Thanks Meter: 19,260

By chamonix, Recognized Contributor on 21st July 2011, 10:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th July 2020, 07:05 AM |#37271  
Thanks Meter: 137

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB126

Hum - clarification (if relevant to BBS)? Mind reading skills are a bit dull; must be the pandemic.

Yeah it's my fault since English isn't my first language. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

What i meant is that with Android 10, Samsung's phone (at least for the Note series) got a kernel memory leak bug that supposedly happens when you you use any apps that read / show battery stats, like BBS, after updating the phone through OTA (having them installed prior or after an OTA doesn't matter).

When you deny the permission or uninstall the app it doesn't leak anymore.

And that's when apps are actually working on those Samsung's phone. Mine for exemple wouldn't show any stats whatsoever even with given the proper permissions. It behaves like nothing has been done (and that is also because of some cryptic Samsung's shenanigans)

So yes it's an issue that's totally on the Samsung's side that's still waited to be resolved without external tools.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nastrahl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nastrahl Ad-Free
16th July 2020, 11:49 AM |#37272  
Thanks Meter: 10,025

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastrahl

Yeah it's my fault since English isn't my first language. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

What i meant is that with Android 10, Samsung's phone (at least for the Note series) got a kernel memory leak bug that supposedly happens when you you use any apps that read / show battery stats, like BBS, after updating the phone through OTA (having them installed prior or after an OTA doesn't matter).

When you deny the permission or uninstall the app it doesn't leak anymore.

And that's when apps are actually working on those Samsung's phone. Mine for exemple wouldn't show any stats whatsoever even with given the proper permissions. It behaves like nothing has been done (and that is also because of some cryptic Samsung's shenanigans)

So yes it's an issue that's totally on the Samsung's side that's still waited to be resolved without external tools.

Excellent explanation - thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to DB126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DB126 Ad-Free
18th July 2020, 10:53 PM |#37273  
Thanks Meter: 367

More
If i save it (Dumpfile) and see the txt file. There is a lot of Informstion about
- Sensors
-Reference overview

what is that? can i disabled it on BBS app
19th July 2020, 09:06 AM |#37274  
Forum Moderator
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 3,577

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xn0live

If i save it (Dumpfile) and see the txt file. There is a lot of Informstion about
- Sensors
-Reference overview

what is that? can i disabled it on BBS app

BBS only provides info. Nothing further. And please read at least some pages of this thread and search here, if you want additional info.
If you are interested in reducing your battery drain, read the OP and post an idle dump here. Someone will respond with suggestions.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TNSMANI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TNSMANI Ad-Free
24th July 2020, 01:27 PM |#37275  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Battery consumption
Battery consumption is more than 1% in 1 hour.
Help find the problem and fix it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ssnztf74i...04550.txt?dl=0
24th July 2020, 02:03 PM |#37276  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Hi,

The program can't detect precisely when was my phone charged.

Most of the time charge my phone wired and wireless as well (almost daily) but doesn't matter, the program can't detect charged state.

The phone is a Huawei P30 Pro using unrooted factory ROM (Android 10.1)

What should I do? Trying to upload screenshots.Attachment 5067569Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200724_145443_com.asksven.betterbatterystats_xdaedition.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	5067571Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200724_145159_com.asksven.betterbatterystats_xdaedition.jpg
Views:	388
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	5067573

Edit: Don't know why but having problems with attaching screenshot recently on the forum, so uploaded them here as well:
https://ibb.co/zQ56tkm
https://ibb.co/Bwc9Y5b
https://ibb.co/N9cxDjK

Sent by Tapatalk using my Huawei P30 Pro (VOG-L29) device
25th July 2020, 02:16 AM |#37277  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm running android 5.0.1. Can't get the app to save a dump file. It keeps saying that it's successfully saved the dumpfile, but when I look in the indicated (emulated/0, my sd card...) locations, I see nothing. What gives?

An update. OK, I got it to save. I went to Settings->Advanced and then I checked the box next to 'Private Storage.' I then looked in Local storage ->Android->data->com.asksven.betterbatterystats and just kept opening folders and the final one had the dump file.

I don't know why I can't see the file without checking this option, but whatever it works now.
26th July 2020, 05:36 PM |#37278  
www.whymacsucks.com
Thanks Meter: 146

More
My phone is awake all the time. The reason for this is listed in "partial wakelocks":

PID 1041 "Mmap" (or maybe this isn't the PID)?
Picture: https://files.bestmail.ws/photo_2020-07-26_15-09-03.jpg

/proc/ doesn't list "1041".
Any ideas how I can find out what "Mmap" is?
26th July 2020, 06:00 PM |#37279  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Is a drain of 0.8%/hr good if I have a poor signal? In the 6 hours that I left my phone unplugged without touching it, BBS reports I lost 5% charge.

Also, how can I determine what is causing my battery to drain so heavily when the screen is on? I notice that my battery drains 1% every 1-2 minutes when it's in use. My brightness is only at 20% or so.
27th July 2020, 01:31 AM |#37280  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 3,642

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utini

My phone is awake all the time. The reason for this is listed in "partial wakelocks":

PID 1041 "Mmap" (or maybe this isn't the PID)?
Picture: https://files.bestmail.ws/photo_2020-07-26_15-09-03.jpg

/proc/ doesn't list "1041".
Any ideas how I can find out what "Mmap" is?

The "PS" shell command allows selecting columns, including "cmd" which may help.

You could try my app TeMeFI which has the above built in (ie run by clicking a menu) at
Code:
Currently Running>Running Processes>PS All Super Detailed
You could then filter the results for "Mmap" by holding down the "magnifying glass" icon in the fly-out toolbar and entering "mmap" (its not case sensitive).

The thing with the PID in /proc/ is that if the PID changes or dies and is recreated, it isnt valid for possibly the exact second you are checking.
This check for PID in /proc/ is also wrapped in TeMeFI in the menu under:
Code:
Currently Running>Running Processes>Selected Running Process Details
It will list all running processes, then you can filter that list by holding down (ie long press) the"X" and entering "mmap" to filter down the list in the returned menu.
27th July 2020, 10:05 AM |#37281  
Forum Moderator
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 3,577

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmawtPho20

Is a drain of 0.8%/hr good if I have a poor signal? In the 6 hours that I left my phone unplugged without touching it, BBS reports I lost 5% charge.

Also, how can I determine what is causing my battery to drain so heavily when the screen is on? I notice that my battery drains 1% every 1-2 minutes when it's in use. My brightness is only at 20% or so.

Poor mobile signal is a heavy battery drainer, for sure. However, I can't say if 0.8% is good or bad without further details, like an idle dump. Restricting the idle drain may result in a better drain rate during screen on.
The Following User Says Thank You to TNSMANI For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TNSMANI Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alarms, android, battery drain, battery monitor, battery stats, bbs, betterbatterystats, failed, wakelock, wakeup

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)