FORUMS

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,736 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,559

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th July 2020, 09:16 AM |#33251  
日本
Thanks Meter: 4,796

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jututt

@HootanParsa would you consider adding pinch-to-zoom to text editor as HTML Viewer?

Maybe the idea mentioned a while ago to add a rich text editor and let the text editor be, should be considered, because requests like yours keep adding up. The most recent one was to add working links. And neither will be the last for sure. I'm surprised adding embedded images has not been requested yet, seriously -- some are using the view mode ( already an extra in a text only editor ) as an e-reader of sorts.

A "text editor" really should be a text editor, no formatting, media / visual features, hypertext, etc. Or maybe add all these features and future ones to the heavier "code editor" already present ? Or at least stop calling it text editor ! ^_^ ( Don't kill me. )

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ultramanoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ultramanoid Ad-Free
7th July 2020, 03:31 PM |#33252  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
First of all I want to say thanks for the great app, I use it all the time and it's the best File Explorer on Android by far. I have a suggestion for the SMB plugin though:

Windows 10 has a Administrative Network Share for each partition set by default that it needs for Remote Windows Sessions. These shares are denoted as C$, D$ etc. depending on how many partitions you have. They are inaccessible by normal means as it should be and normally also hidden, however MiX with the SMB plugin shows them along with regular Samba shares if accessing a Windows 10 PC.

Could MiX maybe get an option to hide these shares to reduce clutter?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SkyDX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SkyDX Ad-Free
7th July 2020, 04:39 PM |#33253  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,459

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramanoid

Maybe the idea mentioned a while ago to add a rich text editor and let the text editor be, should be considered, because requests like yours keep adding up. The most recent one was to add working links. And neither will be the last for sure. I'm surprised adding embedded images has not been requested yet, seriously -- some are using the view mode ( already an extra in a text only editor ) as an e-reader of sorts.

A "text editor" really should be a text editor, no formatting, media / visual features, hypertext, etc. Or maybe add all these features and future ones to the heavier "code editor" already present ? Or at least stop calling it text editor ! ^_^ ( Don't kill me. )

+1

I use MiX text editor the same way I use notepad on Windows (and to lesser extent gedit on Linux) - specifically to reduce things to unformatted text. I'm surprised that has not been mentioned before but perhaps I missed it or it's not a common usage case. A hyperlink might not be very intrusive to that usage case but to your point that is one of many requests. Shifting those functions to the code editor (as long as they don't have deleterious impact there) or a third new entity would allow txt to be text, and allow such requests to be explored and implemented more freely (albeit with more work for HP).
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
7th July 2020, 06:21 PM |#33254  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jututt

@HootanParsa would you consider adding pinch-to-zoom to text editor as HTML Viewer?

I thought this was a request to implement zoom of display in text editor. I thought "as HTML Viewer" meant "as is currently available in HTML Viewer".
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to J.Michael For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift J.Michael Ad-Free
8th July 2020, 02:44 AM |#33255  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Can't connect to one of my Windows SMB computers as of last updates
Weird. Anyone know what might be going wrong here? It was working prior to the recent mixplorer and smb updates -- though I can't be sure that they caused it. It may well be something that changed on my end.

However, with mixplorer fairly recently I had to switch from using the IP address in the URI address (which no longer worked) to the names of the computers in the network (here NICK-LAPTOP). That worked until recently. The SMB with the IP address in the URI says "refused" immediately and the SMB with NICK-LAPTOP just times out.

Quote:

D/BR_REC> Received intent: Intent { act=android.intent.action.PACKAGE_REMOVED dat=package:com.mixplorer.addon.smb flg=0x4000010 cmp=com.mixplorer/.BroadcastReceiver launchParam=MultiScreenLaunchParams { mDisplayId=0 mFlags=0 } bqHint=1 (has extras) } with action 'android.intent.action.PACKAGE_REMOVED'
I/SMBExplorer> SMB2
D/HUB> ITEM >> smb://Nick-LAPTOP
I/SMBExplorer> IP: 192.168.137.1:445, hostname: NICK-LAPTOP
D/BR_REC> Received intent: Intent { act=android.intent.action.PACKAGE_ADDED dat=package:com.mixplorer.addon.smb flg=0x4000010 cmp=com.mixplorer/.BroadcastReceiver launchParam=MultiScreenLaunchParams { mDisplayId=0 mFlags=0 } bqHint=1 (has extras) } with action 'android.intent.action.PACKAGE_ADDED'
E/BR_REC> Package installed > package:com.mixplorer.addon.smb
I/MiX> SMB2 v1.19 B2006281
I/SMBExplorer> SMB2
D/ScannerDialog> Stopped.
I/SMBExplorer> SMB2
I/SMBExplorer> SMB2
I/SMBExplorer> IP: 192.168.1.28:445, hostname: NICK-LAPTOP
E/SMBExplorer> AUTH Connection refused
E/BROWSE_TASK> java.lang.Exception: Connection refused
D/HUB> ITEM >> smb://192.168.1.28
E/BROWSE_TASK> java.lang.Exception: Connection refused
E/SMBExplorer> AUTH Connection timed out
E/BROWSE_TASK> java.lang.Exception: Connection timed out
D/HUB> ITEM >> smb://Nick-LAPTOP
I/SMBExplorer> IP: 192.168.137.1:445, hostname: NICK-LAPTOP
D/XMLParser>

8th July 2020, 03:03 AM |#33256  
Flag Biratnagar
Thanks Meter: 58

More
@HootanParsa Its been more than 10 days but the separate version for different architect can't be seen anywhere for the newly updated mix image add-on, neither it has been updated on the play store.
Is there any plan on updating the image exif editor where info is not being displayed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-07-08-07-47-58-025_com.mixplorer.beta.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	250.3 KB
ID:	5056405  
8th July 2020, 04:02 AM |#33257  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,459

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDX

First of all I want to say thanks for the great app, I use it all the time and it's the best File Explorer on Android by far. I have a suggestion for the SMB plugin though:

Windows 10 has a Administrative Network Share for each partition set by default that it needs for Remote Windows Sessions. These shares are denoted as C$, D$ etc. depending on how many partitions you have. They are inaccessible by normal means as it should be and normally also hidden, however MiX with the SMB plugin shows them along with regular Samba shares if accessing a Windows 10 PC.

Could MiX maybe get an option to hide these shares to reduce clutter?

Although I like seeing admin shares (especially with multiple computers or those having different drives attached at different times) because they serve as a reminder of which computer I'm accessing and what state it's in, it would be nice to have this option. I think this has come up before which makes me wonder if it is indeed possible.

Meanwhile, there are a couple of ways to mitigate it but they do require extra steps or changes to usage patterns.

- MiXplorer's "Hide/Show hidden" toggle respects the admin share syntax as a hidden type without having to be manually flagged as hidden in MiX (which is not allowable anyhow). This would also hide other items intended to be hidden (such as ".filename") but... With the "Show hidden globally" checkbox at the top of the MiXplorer menu where it is fairly easy to access you could toggle the display of hidden items on and off fairly easily.

- You can make separate shortcuts to each of the shares but that's not a good replacement for seeing a nice top down view of all your actual shares and climbing the tree from there.

+1 to a separate show/hide Windows admin shares toggle unless people think that would open a pandora's box of too many granular settings.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
8th July 2020, 05:42 AM |#33258  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Michael

I thought this was a request to implement zoom of display in text editor. I thought "as HTML Viewer" meant "as is currently available in HTML Viewer".

This
8th July 2020, 10:08 AM |#33259  
Flag Palembang
Thanks Meter: 45

Donate to Me
More
Latest MiXplorer. Android 5.1 Lollipop OPPO A39

Undo in text editor is buggy. This issue already exist some months ago when i start using MiXplorer with older version but I'm just lazy to bring up this issue. Here is attached video in zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip Recorder_20200708155550.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.78 MB, 6 views)
8th July 2020, 10:41 AM |#33260  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I have installed the latest on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Android 10 device and give root access permission. but I was confused when I restarted my device, I could not enter the system, but always entered into fastbooot mode. until I have to wipe data. After knowing it turns out the cause is Mixplorer. is there a solution to overcome this problem?
8th July 2020, 11:33 AM |#33261  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
new add-on importing
Hi, personally a new line about add-ons importing instead of installing (renaming apk to mia) is a little confusing. The complete text is Rename the addons extension from 'apk' to 'mia' and tap on it, then Import. You don't need to install the addons anymore. Does it mean that after importing they will be updated automatically? Does a fresh copy of Mixplorer still need installing them first? Are they (importing, installing) the same action behind the scenes? I tried to site-bound googling with "mia" word here and at FAQ, no results, so I posted it here. Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Exameden For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Exameden Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)