[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] [10.0.0] lineageos-17.1 for redmi 3s/p/x [TREBLE]

Search This thread

guitarist1983

Apr 21, 2019
This is the best ROM I've used on the Redmi. One major problem for me however, I cannot connect to the mobile internet! The only other ROM I've had this same issue with is AEX. I assume it's some kind of issue with the ROM and the carrier combined? I'm with Virgin Media UK.

mocha_latte

Oct 22, 2013
Has anyone tried (mira)casting? I successfully casted to a Samsung TV but it cuts off normal wifi and so disconnects from the internet. Looks like some conflict between normal wifi & wifi-direct.

Similar issue in LOS 16 (though once lucky I somehow got both cast and normal wifi working simultaneously). No issues when using the latest MIUI stock rom for Redmi 3s.

Found the answer to my own question.

I disabled "Turn off WiFi automatically" under WiFi preference and there isn't conflict anymore.

IIIIIIIII

Dec 23, 2017
This is my first Lineage rom experience and it seems that's the only rom where everything working as it supposed to be (for me). I wonder why Lineage officially dropped Land roms development?

amn1987

I've just found out that Lineage OS version 16 for Land is still officially supported

My suggestion is to try Fork LOS by Sairam based on LOS 17.1 (Android 10). Probably because its based on the much newer 4.9 kernel its very fluid. Plus compared to official LOS its got a few very useful extra customization options. If the battery health is still good idle drain will be very low as well. RAM management is good but can be an issue for 2GB variants.

IIIIIIIII

Dec 23, 2017
My suggestion is to try Fork LOS by Sairam based on LOS 17.1 (Android 10). Probably because its based on the much newer 4.9 kernel its very fluid. Plus compared to official LOS its got a few very useful extra customization options. If the battery health is still good idle drain will be very low as well. RAM management is good but can be an issue for 2GB variants.

My device has 3gb on board. After thorough testing of this rom I will definitely look into your suggestion, but my experience with a 4.9 kernels is awful when device is unable to reset itself with a backlid heating like hell. I have never seen anything like that before (4.9).

amn1987

My device has 3gb on board. After thorough testing of this rom I will definitely look into your suggestion, but my experience with a 4.9 kernels is awful when device is unable to reset itself with a backlid heating like hell. I have never seen anything like that before (4.9).

Among ROMs based on 4.9 kernel, I have only tried Fork LOS and I didn't experience any heating issue in my month plus usage. It helps when ambient temps are mostly in the early twenties due to relentless rains! Maybe if you had tried early 4.9 builds that could occur as it wouldn't be as optimised back then.

IIIIIIIII

Dec 23, 2017
Its a 4.9 ROM from a neighboring thread actually. Before developer switched to it everything was a relatively smooth sailing. Now it is not an option for me anymore.

Regarding the Lineage ROM: I use it as my daily driver. It has some glitches obviously but I'm OK with that as it provides all the functionally that WORKS.

Cheers to the dev

Richter1k

Aug 25, 2016
comming from 16.0 official i must say > nice 1.
i had some problems with lte support on 16.0 which is now solved with 17.1

anyways, 2 "problems"....
#1 i dont get the status led to work on app notifications, its working when i charge the phone but on push notifications no led is lighting up
#2, related to the above, instead of heaving the led, the screen will turn on shortly on any notification, how can i deactivate this?

IIIIIIIII

Dec 23, 2017
comming from 16.0 official i must say > nice 1.
i had some problems with lte support on 16.0 which is now solved with 17.1

anyways, 2 "problems"....
#1 i dont get the status led to work on app notifications, its working when i charge the phone but on push notifications no led is lighting up
#2, related to the above, instead of heaving the led, the screen will turn on shortly on any notification, how can i deactivate this?

Could you please elaborate on the LTE support while using LOS 16?

Richter1k

Aug 25, 2016
on the 16.0 i was able to set the carrier mode to gsm/wcdma/lte or global or LTE only.
this would have worked for some hours up to half a day max.
after that time, the card "moibile data" would still show that its active and has lte connection but i had no indication for any data transmission in the status bar, i only had the receiption indicator but no LTE or H or H+, nothing.
i tryed set the phone to airplane mode and back, nothing helped, eventually a reboot did bring back data connection but again only for some hours.
with umts/gsm olnly it did work fine.
this is now gone with this version, i have set the phone again to gsm/wcdma/lte and i have lte connection and if not it switches to whatever is available H+ or e

IIIIIIIII

Dec 23, 2017
Some Android 10 ROMs for land (Pixel Experience ROMs for instance) had the same LTE glitch, BTW. No idea whether it is an Android or kernel issue.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Does anyone know if we ever get official lineage 17 or is 16 going to be last?

May be it's a good idea now to jump over straight to the A11 devepment?

IIIIIIIII

Dec 23, 2017
on the 16.0 i was able to set the carrier mode to gsm/wcdma/lte or global or LTE only.
this would have worked for some hours up to half a day max.
after that time, the card "moibile data" would still show that its active and has lte connection but i had no indication for any data transmission in the status bar, i only had the receiption indicator but no LTE or H or H+, nothing.
i tryed set the phone to airplane mode and back, nothing helped, eventually a reboot did bring back data connection but again only for some hours.
with umts/gsm olnly it did work fine.
this is now gone with this version, i have set the phone again to gsm/wcdma/lte and i have lte connection and if not it switches to whatever is available H+ or e

Btw, I'm currently testing LineasgeOS 16.0 official (it is still being updated officially) and don't have any issue with LTE whatsoever. I totally changed my perspective on the older version of the LineasgeOS and probably won't install anything else. The quality of the software is excellent.

pianoforte63

Apr 7, 2020
Btw, I'm currently testing LineasgeOS 16.0 official (it is still being updated officially) and don't have any issue with LTE whatsoever. I totally changed my perspective on the older version of the LineasgeOS and probably won't install anything else. The quality of the software is excellent.
Lineage 17.1 for March 2020 has been posted on the web. The firmware is very crude, not suitable for use. Later versions are much better, strange that they are not there. Here is a link to the version I put myself
https://sourceforge.net/projects/te...-FORK-vanilla-20201115-0320-land.zip/download

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

LINEAGE OS 17.1

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
     Your warranty is now void, don't blame me for anything which happens to you device, if you destroy it and point a finger at me, I will laugh at you

DOWNLOAD

What's working?
    - Boots
    - Ril
    - Wi-Fi
    - Camera
    - Torch
    - Bluetooth
    - Volte
    - Audio
    - Video playback
    - GPS
    - Fingerprint
    - Etc

INSTALLATION
    -Reboot to recovery
    -Wipe system, data, cache, dalvic/cache, vendor
    -Flash ROM zip
    -Flash Gapps (Optional)
    -Flash Magsik (Optional)
    -Reboot

SUPPORT CHAT
    https://t.me/devrelchat

Bugs:
    - You tell me

Kernel : https://github.com/sweetyicecare/android_kernel_xiaomi_msm8937

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS for Redmi 3S [UNOFFICIAL] , ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi 3S

Contributors
    AdityaKevin
    Thanks to darshan1205 sairam60, zeelog, and JacobDeepu
    ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18.x

Version Information

Created 2020-01-06
    Last Updated 2020-03-29
    Update 2020-01-13 :

Rom side :
    - January security patch
    - LineageOS misc update

Device side :
    - Make build more smoother with aosp surfaceflinger
    - Added system ui to dexpreopt speed apps
    - Fix glitch while playing video on chrome
    - Update graphics, sdm, vulkan, media & time_service blobs from LA.UM.8.6.2.r1-03700-89xx.0
    - Update CarrierConfig overlay from LA.UM.8.6.2.r2-01100-89xx.0
    - Update config.fs from LA.UM.8.6.2.r2-01100-89xx.0
    - Update WFD from LA.UM.8.6.r2-03700-89xx.0
    - Fix sim selection issue for some user

Kernel side :
    - Rebased from lnx.3.18-r41
    - Merge tag 'LA.UM.8.6.r1-02900-89xx.0' of kernel
    - Merge tag 'LA.UM.7.6.r1-06700-89xx.0' of qcacld 2.0
    - Merge tag 'LA.UM.8.6.2.r2-01100-89xx.0' of prima drivers
    - dt2w supported
    - More
    Yo guys, long time no update :p here we go :

28 March 2020 :
    1.) Treewide device tree from zeelog
    2.) Bt audio and calls now should work
    3.) All blobs updated from CAF
    4.) Goofix fingerprint fixed
    Excuse me, is LOS16 running fine? I thought it's not well polished.

Enviado desde mi Redmi 3S mediante Tapatalk

I haven't faced any issues with LOS16. Been using it ever since it became official. I use it as my daily driver and as my only phone, for personal and work activities.
    In fact, out of all the currently maintained ROMs on XDA (Havoc, PixelEx, etc.), official LOS16, by far, is the most stable and battery efficient one.

I need to point out that I am a normal user, that is, I don't do professional photography on my redmi 3s and hence the snap camera is more than enough for me.
    I play games like mobile legends and clash royale.

My most used apps are,

- Calendar (stock)
    - EMail (stock)
    - Feeder
    - Fedilab
    - WhatsApp
    - Telegram
    - RevolutionIRC
    - Newpipe
    - Tickmate
    - AuroraStore
    - Udemy
    - Linux academy
    - Slack
    - Materialistic
    - Libretorrent
    - Epub3 Reader
    - CuprumPDF
    - AntennaPod
    - BHIM UPI (indian version of digital NFC payments)
    - Contacts and Camera (stock)
    @K7jhin any plans to make this an official Lineage ROM?