[FIX] Razer Phone 2 Viewfinder and EIS Fix Magisk Modules

Search This thread

Usyless

Oct 6, 2019
Razer Phone 2
OPPO Find X2 Pro
Note:
- I am not responsible for anything that goes wrong with your device, bootloops, bricks, paperweights etc... Nothing should go wrong but hey i need to include this. If you need any help i will try my best to help you to fix it if you comment.

(Downloads at the bottom of this post in the attached files)

Should work with every Razer Phone 2

Installation:
  1. Open Magisk Manager and head to the Modules page
  2. Click on the plus(+) and select the file you want to install
  3. To install more than one file, after one module has installed go back and redo the same process with the other file you downloaded

The Viewfinder Fix: Download Link If XDA Is Broken
It will replace your tuned camera file with the file that razer used in android OREO as that one has no issues with the viewfinder
Issues: None that i know of so far, if you notice anything you can mention it in the comments but it is likely i cannot fix it​

The EIS Fix: Download Link If XDA Is Broken
EIS (Electronic Image Stabilisation) helps your videos look more stable, by default this is only available at 30fps and only in some apps. However, with this fix EIS will be enabled in any app that asks for it and it will work at 1080p 60fps.
Make sure to not use the stock camera app with this but instead a gcam with 60fps support for this phone (like BSGs)
Issues: It will break 4k 60fps recording, it just won't work. Also it will break 1080p 60fps recording on the front camera.​

And finally, yes of course these modules work together

Also if you need anything else or want to join the Razer Phone community join our group on Telegram!

Last edited:

Usyless

Oct 6, 2019
Razer Phone 2
OPPO Find X2 Pro
Why is this needed? Can you provide any context? Are these features broken on stock, or just in Gcam?
on stock the camera viewfinder is blurry and colours smudge, making 3rd party apps like Instagram very bad with recording videos and not being able to see well on on what you're taking a picture of.

This issue came around with the pie update for razer phone 2 so I managed to fix the viewfinder issue by using the razer libs from android OREO.

This is for every app, not just gcam.

The EIS fix allows for video stabilization at 1080p 60fps.

MishaalRahman

Retired Editor in Chief
Nov 2, 2015
www.xda-developers.com
on stock the camera viewfinder is blurry and colours smudge, making 3rd party apps like Instagram very bad with recording videos and not being able to see well on on what you're taking a picture of.

This issue came around with the pie update for razer phone 2 so I managed to fix the viewfinder issue by using the razer libs from android OREO.

Thanks for the explanation. Do you have any videos/photos to show the fix in action? Or can anyone else confirm this works? Cheers!

Usyless

Oct 6, 2019
Razer Phone 2
OPPO Find X2 Pro
Thanks for the explanation. Do you have any videos/photos to show the fix in action? Or can anyone else confirm this works? Cheers!

I have made a couple comparison videos and here they are: (read the description of each as it describes what to look for if it is not immediately visible)

1. Stock Camera Libs through the gcam viewfinder

2. My module through the gcam viewfinder

3. Stock Camera libs recording a video of snapchat (it just records the viewfinder)

4. My module recording the same video in snapchat

Even with the low youtube quality as of now (still processing probably) the changes are noticeable

Danishblunt

Jul 2, 2015
Note:
- I am not responsible for anything that goes wrong with your device, bootloops, bricks, paperweights etc... Nothing should go wrong but hey i need to include this. If you need any help i will try my best to help you to fix it if you comment.

Installation:
  3. To install more than one file, after one module has installed go back and redo the same process with the other file you downloaded

It will replace your tuned camera file with the file that razer used in android OREO as that one has no issues with the viewfinder
Issues: None that i know of so far, if you notice anything you can mention it in the comments but it is likely i cannot fix it​

EIS (Electronic Image Stabilisation) helps your videos look more stable, by default this is only available at 30fps and only in some apps. However, with this fix EIS will be enabled in any app that asks for it and it will work at 1080p 60fps.
Make sure to not use the stock camera app with this but instead a gcam with 60fps support for this phone (like BSGs)
Issues: It will break 4k 60fps recording, it just won't work. Also it will break 1080p 60fps recording on the front camera.​

Also if you need anything else or want to join the Razer Phone community join our group on Telegram!

Which camera version are you using? The 7.4 version doesnt with when i want to use video and the 7.3 versions all crash instantly on startup same as 7.2.

Danishblunt

Jul 2, 2015
Note:

Installation:

Impossible, are you using BSGs cameras? also disable the EIS fix to check if it is that one.

Is it the EIS FIX of VF FIX doing it? and which gcams did you try (by which modder)

Using BSG 7.4 latest release, only got the VF Fix as I would like to shoot 4k.

I'm using:
https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/MGC_7.4.104_V0a.apk

Danishblunt

Jul 2, 2015
okay so,

1. does it work without the mods?
2. I've had testers and it all works on stock rom and android 10
3. does the redownloaded one work?
4. if you use a social media app like Instagram does it work?

1.) Camera works on stock camera app, instagram, facebook, gcam 6.1.
2.) Doesnt work with gcam 7.4 with or without mods
3.) redownloaded and reinstalled 3 times, clean install.

Usyless

Oct 6, 2019
Razer Phone 2
OPPO Find X2 Pro
1.) Camera works on stock camera app, instagram, facebook, gcam 6.1.
2.) Doesnt work with gcam 7.4 with or without mods
3.) redownloaded and reinstalled 3 times, clean install.

it seems more of like an issue with your phone or something as I've not heard of anybody having problems with the viewfinder fix.

about the 7.4 gcam, try BSGs latest version from celsoazevado, it should be labelled test

also you said the camera works in social medias, is that with or without the viewfinder fix

Danishblunt

Jul 2, 2015
it seems more of like an issue with your phone or something as I've not heard of anybody having problems with the viewfinder fix.

about the 7.4 gcam, try BSGs latest version from celsoazevado, it should be labelled test

also you said the camera works in social medias, is that with or without the viewfinder fix

I don't see the latest version being labelled as test. Maybe you're talking about one of those that are labelled as test?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Note:

Installation:

Why is this needed? Can you provide any context? Are these features broken on stock, or just in Gcam?

I have made a couple comparison videos and here they are: (read the description of each as it describes what to look for if it is not immediately visible)

1. Stock Camera Libs through the gcam viewfinder

2. My module through the gcam viewfinder

3. Stock Camera libs recording a video of snapchat (it just records the viewfinder)

4. My module recording the same video in snapchat

Even with the low youtube quality as of now (still processing probably) the changes are noticeable