[OFFICIAL] EdXposed - The successor of Xposed [Oreo/Pie/Q/R, 2020/07/19]

Search This thread

monicaONxda

Aug 16, 2020
Hey guys, how's the situation with safety and edxposed? Any work around yet or is it still detected by Google?

I would like to know that, too. (how to pass safetynet with EdXposed isntalled)...Many people asked that here...

Maybe John Wu knows...?

B.t.w. Would it be passed if you disable EdXposed in Magisk temporarily (and reboot)? And if no safetynet needed, just enable it again?
Would all EdXposed modules (and their settings) work as before or do you have to re-install all EdXposed modules??

I would like to know that, too. (how to pass safetynet with EdXposed isntalled)...Many people asked that here...

Maybe John Wu knows...?

B.t.w. Would it be passed if you disable EdXposed in Magisk temporarily (and reboot)? And if no safetynet needed, just enable it again?
Would all EdXposed modules (and their settings) work as before or do you have to re-install all EdXposed modules??
In my case all I needed was to enable Magisk Hide for the root-detecting apps, enable Blacklist option in EdXposed Manager, blacklist the same apps, enable "Pass Safety net* option and clear the data of the root-detecting apps. I'm aware it may not be enough for all devices

EDIT: I forgot I installed HiddenCore module too. Without it I can't use Google Pay

Sent from my tucana using XDA Labs

Last edited:

JudgeDread11

Aug 17, 2014
Ao Nang, Krabi
In my case all I needed was to enable Magisk Hide for the root-detecting apps, enable Blacklist option in EdXposed Manager, blacklist the same apps, enable "Pass Safety net* option and clear the data of the root-detecting apps. I'm aware it may not be enough for all devices
I'm not sure if it's needed, but I use sudohide to hide the manager app. (Also Magisk, I don't use the in app seeing to rename and repack).
Also with the exposed manager module enabled in (xposed) modules I won't pass sn. And since I haven't noticed any difference in functionality between enabling and disabling it I have it disabled.

I'm not sure if it's needed, but I use sudohide to hide the manager app. (Also Magisk, I don't use the in app seeing to rename and repack).
Also with the exposed manager module enabled in (xposed) modules I won't pass sn. And since I haven't noticed any difference in functionality between enabling and disabling it I have it disabled.

SudoHide is a good module, just in case - here is the newer version than the one in the Xposed repo:
https://github.com/Mikanoshi/SudoHide

saoudien07

Apr 27, 2016
I also use sudoHide long ago now mainly for Vanced...
Only downside with EdXposed, it is slowing down the whole system!! And from boot, nothing to do with the number of modules installed. Or at just the UI when the phone complete boot...
Boot time without EdXposed ~20sec
With EdXposed enabled ~ 40-50sec
And into the whole fluidity of the system you can feel the difference when EdXposed is enable ((

I dont remember Xposed was that influencing system on Oreo...

monicaONxda

Aug 16, 2020
I can pass safetynet basicintegrity + cts only without EdXposed installed (just Magisk and PropsConfig/fingerprint change) - even when I put all gapps on the blacklist and hide. Haven't tried to hide sudo, but I dont think it makes a difference... I have read somewhere that with Android 10 EdXposed can't be hidden from safetynet anymore...?

My actual question was, if someone has tried to deactivate the EdXposed module in Magisk and made safetynet pass this way...and without losing the EdXposed modules/settings...

Anyway, I "solved" the problem and erased my last google apps/services left on the phone: GSF and Playservices. Now I get a big red "SafetyNet API Error" warning... LOL! Who needs google push service and google depending apps, anyway nowadays... Everything works fine - faster than ever - even my banking app (which, however, I had to decompile and change a little bit :))

JudgeDread11

Aug 17, 2014
Ao Nang, Krabi
I can pass safetynet basicintegrity + cts only without EdXposed installed (just Magisk and PropsConfig/fingerprint change) - even when I put all gapps on the blacklist and hide. Haven't tried to hide sudo, but I dont think it makes a difference... I have read somewhere that with Android 10 EdXposed can't be hidden from safetynet anymore...?

My actual question was, if someone has tried to deactivate the EdXposed module in Magisk and made safetynet pass this way...and without losing the EdXposed modules/settings...

Anyway, I "solved" the problem and erased my last google apps/services left on the phone: GSF and Playservices. Now I get a big red "SafetyNet API Error" warning... LOL! Who needs google push service and google depending apps, anyway nowadays... Everything works fine - faster than ever - even my banking app (which, however, I had to decompile and change a little bit :))
I'm passing sn on android 10 with edxposed and Magisk. Make sure you disabled the edxposed manager module in edxposed itself. I also use sudo hide to hide edxposed manager and Magisk manager from Google services.

DarkSJ1998

Maybe John Wu knows...?

SafetyNet passes with the canary v0.5.x.x builds of EdXposed ;)

I have it running on one of my devices at home already.

Sent from my #FlagshipKiller6T using Tapatalk

EdXposed causes 2020 Samsung Snapdragon-based devices not to boot.

I'll mention it here, because the issue I opened on GitHub a while back isn't gaining any traction.

Snapdragon-based Samsung devices launched in 2020 on Android 10 fail to boot when EdXposed is installed. This includes the Tab S7+ and the Z Fold2.

YAHFA or Sandhook variant doesn't matter. Version 0.4.x vs. 0.5.x doesn't matter. riru is fine, however.

Exynos-based 2020 Samsung devices work fine.

I'll mention it here, because the issue I opened on GitHub a while back isn't gaining any traction.

Snapdragon-based Samsung devices launched in 2020 on Android 10 fail to boot when EdXposed is installed. This includes the Tab S7+ and the Z Fold2.

YAHFA or Sandhook variant doesn't matter. Version 0.4.x vs. 0.5.x doesn't matter. riru is fine, however.

Exynos-based 2020 Samsung devices work fine.

Have you tried with old v0.4.5.1??? If not, try it.

Something changed from v0.4.5.1 to v0.4.6.x and newer that makes some devices / Custom ROMs to stuck on boot. Unfortunately also no devs' comment on that.

Have you tried with old v0.4.5.1??? If not, try it.

Something changed from v0.4.5.1 to v0.4.6.x and newer that makes some devices / Custom ROMs to stuck on boot. Unfortunately also no devs' comment on that.

Yes, I've tried that. The above fix worked for my Exynos-based Note10+ last year, but this year's Qualcomm-based Samsung devices need some new fix. My Note20 Ultra works, because it's Exynos-based, but neither my Fold2 nor my Tab S7+ does.

I should try building a permissive kernel and seeing whether that will boot, but I keep attending to more important matters.

May 23, 2020
Is there any way to change android id without having to restart the device every time on oreo+\Q roms

Last edited:

cucumbersmell

Nov 14, 2009
Portland, OR
Yes, I've tried that. The above fix worked for my Exynos-based Note10+ last year, but this year's Qualcomm-based Samsung devices need some new fix. My Note20 Ultra works, because it's Exynos-based, but neither my Fold2 nor my Tab S7+ does.

I should try building a permissive kernel and seeing whether that will boot, but I keep attending to more important matters.

I've used these before for the same reason on other devices. Unfortunately, I've had them for so long that I don't know who to credit them to, but you should be able to flash either one of these in TWRP to make your current kernel permissive.

Permissiver v4

Kernel Permissive Patcher

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Has anyone managed to get Magisk v27 on Redmi 7A (ROM v1025, Android 9, Pie, API 28) still uses EdXposed-v0.5.2.2_4683.?

Magisk v27 installs ok, but then the EdXposed framework becomes non-functional marked RED..
    Tried disabling riru and so forth in Magisk but cannot get EdXposed to work.
    Even the trick of installing EdXposed from Magisk / storage did not do it, framework is disabled/red...

Don't think that LSPosed works on the 7a, last tried it wanted a newer ROM, which I'm trying to avoid... any tips welcomed...
    LSPosed works perfectly on your device.
    You may try any of these modifications too:
    Mod by mywalkb https://github.com/mywalkb/LSPosed_mod/
    Mod by pumPCin https://github.com/pumPCin/LSPosed/
    Mod by CMDQ8575 https://github.com/CMDQ8575/LSPosed/
    Kept testing, now flushed v26.4 magisk zip from twrp, after boot, INSTANTLY all folders mounted correctly for all users.. appears to be a Magisk v27 issue.. for time being left it as v26.4 for the engine, and v27 magisk Manager, seems to work, all LSPosed modules are OK either way.. it is just that mount --bind appear to work differently in v27 compared to v26.4..
    What is the different between of these 3 LSPosed ? Is some better ?
    Less Logs, Watchdog Logs, Select/Unselect All, and other things you need to discover by yourself.
    I prefer to say the better is that has been updated frequently recently.
    All them are working with XPL-EX (XPrivacyLua Ex) v1.4.1, Magisk v27.0, Kitsune Mask (Magisk Delta) (version 26400) and Kitsune Mask (Magisk Delta) (version 27001).
    Say hello to... EdXposed, successor of Xposed!:laugh:

EdXposed is a Riru module, trying to provide an ART hooking framework which delivers consistent APIs with the original Xposed, open-source, stable, low invasiveness and fast.

Support Android Oreo, Pie, Q and R, that means you can use Xposed framework in latest Android!:fingers-crossed:

Xposed is a framework for modules that can change the behavior of the system and apps without touching any APKs. That's great because it means that modules can work for different versions and even ROMs without any changes (as long as the original code was not changed too much). It's also easy to undo. As all changes are done in the memory, you just need to deactivate the module and reboot to get your original system back. There are many other advantages, but here is just one more: Multiple modules can do changes to the same part of the system or app. With modified APKs, you to decide for one. No way to combine them, unless the author builds multiple APKs with different combinations.

Advantages:
    • Low invasiveness. Based on Riru, so EdXposed no longer need to replace app_process, it is more difficult to detect.(due to some bugs of Magisk, it can still be detected by a few applications)
    • Fully open-source and free. We are very concerned about your device security and user privacy, so we are fully open source with GPLv3 license.
    • Easy recovered. Based on Magisk, just disable EdXposed in Magisk Manager, you can recover from brick.
    • Fast. EdXposed use SandHook and YAHFA as the hook core to provide a faster experience than other cores.
    • Fully compatible. The API that is exactly the same as the original Xposed is provided. In general, there is no need to make special adaption to EdXposed.
    • Stable. EdXposed has updated many versions, and gradually stabilized.
    • Non-virtual. Edxposed is the REAL xposed framework, not the virtual framework.

Supported Versions:
    • Android R (11)[sdk30]
    • Android Q (10)[sdk29]
    • Android Pie (9)[sdk28]
    • Android Oreo (8.x)[sdk26/27]
    For Android Nougat (7.x) and lower, please read our Wiki

Download:
    Edxposed has three different builds
    • Stable:Stable version after passing the test, suitable for general users, update slowly. Download Stable version in Magisk Manager's [Downloads] tab
    • Alpha: Test version with multiple commits. Download Alpha version in [Github Releases]
    • Canary: Debug version. Automatically build by CI. Download Canary version in [EdXposed Manager]

Install:
    You'd better understand what you are doing and have the ability to recover from brick. Otherwise, please do not use any variant Xposed.
    I'm not responsible for anything you do with your phone/tablet/tv/watch/auto/induction cooker.
    1. Install Magisk v21.4+
    2. Install Riru-Core v23+ from Magisk repo.
    3. Install EdXposed from Magisk repo.
    4. Install EdXposed Manager.
    5. Reboot.
    6. Have fun! :)

Help:
    • If you have any problems, please try to use the latest version of Canary channel, which may fix your problems.
    • If the problem is not solved, try to ask in the community
    • If the problem persists, please report the problem in GitHub Issues.

For Developers:
    Developers are welcomed to write Xposed modules with hooks based on EdXposed Framework. Module written based on EdXposed framework is fully compatible with the original Xposed Framework, so contrary a Xposed Framework-based module will work well with the EdXposed framework too.
    We use the module repository of the original Xposed, so you simply upload the module to repository, then you can download your module in EdXposed.

Source Code:
    You can find the build tutorial here

Credits:
    • @MlgmXyysd and @solohsu, the main creators
    • All the translators: https://github.com/ElderDrivers/EdXposedManager (if you want to contribute more translations, Please submit Pull Requests to us)
    • @rovo89, created the original Xposed
    • @topjohnwu, created the Magisk, makes all these possible.
    • XposedBridge, the original Xposed framework APIs
    • Riru, provides a way to inject codes into zygote process
    • YAHFA, the core ART hooking framework
    • dexmaker and dalvikdx, to dynamiclly generate YAHFA hooker classes
    • Whale, used for inline hooking
    • SandHook, ART hooking framework for SandHook variant

XDA:DevDB Information
    EdXposed, Tool/Utility for the Xposed Framework

Contributors
    mlgmxyysd, solohsu
    Source Code: https://github.com/ElderDrivers/EdXposed

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 0.5.2.1
    Stable Release Date: 2021-02-03
    Current Beta Version: 0.5.2.2
    Beta Release Date: 2021-02-08

Created 2020-03-21
    Last Updated 2021-02-08
    Canary channel has gone in EdXposed Manager v4.5.7 with v0.5.0.0!
    Whats up?

Noticed same thing but I already have v0.5.0.0 installed. I had to install it because with the other versions, I was not able to pass safetynet. Glad I'm not the only one.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using XDA Labs

Official announcement, translated using google translate:

[Response and apology announcement regarding the distribution of the malicious code version on May 16, 2020]
    According to the statistics of relevant persons, around five o'clock in the afternoon, three people used the vulnerability of EdXposed Auto Update Channel Server and AppVeyor CI and the function of GitHub Pull Requests to submit malicious code to the EdXposed open source repository. About two hours later, neurons submitted to repair the PR coverage Maliciously build and shut down (Figure 1)

Vulnerability rules: EdXposed Auto Update Channel Server will automatically grab the latest build from AppVeyor CI, and AppVeyor CI does not specify whether the build is a PR code in the API, resulting in EdXposed Manager unable to judge whether it is an official build when grabbing the API And push these unofficial malicious builds to users

Vulnerability handling: The display and distribution of the Canary channel in EdXposed Manager has been temporarily closed, and will be reopened after subsequent repairs. If you need to download the build in Canary (such as Android R users or users who need to experience hidden features), please move (Please pay attention to carefully select the submitter and change records): ***link removed to avoid unintended downloads***

Currently affected versions: 0.4.6.3 (4549) -kihnewnj 0.4.6.3 (4549) -noofbiwx 0.4.6.3 (4549) -blhuwpqu 0.4.6.3 (4549) -vqpyeeje 0.4.6.3 (4549) -fexbxflm

We apologize for the affected users and strongly condemn the three malicious code submitters

Finally, please read the installation warning, change records and author name carefully (Figure 2)

At present, these illegal PRs have been closed and have not been merged into the master branch. The EdXposed development team ElderDrivers pays great attention to user privacy and security. In the future, we will try to avoid similar vulnerabilities and build a good Xposed community environment. Everyone believes in EdXposed and believes in open source projects

good luck!
    I just updated the Riru module to v26.0.5 and now EdXposed doesn't work anymore. Any fix?
    Quote:

"Due to the low quality of Riru's documentation and the high frequency of API changes, the development team has decided not to adapt Riru 26 for the time being. Please wait for the development team member solohsu for the subsequent maintenance plan. We deeply regret this irresponsible change of Riru.

Please do NOT update to Riru 26, we recommend using a version below 25. The last available version is 25.4.4: https://t.me/EdXposed/136"
    @mlgmxyysd What's the status of development? Is there any plan of getting the CI builds back using a different instance to avoid what happened? Are the CI builds being compiled and uploaded somewhere? Thanks for your work & time! :)

Still in bug fixes, Android R support and module activation scope(New original feature) development.

The CI is moved to https://ci.appveyor.com/project/MlgmXyysd/EdXposed-DEV , contain PR build.

The original CI is under repair.