FORUMS

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,561 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,282

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th July 2020, 06:26 PM |#12211  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my question.

Im in between switching phones and im wondering which one is better for gaming my 2 phones that I have in mind are the tcl 10l or the Huawei P40 lite, which one has better gpu and processor?

Thank you for your time
8th July 2020, 08:56 PM |#12212  
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdfx9user

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my question.

Im in between switching phones and im wondering which one is better for gaming my 2 phones that I have in mind are the tcl 10l or the Huawei P40 lite, which one has better gpu and processor?

Thank you for your time

Well, neither is extraordinary. Go with huawei. (https://www.notebookcheck.net/Adreno...247598.0.html)
The Following User Says Thank You to Raresh T For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Raresh T Ad-Free
8th July 2020, 10:24 PM |#12213  
Utopia
Thanks Meter: 68

More
Greetings guys...

I stumbled upon the xperia x performance, priced at 140€, boxed and shipped with a full warranty etc. (new old stock from stores). I thought about picking one up as a secondary phone for myself, one that I would use while my daily driver is charging or when it'd have no battery, mess around with it with mods, roms etc. Despite the lack of this phone's roms and mods here on xda, I'm still seriously considering getting one (again, as a secondary phone), since it's so cheap but at the same time has *some* goodies (mods etc.), as well as basically flagship specs. What would be your feedback on this? Anything better I could pick up for about the same price or shall I look in the used market? If so, I'd appreciate any alternatives.
8th July 2020, 10:39 PM |#12214  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raresh T

Well, neither is extraordinary. Go with huawei. (https://www.notebookcheck.net/Adreno...247598.0.html)

Thank you so much for your answer I was leaning towards huawei because I can get tempered glass and a case at the store, Im paying 170€ and some points I accumulated in the past is it a good deal?
9th July 2020, 12:48 PM |#12215  
Thanks Meter: 126

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by |>/\nte

Greetings guys...

I stumbled upon the xperia x performance, priced at 140€, boxed and shipped with a full warranty etc. (new old stock from stores). I thought about picking one up as a secondary phone for myself, one that I would use while my daily driver is charging or when it'd have no battery, mess around with it with mods, roms etc. Despite the lack of this phone's roms and mods here on xda, I'm still seriously considering getting one (again, as a secondary phone), since it's so cheap but at the same time has *some* goodies (mods etc.), as well as basically flagship specs. What would be your feedback on this? Anything better I could pick up for about the same price or shall I look in the used market? If so, I'd appreciate any alternatives.

So let's me get this straight. You want to get this phone for mods and roms, even if you know there aren't mods or roms for it?....

I would rather suggest going with an Samsung S6. The phone is still quite loved by the community, wouldnt be a surprise if it gets android 11 at some point next year.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdfx9user

Thank you so much for your answer I was leaning towards huawei because I can get tempered glass and a case at the store, Im paying 170€ and some points I accumulated in the past is it a good deal?

Tempered glass is good. Keep in mind, a case might overheat your smartphone when you used for gaming. Is a good deal? Well, sure. The phone has average gaming performance, will do just fine most of the time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raresh T For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Raresh T Ad-Free
9th July 2020, 01:48 PM |#12216  

More
Quote:

So let's me get this straight. You want to get this phone for mods and roms, even if you know there aren't mods or roms for it?....

I would rather suggest going with an Samsung S6. The phone is still quite loved by the community, wouldnt be a surprise if it gets android 11 at some point next year.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Tempered glass is good. Keep in mind, a case might overheat your smartphone when you used for gaming. Is a good deal? Well, sure. The phone has average gaming performance, will do just fine most of the time.

Thank you so much for your answer and have a good day!
9th July 2020, 04:13 PM |#12217  
Utopia

More
Quote:

Thanks for the input. How about the galaxy note 4? I'm kind of worried that the battery would be shite on an S6 since it's a used phone (I had that on my Xperia Z1).
9th July 2020, 06:01 PM |#12218  
Quote:
Originally Posted by |>/\nte

Thanks for the input. How about the galaxy note 4? I'm kind of worried that the battery would be shite since it's a used phone (I had that on my Xperia Z1).

As old as the Note 4 is and the fact that it may have been used for quite a while before they schose to sell it, you would definitely have battery issues sometime in the near future if the battery has never been replaced in the device during the time that they owned it. That is why I prefer phones with removable/replaceable battery.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
9th July 2020, 06:14 PM |#12219  
Utopia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

As old as the Note 4 is and the fact that it may have been used for quite a while before they schose to sell it, you would definitely have battery issues sometime in the near future if the battery has never been replaced in the device during the time that they owned it. That is why I prefer phones with removable/replaceable battery.

That's why I thought about the note 4, it's got a removable battery.
12th July 2020, 08:45 PM |#12220  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Finally upgrading from Galaxy Note 4
Hi Forum, after using the Note 4 for years I feel that it's time for an upgrade. After doing a research, I'm leaning towards the LG V40. Are there any better phones with a comparable price tag? I'm getting it used.
13th July 2020, 06:59 PM |#12221  
Help Me To Choose Between LG V40, V60 or G8x Please!

So I'm having a hard time deciding if I should get either a LG V40 or V60 or even LG G8x to replace my sluggish LG V30? V40 & G8x can be had for around $200-300 both are good phone's.

G8x has a better battery, better processor, more memory plus a better front selfie camera. But it also has lower ppi 403 vs 537 on LG V40. 2 rear camera vs 3 on LG V40. I also heard the finger print reader is finicky and someone mentioned that with Android 10 it was even worse. Lastly G8x has lower screen resolution 1080x2340 vs 1440x3120

A fella on YouTube mentioned that if you get the LG V40 unlocked version which is V405QA7 that it has root available and that you can fix battery and throttling issues.

Or do I bite the bullet and get the LG V60 for more of a future proof thing? I'm sure there is some positive and trade-offs with this too. I just bought my wife a One Plus 8 from T-mobile today for $350 with 50% off. Would of gotten the One Plus 7T for $150 but it was out of stock everywhere probably because it's now discontinued.

I myself like having a SD card and headphone jack so LG is still probably best for me to stay with. Help me out here please, what phone should I get? Thanks Ron.

1 Peter 2:16*New Living Translation (NLT)

16*For you are free, yet you are God’s slaves, so don’t use your freedom as an excuse to do evil.

New Living Translation*(NLT)

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)