It took me some weeks to get a new working development rig and I'm finally happy with it!
So I could build and deliver not one but two new releases: a stable one and a new beta.
First, the stable release does not contains any improvement other than improving the F-Droid store page but the beta is here to brings a bunch of bug fixes! ^^'
Some really annoying (disabling a source, excluding app from VPN), some to fasten the app (skip up-to-date source) and one about negative source update time...
Otherwise, I'm still struggling about the host sources update.
When it was slower, the UI was working and responsible but users kept complaining it was slow (don't see the problem with a such background task to take its time?).
So I fasten it up and now the UI is not as smooth as the device to do work as fast as possible and can't keep up with the user interaction (so new UI bugs appear).
The beta will never be as fast as the v4 because it does not do the same thing. It takes more precautions when checking host source content and cache it for later purpose.
I will leave it aside until I found what to do with it and focus on the yearly tool and SDK migration...
- Update F-Droid store page
- Improve hosts source server handling with future time
- Improve hosts update by skipping already up-to-date sources
- Fix hosts source disable action
- Fix hosts list apply notification from non-user changes
- Fix user excluded application settings
- Remove navigation bar color customization
- Update AndroidX dependencies and NDK version
Special thanks to CobalTitan, ipdev, zgfg and sunmybun their bug reports.