  • Update F-Droid store page

Changelog 5.0.5:
  • Improve hosts source server handling with future time
  • Improve hosts update by skipping already up-to-date sources
  • Fix hosts source disable action
  • Fix hosts list apply notification from non-user changes
  • Fix user excluded application settings
  • Remove navigation bar color customization
  • Update AndroidX dependencies and NDK version

Special thanks to CobalTitan, ipdev, zgfg and sunmybun their bug reports.

Download:

AdAway 4.3.5

AdAway 5.0.5
The Following 87 Users Say Thank You to PerfectSlayer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PerfectSlayer Ad-Free
28th June 2020, 10:48 AM |#15010  
Thanks Meter: 1,621

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectSlayer

Some really annoying (disabling a source, excluding app from VPN), some to fasten the app (skip up-to-date source) and one about negative source update time...

When it was slower, the UI was working and responsible but users kept complaining it was slow (don't see the problem with a such background task to take its time?).
So I fasten it up and now the UI is not as smooth as the device to do work as fast as possible and can't keep up with the user interaction (so new UI bugs appear).
The beta will never be as fast as the v4 because it does not do the same thing. It takes more precautions when checking host source content and cache it for later purpose.
I will leave it aside until I found what to do with it and focus on the yearly tool and SDK migration...

Changelog 5.0.5:

Improve hosts source server handling with future time
Improve hosts update by skipping already up-to-date sources
Fix hosts source disable action
Fix hosts list apply notification from non-user changes
Fix user excluded application settings
Remove navigation bar color customization
Update AndroidX dependencies and NDK version

Thanks a lot

- Trying v5.0.5 VPN version and I see that it doesn't anymore parse the up-to-date hosts sources, hence updating takes substantially faster for me when using many hosts sources.
- Also, activating/deactivating some hosts source(s) is now correctly remembered.
- Similarly, it correctly remembers which apps are excluded from VPN

If it proves stable in general,, could it become a legit release candidate?
28th June 2020, 01:17 PM |#15011  
Thanks Meter: 541

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectSlayer

It should go without saying, but correctness is more important than convenience. If you've made the process as fast as possible without compromising on correctness, then you've done your job, man. Any user complaints beyond that are unreasonable. If someone wishes to improve it further, they can always open a PR.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andy356 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andy356 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)