[ROM][10][Cheeseburger] Android Ice Cold Project 15 [Official Weeklies]

Search This thread

zelect0r

Feb 16, 2015
OnePlus 8T
There is one option to show me with long press on the weather quick tile die 5 days.
But now it goes to the weather options.

I cant find this option again.

Can somebody help for this?

richardtrle

Mar 9, 2014
These two last updates are very unstable, yesterday my device touchscreen suddenly stopped working. I panicked thinking that it broke or something, but it was only happening at AICP, it happened twice after that, entering Recovery and clearing cache and dalvik seems to mitigate the issue. Also, if its battery reaches 20% it turns itself off with a blue light on its led notification indicator.

Both didn't use to happen before.

vdbhb59

Feb 15, 2016
OnePlus 5
Samsung Galaxy M30
These two last updates are very unstable, yesterday my device touchscreen suddenly stopped working. I panicked thinking that it broke or something, but it was only happening at AICP, it happened twice after that, entering Recovery and clearing cache and dalvik seems to mitigate the issue. Also, if its battery reaches 20% it turns itself off with a blue light on its led notification indicator.

Both didn't use to happen before.
True, faced the same. Though I flashed both last week and the current build one after the other as I didnt get time earlier.

richardtrle

Mar 9, 2014
True, faced the same. Though I flashed both last week and the current build one after the other as I didnt get time earlier.

This is very dangerous, it is forcing the Hardware when the device is idling which can cause irreversible damage. I have experienced such a problem on another device due to the ROM introducing ghost touch. It uncalibrated the touchscreen irreversibly.

/edit Also, I have found that fast charging settings are turned off by default, this can also cause serious problems on the battery since it leads to overcharging, which can damage battery and its life cycle.

Last edited:
Reactions: sjamie and vdbhb59

SunitTalwar

Mar 4, 2012
Can anyone please let me know if AICP supports AOD (always on display).. I am using the latest build but find this setting missing, I can see an option to enable AOD while charging but not in general

frigidazzi

Apr 21, 2011
Nexus Player
OnePlus 5
On oos they're was a way to lock apps behind a finger print. Is there a way to do that with this rom? I tried searching, but didn't come up with anything. If not it's they're a reliable app that does this? Ones I tried a couple years aho you could easily get around. Thanks!

zelect0r

Feb 16, 2015
OnePlus 8T
On oos they're was a way to lock apps behind a finger print. Is there a way to do that with this rom? I tried searching, but didn't come up with anything. If not it's they're a reliable app that does this? Ones I tried a couple years aho you could easily get around. Thanks!
Not direct with this rom, but with a third party app of your choice from the playstore.

samwidd

Feb 23, 2013
I am missing the full screen gesture which I had in other ROM
May I know if it can be implemented or is it done purposeful

markeees

Dec 29, 2017
Can I change default button's behaviour on this rom ? Like action on long-press, double click etc.

I cant seem to find the option to do that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Android Lollipop, the ROM has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
    With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LOS) we became LineageOS based with some tweaks from AOSP and then changed to be based on the "Ground Zero Open Source Project" (GZOSP) for Android Pie.
    We changed again for Android Q with a base of AOSP repositories and some additions from LineageOS for device specific repositories.

If there are any bugs, either we will sort them out, if it concerns our code base. This ROM isn't LineageOS supported, so there is no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
     */

features.png

Feature list (rough overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

GZOSP team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    @Maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
    DU team
    Resurrection Remix team
    AOSiP team
    Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
    @eyosen
    @semdoc
    @SpiritCroc
    @wartomato
    @Miccia
    plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build weeklies and everything that comes with this, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

downloads.png

Latest Stable Release Version 15.0

Download link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

Please note that official builds will be deleted from our servers every month due to maintenance services.
    We advise everyone to keep at least the latest or best working build on their device as a backup.
    Maybe copy it to a cloud service or USB too.

changelog.png

Full Changelog link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/
    (Just click the changelog button next to the download link in the list of builds available for your device)

Google Apps:
    (link the best one for your device, there are several variants out there right now, nano/micro GApps from opengapps.org is almost always a good choice though)

issues.png

You tell... :p

FAQ:
    Before using the ROM:
    Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
    A. Yes, just look here to see what day your device is built on.

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels officially?
    A. No. You can still use them, but discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter while using them!

Q. Why doesn't this ROM support Xposed?
    A. Xposed is a hack that is geared towards AOSP. Custom ROMs modify the framework a lot, so Xposed can cause a ton of issues on custom ROMs. Now it might work for you, however it is not to be discussed in this thread, and you should refrain from posting bug reports.

Q. Alright, but I still want to flash Xposed, so which version do I need to install?
    A. Information about Xposed, EdXposed or Riru Core can be obtained from the XPosed General forums .

Flashing the ROM:
    Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
    A. Check the flashing instructions...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
    A. Yes, this is the usual behaviour on flashing a new official build by (or using) the build-in updater service.

Q. How do I 'dirty flash' builds?
    A. Wipe the System, Cache and ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, GApps (only needed if you wipe the system), your preferred root solution and reboot. Or just use the OTA app to preform that task for you.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
    A1. If it's a .img file, boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot" as the destination, then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again, if you don't want to loose root and reboot.
    A2. If it's a flashable ZIP, you can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to loose root. Now swipe to flash and reboot afterwards.

Using the ROM:

Q. I installed a bad theme and now I'm getting a bootloop, how do I fix it?
    A. In TWRP, flash the substratum rescue zip that's in the substratum folder on the internal storage.

Q. I'm having issues with WhatsApp, how do I fix it?
    A. Read this

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
    A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat AND the model name. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.)

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
    A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
    A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section in the AICP Extras main page.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android Q. You don't need to install any Add-ons, simply download the latest ROM and GApps, then follow the flashing instructions and go!
    If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM Zipfile.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine though.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know!)

NOTE:
    WE ARE ENCRYPTED (FILE BASED FORCED ENCRYPTION). So if you are unencrypted format data partition or use any no_verity solution you want. We don't support it.

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
    2. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended). Bluspark twrp recovery recommended.
    3. Wipe the System, Cache, and Data (you might need to format the data partition in some cases!).
    4. Flash firmware. Actual one is 10.0.0. Download.
    5. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    6. Reboot to TWRP recovery.
    7. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work) and Magisk (optional too if you want a root solution).
    8. Reboot and set up your device.

Currently supported Root Solution:

Magisk stable
    Magisk versions >= 20.3 don't usually need to be flashed on every dirty flash.

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA ("Over-The-Air" Updates):
    TWRP recovery is needed to be able to flash using the built-in OTA app.
    Please make sure that you are on the latest TWRP recovery, keep in mind that this could also be an unofficial version!
    On encrypted devices you will have to enter your PIN/password in TWRP before the process starts.

sources.png

If you want to contribute to AICP, or want see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

Kernel source:
    https://github.com/AICP/kernel_oneplus_msm8998
    Device tree source:
    https://github.com/AICP/device_oneplus_msm8998-common
    https://github.com/AICP/device_oneplus_cheeseburger
    Vendor source:
    https://github.com/AICP/proprietary_vendor_oneplus

ROM & Additional links:
    AICP's Homepage
    AICP Gerrit Code Review
    AICP sources on Github
    AICP Download page for official builds and media content
    AICP Discord Community
    AICP Telegram channel for server notifications on official builds

Contributors:
    AICP Team

You want to see a "normal" night at the "DEV office", click here!!

XDA:DevDB Information
    AICP, ROM for the OnePlus 5

Contributors
    csolanol, wartomato
    Source Code: https://github.com/aicp

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: OOS 10.0.0-H1
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2018-01-10
    Last Updated 2020-06-22
    I think I should share some things here, to where the ROM is "steering" or what's going on "behind" the scenes for the OP5:

Signature spoofing is in, for users that want to use the phone without GApps. (Wireguard VPN support is in for a long time already...)
    OmniSwitch might return shortly
    Doubled notifications slider in settings (when linked/unlinked with volume) should be fixed shortly.
    Kernel is now build using Clang (which we still need to adapt a bit more for a smooth building process) and ofc upstreamed. And we cannot thank Nathan enough for his efforts in keeping it this way.

Front camera still has the rotation issue in the preview on face unlock and Telegram X afaik. The patch we use to fix it on other 3rd party apps has the bad side effect that the resolution is down to 4MP max. Sorry, but as far as we know this problem is on all custom ROMs (that are not stock based).
    ANT+ is still not working.
    VR is working fine.
    Full substratum support should work as far as substratum got it fixed... ;)
    We lost a few display settings from the kernel in LiveDisplay Settings as Lineage continues to play with their feature...

The list could be extended more and more, as apart from adding new features, some old ones need fixing... But I stop here, haha

#StayIceCold
    If someone wants to try AICP 15.0 (Android Q):
    1.- You need firmware 9.0.10
    2.- Rom includes gapps for now
    3.- Wipe all but sdcard from twrp. Of course we continue encrypted
    4.- Flash rom
    5.- If you want Magisk, reboot to recovery after flashing the rom and flash magisk 20.3 (Don't flash magisk with the rom)

Link to twrp: bluspark v9.110

Link to rom, changelog and firmware: afh

All fully functional.

Enjoy!.
    NIGHT LIGHT
    Thank to this post if you want AOSP night light implementation.
    NOTICE
    We are using los kernel and camera doesn't work as it should. As a temporal workaround we recomend to use Flash Kernel from @nathanchance for now.

We are working on it.

Stay IceCold!