[ROM][10][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 17.1 for Mi A2

Search This thread

drt1

Nov 4, 2017
Chisinau
Sure, keep in mind not every mi A2 is made the same, I'm not claiming LOSRecovery won't work for everyone, I'm just saying people that for people with models that are facing OTA problems, this could be the cause.
Now if you're having OTA problems and even doing this procedure you're not getting OTA to work, call me debunked.

Zero interest on debunking you, not debating or trying to prove a point. Just offering my experience and trying to be helpful. If a certain procedure helps people, that's great.

My advice to anyone having issues would be to try to go back to stock (recommend firmware) and take it from there. Might be a pain in the ass and I can't guarantee it'll solve the problem/s, but if it does sounds like a well spent hour to me.

Last edited:

Lurensu

Sep 10, 2017
1. Factory reset in lineage recovery
2. Just rebooted to recovery

My fourth update today, just five mins ago. Everything smooth again. My two cents: are you guys who have issues on the recommended firmware? By the way, I came to Los directly from stock rom, was on stock until that point and have thus not tinkered with the phone at all. That might be a variable to factor in too.

---------- Post added 13-07-2020 at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was 12-07-2020 at 11:44 PM ----------

Um, not on my experience. I wrote several times in the thread that I followed official instructions to the letter ( that means lineage recovery usage) and no problems. Couple other people seem to have confirmed that too (check thread). Probably more, but I guess who doesn't have problems visits the thread less often if at all.

I came to LOS from the Stock June update, clean installed through fastboot.
In my case, it looks like Magisk doesn't manage to properly flash itself to the inactive slot after an OTA and so I have to do it manually.
I'll try this way again next week, if it works, then I'm 100% happy

drt1

Nov 4, 2017
Chisinau
I came to LOS from the Stock June update, clean installed through fastboot.
In my case, it looks like Magisk doesn't manage to properly flash itself to the inactive slot after an OTA and so I have to do it manually.
I'll try this way again next week, if it works, then I'm 100% happy

Stock June is V11.0.11.0 if I'm not wrong, not the recommended one. I doubt that might make such a huge difference, but who knows. :confused:

enapah

Aug 9, 2014
@drt1 No issues there, I always flash the latest stock ROM before doing a new clean flash of a 3rd-party ROM.
I flashed jasmine_global_images_V11.0.10.0.QDIMIXM_10.0 before going to this ROM, so I can confirm those firmwares work just fine.

EDIT: I misread and now I look silly -- that was the recommended stock ROM.

Last edited:

devilsworkshop

Jun 27, 2015
OnePlus 6
I found another bug!

When recording video with an external USB microphone, the audio track is higher pitched than it should be.
It is very noticeable - voices are high pitched and music recordings are completely unusable.
Tested with GCam (many different versions), Open Camera, and Cinema FV-5 Lite. Using a Zoom H1 (audio recorder device) in USB mode.
The stock LOS camera does not seem to support external mics, so I couldn't test that. For what it's worth, HavocOS has the same issue.

With regards to the OTA issue, my tests were done with the latest firmware. (V11.0.11.0)
(OTA failed with first flash by LOS recovery, worked with first flash by TWRP-4pda)

Nov 19, 2016
Jaipur
Many people are losing their data just cuz some of you are posting about smooth ota without mentioning your installation details.
If it works for you it's fine but please recommend everyone to flash magisk to inactive slot so that we all can get smooth updates.

Reactions: Sam7a2

Shotg1

Apr 25, 2016
Manila
Question since force encryption is present in official los, then if i flash dm verity to disable encryption, then update tru ota will my device remain unencrypted or it will be force to encrypt?

evertonjcorreia

Dec 7, 2014
Could you try with TWRP next time? I've been using the unofficial 4pda TWRP with consistent results.

To test this theory, I did a clean flash of LOS + OpenGApps Stock + Magisk (using TWRP 4pda version linked above), and it works fine.
I didn't have time to test with OpenGApps Super (the largest package).

I think it might have something to do with the recovery.
For me, OTA works when I clean flash with TWRP, but fails when I clean flash with LOS recovery.

So, here's a list of bugs in this ROM so far (as far as I know, anyway)

1. USB wired headset and OTG don't work (confirmed by multiple people on this thread)
(workaround: power off and power on every time it stops working)

2. Very soft and poor quality audio while recording video
(I reproduced it on a clean flash with LOS camera, GCam (the_dise) and Open Camera)

3. ROM does not boot if you flash GApps but no Magisk (can anyone else confirm?)

4. OTA doesn't work properly for some people (data corruption error or GApps disappear)
(For me it works consistently when I first flash the ROM with TWRP but not with LOS recovery - can anyone else try different recoveries and confirm?)

5. The latest official TWRP (3.4.0-0) and OrangeFox (R10.1_1) don't boot when LOS is installed with encryption. (using fastboot boot recovery.img)
(These recoveries work with every other ROM I tried, including unofficial LOS, Havoc, PE, AICP, Carbon, Syberia etc)

Did I miss anything?

Found another bug: AudioFX sometimes will stop working and will only work again by disconecting the bluethoot headphones or rebooting the system.

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Question since force encryption is present in official los, then if i flash dm verity to disable encryption, then update tru ota will my device remain unencrypted or it will be force to encrypt?

Best chance you have is trying it. Things are kinda crazy so much we can't even agree a universally good way to install this ROM, what works for one might not work for you and you might actually lose your data.

devilsworkshop

Jun 27, 2015
OnePlus 6
When recording video with an external USB microphone, the audio track is higher pitched than it should be.

Interestingly, I was able to replicate this behaviour even on the stock ROM, so it's not an LOS bug.

Tried on V11.0.10.0 with Open Camera and GCam (the_dise v4.4). Could it be a bug with Xiaomi's implementation of the Camera2 API?

Last edited:

DhiGeKu

Feb 5, 2015
Sungguminasa
Xiaomi Pad 6
otg doesn't work. I'm using Mi A2 4/64. Did anyone has tried using wired headset with adapter? i get this device secondhand and I don't get the 3.5 to type c adapter with it. I'm planning on buying this small dac that connect via usb type c. If its working i'll go and buy it. I borrow my brother's adapter, it doesn't work. Looks like its time to invest in TWS then...

Last edited:

Shotg1

Apr 25, 2016
Manila
otg doesn't work. I'm using Mi A2 4/64. Did anyone has tried using wired headset with adapter? i get this device secondhand and I don't get the 3.5 to type c adapter with it. I'm planning on buying this small dac that connect via usb type c. If its working i'll go and buy it.

Qored headset and otg not worling its been a long time, i dont know if dev. Are seriously wanted to fixed the major issue although its usable

evertonjcorreia

Dec 7, 2014
LOS and Gaaps not binding. Tried many permutations and combinations.

Any help would be appreciated.

Using
lineage-17.1-20200718-nightly-jasmine_sprout-signed.zip
and
open_gapps-arm64-10.0-pico-20200722.zip

LOS is installing fine, just does not have Gaaps with it. Problem with Gaaps me thinks.
Anyone know a Gaaps version to try, share a link maybe, thanks

Read the entire thread and will find answers for your question, this was discussed too many times already.

gaurav713

Jun 14, 2020
Screenrecorder Crash

@mikeioannina the system screen recorder always crashes. I mean it works for very small clips but when I try to record gameplays, it crashes when stopping the recording, maybe it records it all but fails to finalize and save it, I don't know. I tried third party recorders but they can't record system audio (probably permission thing). It works fine on other roms, at least its fine in Corvus. Would you mind looking into this?
Thank you for your effors so far. Keep up the good work!

Top Liked Posts