Sony Ericsson X10 mini (E10i) debranding tutorial

1,419 posts
Thanks Meter: 554

By Mr_Bartek, Senior Member on 23rd June 2010, 07:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th September 2010, 07:08 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up This method worked well for me...
This method worked well for me:
Download and install SEUS v. 2.10.6.21
Before you start the update app, go to: "C: –> Program Files –> Sony Ericsson –> Update Service –> Settings" and open the file "currentapplication.xml", replace every "2.10.6.21" with "2.10.9.13" (a lot of places, I used notepad, Edit -> Replace).
Now it wont update automatically, just follow the guide!

15th September 2010, 01:03 PM |#102  
Flag Cádiz

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwid

Before you start the update app, go to: "C: –> Program Files –> Sony Ericsson –> Update Service –> Settings" and open the file "currentapplication.xml", replace every "2.10.6.21" with "2.10.9.13" (a lot of places, I used notepad, Edit -> Replace).

CONFIRMED!!!

I did it last night, and it worked.

Thank you!!
16th September 2010, 01:16 AM |#103  
Flag Sao Paulo

More
Thanks lollylost100 for the tutorial, thanks arwid for the tip!

The next few days we should see an update to 2.1, or so the rumors say. When it comes, will we stay debranded?
21st September 2010, 04:17 PM |#104  
Flag Sukkur
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Thanks

but each time i tried to update by your instructions seus says update failed, it think because the software version that is seus downloads is newer than the Uk genric version that you have provided, also there is remarkable size difference between your 2nd file and seus.

Kindly help
21st September 2010, 04:42 PM |#105  
Flag Sukkur

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SitO84

CONFIRMED!!!

Thank you!!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SitO84

CONFIRMED!!!

Thank you!!

it didnt work for me, it seams that still seus downloads the file, even after doing that,
23rd September 2010, 02:00 PM |#106  

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

this method worked well for me:
Download and install seus v. 2.10.6.21
before you start the update app, go to: "c: –> program files –> sony ericsson –> update service –> settings" and open the file "currentapplication.xml", replace every "2.10.6.21" with "2.10.9.13" (a lot of places, i used notepad, edit -> replace).

thx thx thx
25th September 2010, 12:23 AM |#107  
Flag Sukkur

More
Smile Finally: here is how i get it worked
Quote:

you will have to replace every "2.10.6.21" with "2.10.9.13 before first run of Update service and then follow the guide

you can replace 1st file when it completes download and then when 2nd one completes no need of panic

Thanks for help my phone was useless without android market application and now i can use it
2nd October 2010, 04:07 PM |#108  

More
I have a E10a. Will it works if I use the E10i Firmware? Or will a have a problem?
Thanks
11th October 2010, 12:39 PM |#109  
Flag Tenerife
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Unhappy doesn't work anymore
The new version of Update Service is 2.10.10.9. Anyway I edit the .xml file changing the old number version by 2.10.10.9 and finally the app shows me an advert about something is wrong and the app will close.

Any suggestions? Thank you very much.

I have a Movistar Spain one and the version remains at 10A108 and the Update Service tells me that that's the newest version... awful.

Thanks to all.
11th October 2010, 04:40 PM |#110  
Flag Prato

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darfito

The new version of Update Service is 2.10.10.9. Anyway I edit the .xml file changing the old number version by 2.10.10.9 and finally the app shows me an advert about something is wrong and the app will close.

Any suggestions? Thank you very much.

I have a Movistar Spain one and the version remains at 10A108 and the Update Service tells me that that's the newest version... awful.

Thanks to all.

I tried and it works, now you have to install SEU v. 2.10.6.21 that within the first post and before you start editing the file "currentapplication.xml" with 2.10.10.9 ..... and follow the guide.
PS.sorry for the English, translated with google
12th October 2010, 07:28 PM |#111  
Flag peterborough, uk

More
It Doesn't Work (
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)