FORUMS

[TOOL] Tickle My Android - Decompile & Recompile With Ease

6,739 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,607

By Ticklefish, Recognized Themer on 3rd May 2012, 04:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Ticklefish: Version 16.5 Available Now. Link In The 1st Post.
13th May 2020, 02:17 AM |#7961  
Recognized Themer
Flag Tampa, Florida
Thanks Meter: 3,325

Donate to Me
More
See that you're still kicking ass and taking names, Ticklefish. I'm still using your groovy product, even though anymore it's mainly used for building Substratum apps and some third party apps. I, however, do miss having a custom recovery and having complete control over my phone but I guess Sprint and Samsung have different ideas anymore. Anyhow, just wanted to pop in and say hi and thanks for your hard work.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to porkyhontas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift porkyhontas Ad-Free
4th June 2020, 12:32 PM |#7962  
Aaaaaaand I'm back! I don't have internet access at home right now and I've only just come back to work. It's been a bit strange being back..I had to remember what it actually is I do for a living!

But I'm covid-19 free, the sun is shining, my coffee is hot and it's time to see what the wonderful people who use TMA have said while I've been gone..

(Everyone who uses TMA is one of the wonderful people because you guys are the best!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintm78

I concur. The only phone I have any experience with is Samsung and I also have to drag and drop every time. Its really strange.

Edited to add an important detail.
@Ticklefish
I think Professor Ticklefish has a nice ring to it.

I also think Professor Ticklefish sounds nice. Sadly none of the big universities agree with me. They keep saying stuff like "We don't accept bribes, stop bothering us!". But I'm sure I'll get there eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog$kyWater

Thanks again for this, it's useful asf

And thanks for your thanks! It really does mean a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanMirza01

@Ticklefish bro, i used this tool, make my edits and repacked.. flash zip and working fine, but when i flash the same zip right after fresh rom flash, you can say when i integrate this systemui in stock rom zip, and flash that zip, navbar and statusbar vanished, no mattar what i do, they never came back, when i flash stock systemui, they appear.....

But, when i use stock rom on fresh install, after some boots or sometime, i flash modified systemui, it start working again and normally...

Is this signatures issue ?? or dalvic issue ?? whats stopping modified apk to work from fresh rom install ??

Regards

I've got to be honest - I don't actually know. I've heard people mention this sort of thing occasionally over the years in this tool's thread and others but I don't think anybody ever came up with a solution. Developers have used TMA to made APK's in their roms without any trouble. So...I don't know. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Jaco69]

Hey @Ticklefish, I provide you an Italian translation of your great app.
Keep up your great work.

Hey, that's fantastic! Thank you so much for your hard work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsadiver

First, unzip the original SystemUI.apk and the modified SystemUI. Copy the part that you modified from modified SystemUI into the original SystemUI. Zip it back up. Place that into a module like one attached. Flash in magisk manager. I can't promise you this will work but this is what I'd do. A custom rom can't always be modified.

Interesting. I don't have a live 10 rom to play with (in fact I don't have a smartphone at all right now...horrifying!). Do you actually need to copy the modified items into the original APK? The modified APK doesn't work, even with the same signatures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdvdvd

**It's TMA's Birthday!!**

Another great year with TMA. Thank you for this great tool which brings so much joy to our little Android community. Thank you for your great work and doing this for so many years Ticklefish.
I hope you will continue with this for a Long time.

Thank you for your kind words! I have to admit that there are times when I have doubts about keeping this going. But it's knowing that people still appreciate and, more importantly, actually use my work that makes all the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androidloveRs3104

hey guys. long time i havent use this tool. i remember i used this with unrooted device samsung s7 edge. but i see now its a requirment. just wanna clarify unrooted device wont work anymore like pulling apk or installing recompiled files? thanks in advance.

You need to be rooted to be able to make any changes to the files in your phone's 'root' folders. These are the ones that control your phone's appearance, functionality, ETC. You don't actually to be rooted if you'd modifying an APK downloaded from Google Play or installed directly by yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkyhontas

See that you're still kicking ass and taking names, Ticklefish. I'm still using your groovy product, even though anymore it's mainly used for building Substratum apps and some third party apps. I, however, do miss having a custom recovery and having complete control over my phone but I guess Sprint and Samsung have different ideas anymore. Anyhow, just wanted to pop in and say hi and thanks for your hard work.

It's getting harder to have as much freedom to modify your phone as we used to, it's true. Samsung have always been a bit of a pain as they don't like Google very much and like people modding their stuff even less.
Google themselves have taken some of the fun out of modding. Most of the XML mods I always did on my phone aren't needed anymore. I once spent many long days working out how to put a brightness bar in the notifications screen (many thanks to the genius that is @serajr), only for it to be a standard feature on the next version of Android.
And then there's battery icons. I came to xda originally to find out how to change my battery icon. In fact that was the main feature of Tickle My Android. You still can change your battery icon..but it's a lot of work and there's no point anymore.

Oh well. Guess I've been doing this long enough to be nostalgic about it. Still...at least I didn't get an iPhone. The lack of customisation on that would have driven me crazy!!

Thank you very much for your support, it means the world.

That's it, I'm up to date I think. Thank you to everyone for using the Greatest Theming Tool Ever Made. I hope you're all safe and healthy. I try to stay out of politics but my thoughts go out to everyone affected by the situation in America right now.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
13th June 2020, 09:18 PM |#7963  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:

It's getting harder to have as much freedom to modify your phone as we used to, it's true. Samsung have always been a bit of a pain as they don't like Google very much and like people modding their stuff even less.
Google themselves have taken some of the fun out of modding.

Sadly this is true. I am starting to moddify a Samsung A40 on Android 10 and it beginns tight after the Bootloader unlock, this aggressive bootlogo warning Pictures are terrible. Had to unpack the param.bin, moddify the Images and Flash through Odin. Flashing zips in twrp is not working as it is used to be, you have to modify the updater-script to make it work. To decompile apps like systemui you have to prepare them and use winrar to push the modified stuff to your prepared template. A lot of easy stuff is now complicated, i wonder how Long i can continue doing this.
The Following User Says Thank You to vdvdvd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vdvdvd Ad-Free
25th June 2020, 12:20 PM |#7964  
Flag Kedah
Thanks Meter: 4

More
This tool support on Android 10 or not?
25th June 2020, 07:18 PM |#7965  
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdvdvd

Sadly this is true. I am starting to moddify a Samsung A40 on Android 10 and it beginns tight after the Bootloader unlock, this aggressive bootlogo warning Pictures are terrible. Had to unpack the param.bin, moddify the Images and Flash through Odin. Flashing zips in twrp is not working as it is used to be, you have to modify the updater-script to make it work. To decompile apps like systemui you have to prepare them and use winrar to push the modified stuff to your prepared template. A lot of easy stuff is now complicated, i wonder how Long i can continue doing this.

Ha! That's so true. Still..we're just masochistic enough to enjoy the challenge..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Hatmi bin Saidin

This tool support on Android 10 or not?

Yes, it does! TMA works with every version of Android except 11...and that's only a matter of time!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
2nd July 2020, 12:16 PM |#7966  
TMA v17 COMING SOON

I've had a few ideas about an update to this tool which I'll be working on. I'm not the fastest coder in the world and I don't get a lot of free time to do it but I'm hoping to release v17 this month.
With that in mind..is there anything you fine people would like me to add/remove/change to the program? It's made for you, after all..
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
4th July 2020, 04:33 PM |#7967  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 5,419

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklefish

TMA v17 COMING SOON

I've had a few ideas about an update to this tool which I'll be working on. I'm not the fastest coder in the world and I don't get a lot of free time to do it but I'm hoping to release v17 this month.
With that in mind..is there anything you fine people would like me to add/remove/change to the program? It's made for you, after all..

Hey, ticklefish! I wouldn't want you to make any changes because of me. I'm an odd duck (and a old one). I still use one of your classic 15 series for most everything. The one before you offered mouse control I believe. I love having options there in case I come across something weird but I like a basic capability of being able to just recompile without going through several options first. The only one I have to decline on the version I use is "adding to a zip file". Maybe your later versions already have a "basic" option but all of your versions work super, even on Android 11, as long as a person keeps the Apktool and baksmali/smali jar files updated. Ticklemyandroid is still the best tool out there. Thanks for all your hard work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tulsadiver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tulsadiver Ad-Free
6th July 2020, 10:32 AM |#7968  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulsadiver

Hey, ticklefish! I wouldn't want you to make any changes because of me. I'm an odd duck (and a old one). I still use one of your classic 15 series for most everything. The one before you offered mouse control I believe. I love having options there in case I come across something weird but I like a basic capability of being able to just recompile without going through several options first. The only one I have to decline on the version I use is "adding to a zip file". Maybe your later versions already have a "basic" option but all of your versions work super, even on Android 11, as long as a person keeps the Apktool and baksmali/smali jar files updated. Ticklemyandroid is still the best tool out there. Thanks for all your hard work.

Hmm...when did I add mouse control? I remember spending a lot of time working out how it would work and even longer going through the code to implement it. I feel like it must have been before v15. I'll have to see if I still have the older versions somewhere.

I'll be honest - I never liked the basic menu. It always seemed like people were using that and ignoring the more advanced options available. It's a strange thing for me to complain about, especially since I'm always saying I make this for the users, but that's one of the reasons I eventually got rid of it. It's an ego problem..
Version 16 was a complete rewrite and redesign from the bottom up and it might be worth checking out to see if it works for you. I've streamlined the interface to try to make using the tool as quick and as easy as possible.

My plans for v17 include something that you might find useful. I'm not saying anything more now. Partially because I like to give people a surprise, partially because I'm not sure it'll work anyway!

And thanks for your kind words, and for having a banner in your signature. It's people like you that keep me going!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ticklefish For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ticklefish Ad-Free
6th July 2020, 01:35 PM |#7969  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 5,419

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hmm...when did I add mouse control? I remember spending a lot of time working out how it would work and even longer going through the code to implement it. I feel like it must have been before v15. I'll have to see if I still have the older versions somewhere.

I'll be honest - I never liked the basic menu. It always seemed like people were using that and ignoring the more advanced options available. It's a strange thing for me to complain about, especially since I'm always saying I make this for the users, but that's one of the reasons I eventually got rid of it. It's an ego problem..
Version 16 was a complete rewrite and redesign from the bottom up and it might be worth checking out to see if it works for you. I've streamlined the interface to try to make using the tool as quick and as easy as possible.

My plans for v17 include something that you might find useful. I'm not saying anything more now. Partially because I like to give people a surprise, partially because I'm not sure it'll work anyway!

And thanks for your kind words, and for having a banner in your signature. It's people like you that keep me going!

16.5 is very good. I've been using it some also.

You might consider an "about" option. It could identify the version of ticklemyandroid being run and also tell people a little bit about the creator. Maybe a few links to some of your work. At least "XML 101-XML Modding Made Easy". So very helpful for people starting out. I give people that link every time I'm asked about how to get started on modding (and also a link to ticklemyandroid, of course).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tulsadiver For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tulsadiver Ad-Free
18th July 2020, 01:44 AM |#7970  
Recognized Themer
Flag Tampa, Florida
Thanks Meter: 3,325

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Man, you added mouse control forever ago it feels like. Four years ago maybe.

Sent from my [device_name] using XDA-Developers Legacy app
The Following User Says Thank You to porkyhontas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift porkyhontas Ad-Free
19th July 2020, 06:39 PM |#7971  
Flag Limoges
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:

TMA v17 COMING SOON

Really cool

Thanks to you ticklefish for this tools, works and your times.

@Tasneem khan

have triyng to modified cusom rom havoc ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Bradco For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bradco Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apktool, decompile, recompile, smali, xml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)