FORUMS

The Galaxy Tab 2 Help Thread [Ask Any Question!]

1,776 posts
Thanks Meter: 437
 
By InfinityFTW, Senior Member on 7th February 2013, 04:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th June 2020, 10:04 PM |#2721  
Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissens

Hello everybody,
I've been using XDA as a source of invaluable information for years. I've done lots of stuff with the help of this forum, for which I'm grateful. Now it's time for me to ask a question or two.

Are you trying to recover what's on it or starting from scratch? I imagine first step is downloading TWRP and having Odin install it. I have this tablet and recently installed LineageOS MicroG and I feel it is much better without the heavy Gapps installed. Just my opinion, has been working great so far.
18th June 2020, 08:47 PM |#2722  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoph8n24

Are you trying to recover what's on it or starting from scratch? I imagine first step is downloading TWRP and having Odin install it. I have this tablet and recently installed LineageOS MicroG and I feel it is much better without the heavy Gapps installed. Just my opinion, has been working great so far.

I can start from scratch, I don't care what's on it (I mean user data, since it's not mine anyway)
Though what I saw is that Odin doesn't get past "connection setup" stage. I tried several versions and ROMs, I don't have other PC to try.
Samsung drivers are the latest, and I'm sure. Didn't install Kies since this is my only Samsung so far, and I didn't see the need.

I have a feeling I could make a raw .img transfer using ADB under Linux, but as I said, I'm no expert on Samsung devices and I don't know which partition to use. I attached the PIT drop earlier, maybe you have a clue (or perhaps a link to working image? LineageOS seems nice)
22nd June 2020, 08:00 PM |#2723  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Anybody can elaborate? I fully understand that Galaxy Tab 2 is near abandonware today, but maybe a hint?...
22nd June 2020, 08:04 PM |#2724  
Android-Andi's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 29,266
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nissens

Anybody can elaborate? I fully understand that Galaxy Tab 2 is near abandonware today, but maybe a hint?...

Working on new 7.1 builds.
Keyboard dock should work hopefully and finally thanks to @html6405

Slim7 is compiling right now, other 7.1 ROMs will follow.


Some days ago I've already uploaded an /e/ build and also triggered new Unlegacy-Android builds.


Edit:
But yeah, private life and interests changed. Also I am missing time to work on Android like I did before.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android-Andi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Android-Andi Ad-Free
1st July 2020, 09:46 PM |#2725  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Android-Andi

Working on new 7.1 builds.
Keyboard dock should work hopefully and finally thanks to @html6405

Slim7 is compiling right now, other 7.1 ROMs will follow.


Some days ago I've already uploaded an /e/ build and also triggered new Unlegacy-Android builds.


Edit:
But yeah, private life and interests changed. Also I am missing time to work on Android like I did before.

OK, problem solved, partially thanks to you
It was enough to change recovery to TWRP and then install ROM of my choice. Your site helped a lot!
I didn't expect that the recovery was the actual problem, it seemed to work. Well... not that I didn't think of it, but it was kind of last possible option.
So - problem solved. As for now I went for LineageOS 13, maybe I will update it some time later. This isn't going to be my basic work tool, rather a PDF reader and music player, so I can wait a moment.
2nd July 2020, 07:39 AM |#2726  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Monument Valley not displaying correctly
I recently installed Monument Valley on my old Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

The game launches but the graphics are not displaying correctly. The game graphics are predominately pink and black.
monument valley display issue on galaxy tab 2
I don't have this issue with other installed apps/games.

Posting this here in case the problem is android os related.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Device Name / Model Number = GT-P5110
Android Version = 4.2.2
Kernel Version = 3.031-1238973
Build Number = JDQ39.P5110XXDMH2
Monument Valley Game Version = 2.7.17

David
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes