FORUMS

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,698 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,346

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th June 2020, 07:33 PM |#33171  
Flag Los Angeles area
Thanks Meter: 52

More
I'm not seeing Amazon Drive in my settings' list of cloud storage options, yet I see from searching that others are using MiXplorer with AD. How do I add it?

Version: 6.46.3-Silver B20060922
29th June 2020, 11:47 PM |#33172  
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StElsewhere

I'm not seeing Amazon Drive in my settings' list of cloud storage options, yet I see from searching that others are using MiXplorer with AD. How do I add it?

Wait for update.
30th June 2020, 12:36 PM |#33173  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Hi,

I just updated to 6.47.2-Silver (B20062832) from the Play Store on my Pixel 3 running Android 11, and connecting to a Webdav server is now failing. Android beta version is RPB1.200504.020.

Relevant log entries (the Webdav server is running on my iPad at 192.168.43.171):
Code:
D/BaseHttp>  Operation started >> 1801116472
D/RestUtil>  --> PROPFIND http://192.168.43.171/ http/1.1
D/RestUtil>  Content-Type: text/xml; charset=UTF-8
D/RestUtil>  Content-Length: 91
D/RestUtil>  Depth: 1
D/RestUtil>  User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 9; moto g(7) play) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/73.0.3683.90 Mobile Safari/537.36
D/RestUtil>  Connection: keep-alive
D/RestUtil>  --> END PROPFIND
D/RestUtil>  <-- HTTP FAILED: java.net.UnknownServiceException: CLEARTEXT communication to 192.168.43.171 not permitted by network security policy
E/BaseHttp>  java.net.UnknownServiceException: CLEARTEXT communication to 192.168.43.171 not permitted by network security policy
E/BROWSE_TASK>  java.io.IOException: Спробуйте ще раз.
Also, now when I start MiXplorer or open up settings, I see a screen to allow Files access - but MiXplorer already has access, and I can't toggle access:

If I go into the Permissions screen for the app, then this is what I see:

Access to files is working fine, so I guess this has to do with changes in Android 11?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DMechnikov For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DMechnikov Ad-Free
30th June 2020, 04:43 PM |#33174  
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Wouldn't it be great, if user could lock the particular folders.
30th June 2020, 09:49 PM |#33175  
Flag Los Angeles area
Thanks Meter: 52

More
I'm unable to set two tabs to the same network startup location. When I 'save tabs now,' it indicates they've been saved, but upon reopening MiX, one of them is gone.

I've worked around it by changing the saved location of one tab to a subdirectory on that computer, rather than its [preferred] root.

How can I save two tabs with the same startup location?

The Following User Says Thank You to StElsewhere For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift StElsewhere Ad-Free
30th June 2020, 11:38 PM |#33176  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,153

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StElsewhere

I'm unable to set two tabs to the same network startup location. When I 'save tabs now,' it indicates they've been saved, but upon reopening MiX, one of them is gone.

I've worked around it by changing the saved location of one tab to a subdirectory on that computer, rather than its [preferred] root.

How can I save two tabs with the same startup location?

Good question. Thinking that anything with the exact same path might (or might not) cause issues perhaps in relation to MiX remembering sort orders and display views per-directory I tricked MiX into doing this with its use of the @n+1 prefix for duplicate server IP addresses in bookmarks. Note: I'm testing from the latest 6.47 XDA version.

- First bookmark and saved tab is created via an existing SMB bookmark to the server, eg smb://192.168.1.100 > then navigating the tree to the desired folder > then creating a bookmark and a tab for it.

- For second tab: In a new tab, create new bookmark to same server (same IP) which should use the prefix like so smb://[email protected] > then navigate to the desired folder > then create another bookmark and tab.

- In my test, when the 2 tabs were created in the aforementioned manner. MiX properly remembers "save >now" and displays both upon app start.

That's convoluted and navigating up one after connection is easier but...

...although this may be a niche request I think there is a solution to it in common with other bookmark desires so perhaps this becomes a feature request: Can we have the ability to duplicate a bookmark and change parameters, including path and username/password. There might be good reasons for not allowing that but it would be nice if possible. If that cannot be allowed then perhaps just allowing the duplicate tabs as long as there is no downside to that.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
1st July 2020, 05:13 AM |#33177  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Subtitle problem in HW
I have Vivo v11 running android 9 and mixplorer version 6.47.2.

1) I have a video with subtitle which works fine in SW but in HW It just says no subtitles. (subtitles even work on vlc)
I want to use HW as it is fast and less resources user.
Please help.

2) Even it will be lot of help if you would add an option to add external subtitles.

3) How to rename multiple video files using metadata to rename the file to its title in metadata.

4) When i copy/move a file from internal storage to otg device (pendrive) it says operation failed no file copied how to fix it.
1st July 2020, 05:41 AM |#33178  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Hi! Changelog of v6.47.2_B20062830 says "Rename the addons extension from 'apk' to 'mia' and tap on it, then Import. You don't need to install the addons anymore".

- Does it mean that we are able to uninstall each add-on installed because they will be "integrated" into MiXplorer by doing this? (By "this", I mean copying each add-on apk file to any folder, renaming its extension name to "mia", taping on it and choosing import, right?)
- I have followed those steps with the image add-on and MiXplorer's size has increased. Would that mean it is truly integrated and I can uninstall it?
- If so, how will add-ons be updated? Will they be updated with MiXplorer updates?
- Can the process be reverted?

Thanks in advance!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nirnic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nirnic Ad-Free
1st July 2020, 06:31 AM |#33179  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Wondering if I can get some help with this. I created a transparent .preview.png file and placed in a folder. But it shows up as a little darkened thumbnail icon. I'm using Mixplorer v6.47.2. I'd appreciate any help.

The Following User Says Thank You to swordzmega For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift swordzmega Ad-Free
1st July 2020, 06:43 AM |#33180  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,153

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirnic

Hi! Changelog of v6.47.2_B20062830 says "Rename the addons extension from 'apk' to 'mia' and tap on it, then Import. You don't need to install the addons anymore".

- Does it mean that we are able to uninstall each add-on installed because they will be "integrated" into MiXplorer by doing this? (By "this", I mean copying each add-on apk file to any folder, renaming its extension name to "mia", taping on it and choosing import, right?)
- I have followed those steps with the image add-on and MiXplorer's size has increased. Would that mean it is truly integrated and I can uninstall it?
- If so, how will add-ons be updated? Will they be updated with MiXplorer updates?
- Can the process be reverted?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for re-posting here and for spurring an exploration some results of which are in a few FAQ posts with your original question. This might be a FAQ MiX Nugget in the making. I'll keep an eye out for corrections.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1187
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1188
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1190

One thing to add to what is described there: As to updates, during my test the Add-ons were updatable through XDA labs Android app, and to your question I see no reason that the distribution of add-on updates through the MiX's built in updater would not continue.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
1st July 2020, 07:08 AM |#33181  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

Thanks for re-posting here and for spurring an exploration some results of which are a few FAQ posts with your original question.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1187
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1188
https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1190

One thing to add to what is described there: As to updates, during my test the Add-ons were updatable through XDA labs Android app, and to your question I see no reason that the distribution of add-on updates through the MiX's built in updater would not continue.

Thanks for your tests and time!

Answering my own questions, in order to save time everyone, I think we could say:
- Following steps mentioned above, you will install add-ons as supplemental part of MiXplorer and, as a consequence, its size will be increased.
- If you have add-ons installed as separate apps, you can uninstalling them once you "added them" to MiXplorer as supplemental parts.
- If you wish to remove those add-ons that are now extra parts of MiXplorer, go to settings > Add-Ons > tap "x" next to each add-on you want to remove. Consequently, MiXplorer's size will decrease.
- Theoretically, add-ons as part of MiXplorer will be able to be updated via XDA Labs as well as MiXplorer's built in updater.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nirnic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nirnic Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)