Bluetooth keyboard and mouse...

Search This thread

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
Quick vid to show off HID profile support in 2.2 firmware builds, really enjoying it with TV Out, like having another laptop in the house (one with a 42inch screen mind). Need to sort out some remote desktop action, should be sweet with this setup!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21aVbYpgrRA

...and here is another showing the Zeemote in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8y5Z_Xc7fI

EDIT: Although I believe any HID-based keyboard/mouse should work, here is an ongoing list of those confirmed by users to work -

- Palm 3245WW BT keyboard, fully working on JPH and JPK ROM's.
- The wireless (bluetooth) apple keyboard
- Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 fully working on JPH & JPK ROM's.
- Logitech Dinovo Working like a charm. Keyboard as well as the mouse.
- DealExtreme Mini Bluetooth keyboard
- SU-8W is a go!
- Logitech DiNovo EDGE
- KeySonic "Super Mini Keyboard" ACK-340BT works, including the touchpad

EDIT EDIT: Just so its here on the front page - WiiMotes still do not work despite the addition of HID support.

Is anybody else able to confirm that BT HID devices do not work with the JPU 2.2.1 firmware?

Last edited:

oswade

Jun 18, 2010
OMG so HID works on 2.2? Does that mean apple keyboards and crap will work (cause they seem to be easily available, not that i like them "that" much)

I really want a close to fullsize BT keyboard (or something which is very easy to type with (i wanna use it for uni), any recommendations?

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
Before I updated to 2.2 I confirmed that with another user who was using an Apple keyboard, so I'm assuming its all good. By its nature HID-supporting keyboards should all work with 2.2 builds.

Zvenn

Jun 27, 2010
That's so cool! Thanks for sharing. Does that BT keyboard you use include the stand for your phone?

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
@Zvenn: Yep, it has the stand.

I've not tried WiiMotes yet, but another user says they still don't work (I'm inclined to believe him, since the WiiMote Android software only works with a particular BT implementation - not Samsungs).

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
Its an iGo Ultraslim Stowaway keyboard (Dell branded in this case because it was half the price of the iGo one, despite being made by them...not sure how that works, but was happy at the time). For my money its still the best ultraportable folding keyboard (its hinge mechanism is sheer genius), but sadly its been out of production a couple of years now. If you can get your hands on one somehow it really is great.

oswade

Jun 18, 2010
I impulse bought the microsoft bluetooth mobile keyboard 6000 (only cause managed to haggle it down by 20 bucks :)).

It doesn't work on JM7 (as expected. It pairs but doesn't connect), but I will try on froyo soon. I want to wait for official froyo or at least the next stable release before updating though.

I really hope this keyboard is compatible cause i just spent 80AUD on it lol.

bert269

Account currently disabled
Jul 17, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
I was using the Apple key-board on the G1...

I know, I know...I hate Apple too, but on my G1 I was connecting the the Apple bluetooth keyboard. Nice piece of equipment - metal.
Although it was not an automatic connection, I had to manually start the drivers every time I want to use it. A bit of a pain, but it was working fine....and that on the G1!

I'll try it sometime in the next few days and report back on how I did it and if it even works with the Vibrant.

sam213

Aug 31, 2007
hy guys

i have a very old version of Freedom Universal bluetooth keyboard.

i don't found the model on the Freedom web site, but is similar of these: http://www.freedominput.com/technical-support/technical-support/technical-support.

mi have follow the android installation guide concerning the universal keyboard pro, i have make a paring of keyboard, i have download and install the drivers, but a message tell me that this driver are only for a universal keyboard pro and not for my model.
some time ago, with my iphone, the problem was that my keyboard had not a spp mode, and for me was impossible connect it.
now, my impression is that the problem is more simple because i can make a pair, i can install the drivers and these work fine! but..i see this message and the keyboard don't work...
i know that this is a very old keyboard..but before change it, i want to be sure that i can't use them with my device android.
and second question..if i must change it..some suggestion for the model? i don't like yet universal keyboard, becasue i think that is impossible that this product is not supported in after market.

Rc-Blob

May 31, 2006
Aberdeen, UK
sam213 Don't change the keyboard. It WILL work with froyo. I have had the freedom universal keyboard for a few years now and it works great with any device that supports HID. (Nokia n95, n900, my laptop, lego NXT). The drivers that freedom input make are for devices which don't natively support HID :)

sam213

Aug 31, 2007
Hi Rc-Blob

thanks for your reply...

but..i have on my galaxy S already a froyo relaise (the "famous" jpk version)...
how i can connect thie two device to work with him?

i don't know what is the HID..samsung galaxy s support this? and if is supporte..how i can use them?

thanks and i'm sorry!!!

appelflap

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 9, 2008
Utrecht
I know, I know...I hate Apple too, but on my G1 I was connecting the the Apple bluetooth keyboard. Nice piece of equipment - metal.
Although it was not an automatic connection, I had to manually start the drivers every time I want to use it. A bit of a pain, but it was working fine....and that on the G1!

I'll try it sometime in the next few days and report back on how I did it and if it even works with the Vibrant.

The wireless (bluetooth) apple keyboard works great with the Samsung Galaxy S international (Froyo JPK). Absolutely no hassle. Turn on bluetooth, press a key on the keyboard and *bam* connected..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quick vid to show off HID profile support in 2.2 firmware builds, really enjoying it with TV Out, like having another laptop in the house (one with a 42inch screen mind). Need to sort out some remote desktop action, should be sweet with this setup!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21aVbYpgrRA

...and here is another showing the Zeemote in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8y5Z_Xc7fI

EDIT: Although I believe any HID-based keyboard/mouse should work, here is an ongoing list of those confirmed by users to work -

- Palm 3245WW BT keyboard, fully working on JPH and JPK ROM's.
    - The wireless (bluetooth) apple keyboard
    - Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 fully working on JPH & JPK ROM's.
    - Logitech Dinovo Working like a charm. Keyboard as well as the mouse.
    - DealExtreme Mini Bluetooth keyboard
    - SU-8W is a go!
    - Logitech DiNovo EDGE
    - KeySonic "Super Mini Keyboard" ACK-340BT works, including the touchpad

EDIT EDIT: Just so its here on the front page - WiiMotes still do not work despite the addition of HID support.

Is anybody else able to confirm that BT HID devices do not work with the JPU 2.2.1 firmware?
    d9ca9863-4d4b-a923.jpg

I have this version of universal keyboard.. I don't know if us a very old.or a special version of(you can see the menu button for Nokia symbian phone) but i have only a little.switch.. I have not a hid mode and the little.b button... I send you a little.picture...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Hmmm, strange. Is there a model number or something on the back (or maybe in the battery compartment) ?
    Could you post a pic of the entire keyboard please? Maybe someone else will recognise it :)
    Using the following guide I was able to make the German Apple Bluetooth keyboard produce the keys it is supposed to.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=504710

I attached the querty.kcm.bin file, which should work with most German QWERTZ keyboards. Just replace the original one (BACKUP!) within /system/usr/keychars

Edit: There are two keys, that do not work at all. The key above the tabulator (Keys: ^ ° ) and the between "y" and left shift (Keys: < >). Both do not generate a keycode, but a scancode, but I have no idea how to use those.
    Hold the blue button on the top while turning the switch to on position. You should see some lights flashing and then search for devices on the galaxy s. Enter the passcode on the keyboard and hit return.

and if you experience a jittery mouse (enable mouse with the burton in the middle) you have to calibrate it by holding the top two buttons (red and blue) down.

Enjoy.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using XDA App
    For that, I ask a way to "re-map" or fix these keys.

You have to patch the keymap in /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin file to use Spanish characters. There are more details about this file here: http://jahrome.free.fr/index.php/keyboard-mapping-android-htc-desire?lang=en

Use a hex editor like Winhex to patch the file. If you look back in this thread there is more info about patching definition keyboard files.