FORUMS

[Q] Help rooting non-production Tablet

8 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By p3ppino, Junior Member on 29th March 2013, 11:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a beta version Intel tablet codenamed MFLD-DV10. It is running android 4.0.3 and has very nice specs. Unfortunately due to it being a beta device there is no support on how to root/get a upgraded version of android on it. This is a fun project tablet that id like to work on to get it running super smooth. If anyone has any Knowledge on how to manually root android that would be incredibly helpful.
14th May 2013, 11:11 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
same issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3ppino

I have a beta version Intel tablet codenamed MFLD-DV10. It is running android 4.0.3 and has very nice specs. Unfortunately due to it being a beta device there is no support on how to root/get a upgraded version of android on it. This is a fun project tablet that id like to work on to get it running super smooth. If anyone has any Knowledge on how to manually root android that would be incredibly helpful.

I have the same tablet, got it from one of my friend, but it does not have play store etc, you cant do much about it, did you get through it just wanted to check and if so how please let me know
17th May 2013, 12:26 PM |#3  

More
Thumbs up amazon play store
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3ppino

as of now what i have done to make it usable is I installed amazon play store for android in it and it works like a charm. amazon android app has quite a few apps which you would need for daily use as such...
17th May 2013, 01:20 PM |#4  
Flag Saint-Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 100

Donate to Me
More
If tablet is beta.maybe it have no limititions for use recovery or adb or flash access.Try to make a zip with su binary,sing it and flash via recovery.
20th May 2013, 08:13 AM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMaCr

If tablet is beta.maybe it have no limititions for use recovery or adb or flash access.Try to make a zip with su binary,sing it and flash via recovery.

Thanks, could you please provide some starting points please, I am ready to do the experiments with this tab. i do not find the custome rom files online for this model. which file to download and how to put it in. sorry if I am sounding novice, actually I am , but trying to learn it.
29th June 2020, 06:59 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMaCr

Hi, I tried doing many things, installing TWRP, ADB flash, but there is issue.

first of all its non production version, so i want to play with it and learn. there is no name as such for this device, android version is 4.0.4
1. put in twrp app, but when try to flash it says device not rooted
2. tried rooting the bootloader, using ADB, but when in fastboot mode, it recognize the device (after i some how found drivers for this)
3. but when i run command fastboot oem unlock , it gives error Fail (unkown OEM command)
4. tried other command fastboot flash unlock but it did not work either.
5. tried KingoRoot that too did not root it, it failed
6. I have root access on adb prompt when i do , adb shell i directly get # prompt

please help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)