Post Reply Email Thread
27th September 2010, 05:01 PM |#771  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirateghost

read the original post?

seriously...method 3. try it

Thanks, **** worked I was able to get back into download mode. ODIN stalled @ the file analysis part and I had to disconnect my phone afterwards phone wouldn't power on and volume up/down + power combination didn't work, battery didn't indicate it was charging,etc...
27th September 2010, 09:43 PM |#772  
Flag Heredia
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by designgears

I897UCJF6 - Odin3 One-Click Downloader:
http://www.thevod.org/misc/captivate...l-OCD-REV0.rar

By downloading this file, I will be able to update my Captivate to the latest firmware (I897UCJF6) right? ...as easy as it looks?

Does the phone need to be rooted before running the Odin?

My phone is currently running the stock ROM and is network unlocked, shall I lock it again?
27th September 2010, 11:12 PM |#773  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,297

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgchaval

By downloading this file, I will be able to update my Captivate to the latest firmware (I897UCJF6) right? ...as easy as it looks?

Does the phone need to be rooted before running the Odin?

My phone is currently running the stock ROM and is network unlocked, shall I lock it again?

No, this flashes the stock ROM, which is what you have now. If you want the latest, go to Settings on your phone and then go to Software Update > Check for Update.
28th September 2010, 05:27 AM |#774  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
HELP!
I don't understand why it wont get past the "file analysis" stage.... I have tried all troubleshooting steps I have read through (restarting the process, removing battery & SIM etc.) still no luck...does ANYBODY have any ideas...please
28th September 2010, 05:36 AM |#775  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,297

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnpucci

I don't understand why it wont get past the "file analysis" stage.... I have tried all troubleshooting steps I have read through (restarting the process, removing battery & SIM etc.) still no luck...does ANYBODY have any ideas...please

Unplug phone.
Enable USB Debugging on phone.
Turn off phone.
Open Odin on computer.
Hold down both volume buttons and then plug in phone to computer while still holding volume buttons.
Phone should be in download mode.
Start it.
28th September 2010, 04:27 PM |#776  
Flag Columbia, SC
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnpucci

I had the exact same problem. It just froze at that point, bricking the phone. I tried it over and over again. Odin3 would work fine until that point. So, finally I decided to try a master clear rather than starting the flash process.... BIG MISTAKE! It, too, froze. So I had to unplug and remove the battery again, only this time when I reconnected it to my computer, windows 7 wouldnt even recognize it! It was completely dead! It wouldnt turn on or anything and now I couldnt even get it into download mode. The computer I was using was a desktop running Win 7 Professional x64. I'm not sure if Odin3 doesnt like Win 7 or if its a 64 bit thing or what? I had the 64 bit drivers installed and have had no problem using Droid Explorer or using ADB from a cmd window. I'm also not sure if Odin3 requires a certain version of .NET. I suspect it doesnt because it opened up fine and ran until it got to the file analysis stage.

The only way I was able to fix it was to download and install the drivers on my old laptop running Vista. Once I did that Odin3 was able to do its thing and was completely done in about 2 minutes.

So, now i dont do anything with my phone on Win 7, only on Vista.
28th September 2010, 06:10 PM |#777  

More
Hi - I've gone through many threads and all point me back to Odin. I've tried to connect the phone and flash via Odin3. However Odin doesn't want to pick up my device (Captivate). Am rooted, disable lagfix (RyanZA) and basically deleted some of the known clutter apps from AT&T.
I want to revert back to more of a stock ROM so that I can start over, but now I can't do anything. Any tips? TIA!
28th September 2010, 06:17 PM |#778  
Flag Akron, OH
Thanks Meter: 10

More
what happens if we MASTER CLEAR via odin? Is that how we start with a fresh phone just like the day i got it? When i odin back to stock i always have the same files from rom manager backups titanium backups etc. those are awesome, but what if i wanted to start all over?
28th September 2010, 06:22 PM |#779  

More
Unhappy Odin3 doesn't pick up Captivate in DL mode. x_x
Hi to all the Android GURU's - am pleading for help as I have done stupid... I know no one can fix stupid... lol

What am I doing wrong here... besides the fact that I f'd up my phone, my precious... :P

Anywho, here is what I'm trying and my goal is to just boot back in to Android.

Got the USB drivers for Win7 x64
I can boot Captivate in to recovery mode & download mode
Have Odin3 1-Click downloader
I have removed my micro-SD, SIM and battery
Opened Odin3
Replaced battery
Then held down the volume buttons (+/-) got in to download mode (little android shoveling dirt)
Plugged in USB to phone
Odin does not recoginze the device... I've tried to unplug the USB from the PC and plugging it in to another port with the hopes it would re-install drivers and then maybe see the phone.

No luck!!! Am I really that stupid, what am I missing??? HELP!! Please??
28th September 2010, 06:39 PM |#780  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Awesome Thank you!!!! Only Way I could get into download mode was to have odin3 running then hold both up and down and then plug in usb.
28th September 2010, 07:53 PM |#781  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by designgears

it works :P

Next time I am stock I will make and update.zip

it will ONLY restore /system...

Any update on an nandroid backup file perchance?

I'm also on a Mac and forgot to backup my stock config...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)