FORUMS

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,736 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,558

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th July 2020, 09:41 AM |#33271  
Flag Here and there
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by genio_mex

The user in Xiaomi EU forum reported a bootloop after granted root permissions to Root Explorer to uninstall Notes app. He tried to report it as a bug, but Igor Eisberg replied to him:

I quote,

"Not a bug, really. Dynamic partitions are meant to be read-only and once modified, they become corrupted. This has nothing to do with our ROM"

The problem is when you grant permissions and then reboot, some users suggest to revoke root authorization in Magisk Manager before reboot to avoid boot loop.

Cheers.

I hope this rooting issue on dynamic partition won't affect any other brands or future release of Android or that we'll found a workaround keep doing what we want with our device.
9th July 2020, 10:46 AM |#33272  
日本
Thanks Meter: 4,796

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_gaou

I hope this rooting issue on dynamic partition won't affect any other brands or future release of Android or that we'll found a workaround keep doing what we want with our device.

This is not new, but rather the direction Android has been moving for a while. I believe Google made mounting system as RW impossible on Pixels, for example. Android itself becomes neutered and useless, more and more with each version. See MiX's changelog... "you won't be able to do X or Y on 11", etc.

As a user, talk with your wallet. Buy only from OEMs that allow bootloaders to be unlocked ( OnePlus ), that support developers and AOSP ( SONY ), that still make models with headphone jack, etc. Otherwise let's all just buy an iPhone / Pixel and follow Apple's / Google's commands.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Ultramanoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ultramanoid Ad-Free
9th July 2020, 01:01 PM |#33273  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 3,627

More
Not sure if this is a bug, but when I copy text (a URL) from one app, if I use the code editor to open a text file, I cannot paste the copied text (ie via a long press). If I use the text editor to open the file, I can paste the text.

Below is a short 30s video (4.8MB) of the steps
https://streamable.com/t4cbhq

Is this a bug or am I the only one? or am I doing something wrong?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
9th July 2020, 01:15 PM |#33274  
日本

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

Not sure if this is a bug, but when I copy text (a URL) from one app, if I use the code editor to open a text file, I cannot paste the copied text (ie via a long press). If I use the text editor to open the file, I can paste the text.

Below is a short 30s video (4.8MB) of the steps
https://streamable.com/t4cbhq

Is this a bug or am I the only one? or am I doing something wrong?

I cannot reproduce, but I only tried copying from the browser and a text / html file. I can't really copy a URL from anywhere else, is this any different from what you're doing ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Ultramanoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ultramanoid Ad-Free
9th July 2020, 01:43 PM |#33275  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 3,627

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramanoid

I cannot reproduce, but I only tried copying from the browser and a text / html file. I can't really copy a URL from anywhere else, is this any different from what you're doing ?

I really don't think so. The URL is basically just text, so the code editor/text editor shouldn't "see" them as being any different to whatever is in the clipboard. Actually, I just tested copying other text from another file (actually using MiX's code editor) and that also behaved the same way. So it looks like, it is just me.

I also went into the replace menu, and I can paste the text there.

PS: Not that it needs to be a URL, but clicking on your browsers title / URL entry should also let you to edit or copy the URL.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
9th July 2020, 01:50 PM |#33276  
日本

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

I really don't think so. The URL is basically just text, so the code editor/text editor shouldn't "see" them as being any different to whatever is in the clipboard. Actually, I just tested copying other text from another file (actually using MiX's code editor) and that also behaved the same way. So it looks like, it is just me.

I also went into the replace menu, and I can paste the text there.

PS: Not that it needs to be a URL, but clicking on your browsers title / URL entry should also let you to edit or copy the URL.

Clipboard is one of those things Google keeps messing around with every Android version. May be worth mentioning which Android version we're on, I can only test on 9 right now.

No differences that I can see between code and text editor so far. I tried copying from the URL bar, a link on a web page, and a string of text from a text file.

Edit : Forgot the most basic detail; beta version, 6.47.2 June 28.

10th July 2020, 12:18 AM |#33277  
Flag Salzburg
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I flashed LOS17 on my phone today, than installed all the regular apps first being Mix. It was showing correct icon in the beginning but after some time it stopped, now it looks like in the attachment photo. Any way to fix it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200709-220858_Trebuchet.png
Views:	278
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	5057599  
10th July 2020, 07:28 PM |#33278  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 9,458

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony3574

I flashed LOS17 on my phone today, than installed all the regular apps first being Mix. It was showing correct icon in the beginning but after some time it stopped, now it looks like in the attachment photo. Any way to fix it?

Specifically what version of MiXplorer and what launcher? FWIW In LOS17 Jun 3 On Moto G3 the MiXplorer Silver icon looks good in both the native Trebuchet launcher and in Nova Launcher...

...although, in trebuchet the MiX icon lacks the silver border around the icon. Maybe trebuchet and the Mix icon are not playing nice together. Whichever launcher you are using you could try different icon types or shapes settings to see if that has any effect.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IronTechmonkey Ad-Free
10th July 2020, 07:54 PM |#33279  
Thanks Meter: 790

Donate to Me
More
Latest version, Android 11 Beta 2 on a P2XL.

I can't open any file with any external app (e.g. PDFs). The "Open With" menu is empty except for MiX add-ons.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to azazello22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift azazello22 Ad-Free
10th July 2020, 09:28 PM |#33280  
Flag Salzburg
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey

Specifically what version of MiXplorer and what launcher? FWIW In LOS17 Jun 3 On Moto G3 the MiXplorer Silver icon looks good in both the native Trebuchet launcher and in Nova Launcher...

...although, in trebuchet the MiX icon lacks the silver border around the icon. Maybe trebuchet and the Mix icon are not playing nice together. Whichever launcher you are using you could try different icon types or shapes settings to see if that has any effect.

Changed the shape of the icons and that fixed it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tony3574 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tony3574 Ad-Free
10th July 2020, 09:56 PM |#33281  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HootanParsa

[*]Rename the addons extension from 'apk' to 'mia' and tap on it, then Import. You don't need to install the addons anymore.

What exactly does this mean for the end user? I still get redirected to the PlayStore when installing Add-ons on 6.47.2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)