This is a guide on how to correctly Provision your EVO 4G for data and mms.
What you'll need
EVO 4G Thats Already Flashed To MetroPCS with Basic Talk and Text
Must be on $40 Dollar plan or better with unlimited Talk,Text,Web,MMS
EVO 4G Full Root and Nand Unlocked - Search XDA their are many forums for it.
QPST 2.7 Build 323 - Google It
CMDA Workshop 2.7 or any other version - Google it
Diag Mode Drivers - Download
Step 1 - Install Diag Drivers
1. Go to your phones dialer and dial ##3424#
2. Plug in your phone to the computer
3. Go To Device Manager and there should be a unknown device
4. Right Click on The unknown device and Click on Update Driver Software
5. Click on the 2nd Option
6. Browse to the folder where you downloaded the drivers
7. Let It Install
8. Once It Installs, depending If Your system is 32 Bit Windows xp through 7 or Windows Vista or 7 64 Bit the place where youll see the port will be different.
For 32 Bit, In Device Manager Check under communication Port and you'll see
the port for your device
For 64 bit, In Device Manager check under Modems and right click on the HTC Modem and go to properties. Go to the modem tab and you'll see your port there
9. Open up CDMA Workshop and select the port of your device and click connect and then read
10. Go to the security tab and in the SPC section hit read and thats your SPC code. Write It Down
11. Now Open Up QPST Configuration
12. Click On Add New Port
13. Uncheck the box that says Show Serial etc etc
14. This is what it should look like after you add port
15. Go To Start Clients and click on Service Programming
16. This will pop up just hit ok
17. This Is the next window that will come up
18. Click on Read from Phone and enter your SPC Code that you wrote down
19. Once it reads the contents from your phone, there will be a checkbox on the right side that says SPC Change Available. Check the box and change your the area that says Service Programing to 6 Zero's. Don't hit write just yet
20. Step Removed! On to the Next one
21. Go To the Display Tab and Change It To MetroPCS
22. Go To The M.I.P. Tab and copy the settings in my picture and be sure to set it to SIMPLE IP! Right now its set to MOB+Simple IP on stock HTC Phones
23. Now Click on the profile 0 and hit edit
Copy all the settings that are displayed in my picture. In NAI and Tethered NAI type (Your10DigitPhone#)@mymetropcs.com. In HA Shared Secret and AAA Shared Secret click on enter text string and type "metropcs" without the quotes in lowercase.
24. Now do the exact same thing for Profile 1.
25. Go To the PPP Config Tab Now and copy all the settings displayed in my Screenshots
26. Still while in the PPP Config Tab go to UM Section and copy my settings exact
Now for Tethered Nai and User ID type in your
For you password go to this website and type in your MEID or ESN in the box labeled "Calculate." Once you calculate your password(it will be called MetroPCS MSL) enter into your password box. You may find this on the top of QPST Service programming window. If you look at my pictures its the numbers located on top that are blurred out.
27. One You Have finished in the UM Section of the PPP Config tab go to the AN Tab copy the setting listed in my Screenshot.
This Time you cant enter anything in the tethered nai but in USER ID enter once again (your10digitphone#)@mymetropcs.com and the same MSL password you used before in the last tab.
28. One Finished Hit Write to Phone. You'll Get an Error, but dont worry just ignore it and then unplug your phone and reboot your phone
29. After reboot you may download my rom from here MetroDroid 1.0
and from 1st boot you will have everything working =D. Enjoy