[REQ] Inverse Notification Icon Color (Black Status Bar)

Search This thread

choffy21

Dec 17, 2009
Glendale, AZ
I was wondering if there is a way to reverse icon colors in the status bar. I just downloaded a black status bar and a lot of the icons blend into the black bar (if that makes sense).

If anyone can help me out, thanks. I don't know anything at all about coding and very little about the root process, so a Metamorph option would be the easiest way for me, although I can figure out theming.

Last edited:

martin0285

Jan 11, 2010
Maine
Use ninja morph and inverse the images u want in framework-res.apk ...really easy
Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

unknownrebelx

Feb 23, 2008
Long Beach
Use ninja morph and inverse the images u want in framework-res.apk ...really easy
Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

I checked out ninja morph. You're right, it does exactly what you said...EXCEPT you have to modify every icon individually, which ends up being an enormous pain.

Also, I could have missed something but how do you inverse icons directly on the phone? I looked around and still couldnt find anything. Ended up transfering them to the pc and editing them from there.

In the end, I'm just amazed that android doesn't have a unified icon / theming system yet. To edit messages, you have to go in to mms.apk (took me forever to figure that one out), to edit gmail you have to look in gmail.apk, system icons were in framework, etc. What a pain.