[ROM][OFFICIAL][ginkgo][10] LineageOS 17.1 for Redmi Note 8 / 8T

Search This thread

Geralt87

Nov 30, 2019
What you have to wipe for flashing this ROM? Data,System,Vendor,Cache. All of them, right?

Can you flash Magisk without formatting data (decrypt) ?

I saw there's vbmeta.img in the zip of the ROM, does that means flashing vbmeta is no longer needed?
Thanks

Last edited:

Geralt87

Nov 30, 2019
-Do you need to flash Universal DM-Verity and ForceEncrypt Disabler with this ROM?
-Which firmware is needed, global (miui 11) or Chinese?
-Encryption works? (after setup ofc)

Can someone tell me if flashing this ROM + Magisk without patching dmverity and forceencrypt disabler will boot ?
Regards and thanks for the rom.

-Do you need to flash Universal DM-Verity and ForceEncrypt Disabler with this ROM?
-Which firmware is needed, global (miui 11) or Chinese?
-Encryption works? (after setup ofc)

Can someone tell me if flashing this ROM + Magisk without patching dmverity and forceencrypt disabler will boot ?
Regards and thanks for the rom.

If you are encrypted and want to keep encryption, flash ROM + Magisk, Format Data (TWRP->WIPE->Format Data->Type yes->Swipe), reboot.

If you are encrypted and want to decrypt, flash ROM + Magisk, Format Data (same as above), Flash DM-Verity and Disable Force Encrypt. Reboot.

If you are decrypted, flash ROM + Magisk + DM-Verity and Disable Force Encrypt. Reboot.

NOTE: (WARNING) All data will be erased while doing the first and second way. It is recommended to take a full backup including Internal Storage, while trying to do anything.

huuhaa_tm

Sep 2, 2020
I ordered this phone cause of being officially supported by Lineage OS & price was so low (99€ for 4/64 GB variant)..

Since I'm quite newbie with custom roms (previously just opened honor 8 bootloader and flashed openkirin based Lineage OS to it...) I ask some probably stupid questions, but better ask than regret...

- I want to try de-googled version at frst , but some are saying that best option would be flash directly without login with google account, still tip from wii says: "Tip: It is highly recommended to have the latest official MIUI weekly package installed on the device, before proceeding with unlock."

So it seems to me login is definitely reguired and you can't just use Mi account and IMEI to get unlock code for bootloader and directly start to fastboot mode and continue there..

So if I think it's ok to use that foliohat thinking, should I first use some other than my persoal google account to login and proceed?

-Secondary (or maybe at end primary) option would be LineageOS with GAPS. In this option I would need just follow intructions to flash TWRP, LineageOS and Magisk, since I need to get Securenet pass and banking apps working. One thing is bit unclear by reading thread though. Does ANXCamera (MIUI Camera) now work with this rom with all cameras and all feature plugins anaialble on camera . aeonax . com or not? Cause I would be more than happy if I could use LineageOS even with gaps and getting updates and still using camera with quality of official rom gives.

-Thirdly, I assume that it's possible to return back to official ROM too after all testing probably without even losing Widevine L1 support and lock bootloader again if needed? This probably if warranty repair is needed, unless ofcource you loose warranty when opening bootloader, but anyway returning back is possible if wanted?

Hey did you made sure you updated to latest firmware? I had that bug too and I updated. Seems to be alright so far.

xiaomifirmwareupdater . com / firmware / willow /

What is correct method to upgrade this, or will it be upgraded automatically if getting all updates before opening bootloader and flashing LineageOS, but still if one has already flashed LineageOS, what is correct method for upgrading this firmware?

Thanks for your answers and sorry for stupid questions. :)

raha0007

Apr 28, 2012
Is there any way to get a higher bluetooth audio codec than AAC? I was hoping to get LDAC like on my old Note4 (mido).
Cdroid could at leas do aptX.
Keep up the good work, Lineage on this device is awesome!

Gavriloff

Mar 10, 2018
Is there any way to get a higher bluetooth audio codec than AAC? I was hoping to get LDAC like on my old Note4 (mido).
Cdroid could at leas do aptX.
Keep up the good work, Lineage on this device is awesome!
I also want to know about APTX. I listen to music only through this codec and can't install this ROM just for this reason.

Rsplwe

Aug 12, 2020
I flashed this ROM on three identical phones, all using their original chargers and cables, and still can't charge them fast enough. ......

Firmware from China MIUI 12 stable version

Note: phone sold in Chinese mainland

zohar_ml

Apr 24, 2015
I’ve tried to update the rom but now I’m stuck outside of the system!

I had an image from ~1.5 months old and wanted to update the rom.
So I downloaded the latest version “lineage-17.1-20201019-nightly-ginkgo-signed.zip”
Boot into TWRP (V3.4.0.0), install the new Image, wipe dalvik, reboot to system but it kept booting into TWRP.
Another install did not help.
I restored the nandroid image I made just before starting the process but now I’m stuck on a black screen with “Redmi by xiaomi”

PLEASE help me to get back into the system

I’ve tried to update the rom but now I’m stuck outside of the system!

I had an image from ~1.5 months old and wanted to update the rom.
So I downloaded the latest version “lineage-17.1-20201019-nightly-ginkgo-signed.zip”
Boot into TWRP (V3.4.0.0), install the new Image, wipe dalvik, reboot to system but it kept booting into TWRP.
Another install did not help.
I restored the nandroid image I made just before starting the process but now I’m stuck on a black screen with “Redmi by xiaomi”

PLEASE help me to get back into the system

Reinstall ROM and Format Data (TWRP->WIPE->Format Data->Type yes->Swipe).
All data will be erased.

zohar_ml

Apr 24, 2015
Reinstall ROM and Format Data (TWRP->WIPE->Format Data->Type yes->Swipe).
All data will be erased.

For sure a clean install will work. I'm trying to not do it.
Why the dirty flash got into bootloop? have I did anything wrong?
Can I fix it without a clean install?

------
I managed to get back to working system without wiping.
I found a text file I had saying that the rom in use was "lineage-17.1-20200917-UNOFFICIAL-ginkgo.zip" so I download it and installed it from TWRP.
reboot and all is back.

So what have I done wrong?
Can I dirty flash a newer version?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
    • You tell me
    Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build and gapps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the Redmi Note 8

Contributors
    DarkJoker360, erfanoabdi
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-09-28
    Last Updated 2020-09-28
    if it helps with anything:

BUG REPORT - front camera not detected in any app including the stock camera app and Camera2 API Probe, normally causes apps that require camera to stop working.
    Flashing ANXCamera doesn't fix it but based on people's comments, it should work out of the box.

What is your--
    LineageOS version: 17.1
    LineageOS Download url: https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/fu...neage-17.1-20210125-nightly-ginkgo-signed.zip (also updated to 20210201 but doesn't matter)
    Gapps version: open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20210127 (also tried installing without gapps, no diff)

Did you--
    wipe: yes, step by step using the guide
    restore with titanium backup: no
    reboot after having the issue: did many times

Are you using--
    a task killer: no
    a non-stock kernel: no
    other modifications: magisk but doesn't matter

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    before flashing,
    updated to the latest MIUI Global 12.0.3 Stable (QCOMIXM)
    kernel version 4.24.227-perf+
    Model: M1908C3JG, the 4GB 128GB model

Stock camera: doesn't show the camera switch button, logcat: https://file.io/NGERieHfjn63
    Google camera (installed from Play Store): stops/crashes on switching, logcat: https://file.io/6yFQ7KyVRmpX
    OpenCamera: no front camera
    Most apps: crash

Bump!
    I have the same issue. Phone mfg batch 2020.11
    On the original MIUI 12.0.1.0 (QCOEUXM) ROM, the kernel (QKQ1.200114.002) reports the front camera linux module as being an OmniVIsion OV13B10 (ov13b10_ginkgo) in Device Info HW App. Also "Supported" is listed as 20 (maybe the number of bundled camera kernel driver modules).

On LOS17.1 the entry is missing, and "Supported" is 17

Maybe the missing kernel driver can be included in the LOS17.1 kenel tree.
    LineageOS 18.1 oficial?? when?

tank you for job a lot
    I'm liking this ROM very much. Now using for about 2 months since it came out, and so far it is fine.

No real issues whatsoever, and the battery is good. Which is what I want. So I will be sticking with it for the foreseeable future. Android 11 is not ready for primetime, and I have no wish to waste my time on it.

All this nonsense about GPS and fast charging not working is very annoying NOISE. I have no desire to read this rubbish. And that is what it is - rubbish from the clueless, feckless, unwashed and inept.
    You have China version? My phone PCOCNXM - China version and fastcharge doesn't work!
    I have the China version too. Fast charge works only in recovery (orangefox). I've had this problem for months now.