Thanks Meter: 6,521

Post Reply Email Thread
29th June 2020, 09:15 PM |#15021  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,285

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgfg

Are you using v5.0.5 - can you make your sceenshot and mark on the screenshot what exactly is broken

My screenshots (Dark and Light) attached, I don't see that something is missing or not functional at that screen

This is v5, whole UI was rewritten, hence if looking different than v4.3 it doesn't mean it is broken

Anyway, report the issues on GitHub, OP has mentioned that bugs should be reported there (for tracking purposes, etc)

Even though function is not impaired the overlap of the top three buttons across the black and red areas does not look good. Although that is just my opinion, it is a fact that those three buttons lack continuity with all other buttons which are on the dark background, and there seems to be no apparent reason for the difference, and there is free space to work with in the UI. Additionally the icons being half in and half out of the buttons similarly does not look great. Yes, that is also just my opinion but there is a functional aspect here because in some display settings and lighting conditions it is hard to discern the icon especially the ones that span of black and red.

To get graphic designer-y about it: There are some seemingly needless element and color transitions across boundaries of high contrast differential.

That all being said, 5.05 did improve the overall look on these pages as well as the functional issues with elements overlapping in other areas which are now fixed.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
29th June 2020, 09:55 PM |#15022  
Thanks Meter: 1,191

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

Even though function is not impaired the overlap of the top three buttons across the black and red areas does not look good. Although that is just my opinion, it is a fact that those three buttons lack continuity with all other buttons which are on the dark background, and there seems to be no apparent reason for the difference, and there is free space to work with in the UI.

Problem solved?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200630-022430.jpg
Views:	648
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	5050389  
29th June 2020, 10:25 PM |#15023  
Thanks Meter: 691

More
Thank you for giving me the best reason to root.
Donation made - Transaction ID 70179197MK850543S
The Following User Says Thank You to Tidewater For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tidewater Ad-Free
29th June 2020, 10:31 PM |#15024  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,479

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

Even though function is not impaired the overlap of the top three buttons across the black and red areas does not look good. Although that is just my opinion, it is a fact that those three buttons lack continuity with all other buttons which are on the dark background, and there seems to be no apparent reason for the difference, and there is free space to work with in the UI. Additionally the icons being half in and half out of the buttons similarly does not look great. Yes, that is also just my opinion but there is a functional aspect here because in some display settings and lighting conditions it is hard to discern the icon especially the ones that span of black and red.

To get graphic designer-y about it: There are some seemingly needless element and color transitions across boundaries of high contrast differential.

That all being said, 5.05 did improve the overall look on these pages as well as the functional issues with elements overlapping in other areas which are now fixed.

I'm with you regarding the "half in half" buttons. I have to say that I'm using the dark variant and
for me the light theme looks worse, it's more difficult to identify the functions.
On the other hand Adaway is an app where you don't spend to much time, set your options and that's it.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolfcity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wolfcity Ad-Free
30th June 2020, 12:17 AM |#15025  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knpk13

Problem solved?

I cannot tell weather or not you are joking but that does not address either of the 2 specific concerns I mentioned and it also leaves all buttons floating in a common background which might be even worse than before. I was thinking of something like this sloppy mock-up but also with the icons within each button.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AdawayMainPage2.png
Views:	626
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	5050429

Disclaimer: Since this is not glaring a functional limitation I don"t consider it a "problem" but I do think that some changes would benefit the app.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
30th June 2020, 02:51 AM |#15026  
Flag Sorsogon City
Thanks Meter: 464

More
Yeah, the half in, half out icons don't look natural imho. I reported this as a bug on Github back then but didn't realize it was by design.
The Following User Says Thank You to djdelarosa25 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdelarosa25 Ad-Free
30th June 2020, 04:05 AM |#15027  
Flag Ao Nang, Krabi
Thanks Meter: 473

More
If the biggest problem people are complaining about for the last 2 days is that the buttons does not look how your like them to look, then congrats to the developer. You did an awesome job!

To everybody moaning, maybe you should be thankful for what you get all for free.
Giving opinion and advice is great, but make sure it reads as such.
A single picture about an undefined issue and the whole discussion after that does not feel like constructive feedback.

And for those who actually follow this thread, constructive feedback about the UI had been given before.
Obvious the dev choose to work on functionality first.
If and what he will do with the UI after that is completely up to him.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JudgeDread11 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JudgeDread11 Ad-Free
30th June 2020, 07:15 AM |#15028  
Flag Sorsogon City
Thanks Meter: 464

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeDread11

If the biggest problem people are complaining about for the last 2 days is that the buttons does not look how your like them to look, then congrats to the developer. You did an awesome job!

To everybody moaning, maybe you should be thankful for what you get all for free.
A single picture about an undefined issue and the whole discussion after that does not feel like constructive feedback.

And for those who actually follow this thread, constructive feedback about the UI had been given before.

I don't recall anyone being unreasonable. From what I've read, everyone seems to be constructive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to djdelarosa25 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdelarosa25 Ad-Free
30th June 2020, 08:19 AM |#15029  
Thanks Meter: 418

More
Hey guys I got 2 questions what is the adaway websever I see in 5.0.5 it's enabled by default and what's the option of apply redirected hosts by source (security risk) are these 2 options useful

(Havoc GSI)
30th June 2020, 09:57 AM |#15030  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:

If something does not look good to some people they need not follow your sycophantic lead and just say it's great even if they don't think so. Feedback was provided in a thoughtful and respectful way. Also, although my detailed description and mock-up were provided too late in the game to be useful in this wave of development (even if they were agreeable to PerfectSlayer) they were presented in a reasonable and cogent manner.
Quote:

Now you are simply misrepresenting the feedback that others provided which was clearly more than just a single picture of an undefined issue. Opinions from multiple people with mocked-up screen shots and clear descriptions of the reasons for the opinion as well as suggestions for a modification is constructive whether or not you or the developer agree with the ideas or not. Let's not forget that at one point the inability of people to complete the donation process was impeded by the UI overlap.

[EDIT This too: There are actually common reasons to have some UI elements span buttons and backgrounds in some situations (counter to what I prefer) especially when reconciling light and dark themes, but I hear no logical argument or even mention of those things, just gripes about the input that was provided.]

Quote:

And for those who actually follow this thread,

You might want to brush up on your history before casting such bogus condescension.
Quote:

...and PefectSayer is free to speak to that if they choose to do so (and if they don't speak to it that's OK too). So are you in fact, but please drop the pretenses and stop trying to invalidate the viable feedback of others by saying it was poorly delivered just because you disagree with it. You did not speak to the ideas, you merely complained about people providing them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
30th June 2020, 10:08 AM |#15031  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdelarosa25

I don't recall anyone being unreasonable. From what I've read, everyone seems to be constructive ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is true.

---------------------------------
@PerfectSlayer, If you've got reasons for the current layout and feel that it is immutable that is certainly your choice and is fair enough. Please don't take this feedback about the UI as some kind of complaint or attack on you or as a lack of appreciation of your efforts. The fact that JudgeDread11 chooses to see viable feedback of others as a lack of appreciation for you is unfortunate, and you are not being helped their falsely describing the feedback of others and attempting to squelch reasonable input. If you do reject the suggestions I hope that is because you reviewed them rather than a mis-description of them. As I said in an earlier post which got lost in the flow; even though I think there is room for improvement 5.0.5 was a nice jump forward. Thank you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ad block, adaway, adblock, adblocker, source

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)