Vodafone live and jasjar

Search This thread

chrissyboy6969

Oct 5, 2005
I have a normal sony 3g phone and i can access all the vodafone live content with streaming video etc, how can i set my jasjar up so it can access the same content and stream video etc from vodafone

Cheers
Chris

admisi

Apr 23, 2005
First off, you need to connect to Vodafone live! using the wap connection details rather than the usual "internet" APN.

Set this up using the "Work" connection. Go "start", "settings", "connections" then click on the "connections" icon. Go to "My Work Connection". Click on "manage my connections" then click on "Vodafone wap" which should have wap.vodafone.co.uk under the number column (I am assuming you have installed the Vodafone CAB which automatically puts in this connection). Move across to the tab which says "Proxy settings". Tick the box which says this network connects to the Internet. Tick the box which says This network uses a proxy server. Click on Advanced, then tap on HTTP . Enter 212.183.137.12 in the Server box and enter 8799 in the Port box. Click ok. Right, that is first part done.

Second part requires editing registry. PEASE BACK UP your registry before proceeding. For Vodafone Live! WAP page to think you are a 3G mobile, you have to fool it into believing you are an 'approved' handset. For internet explorer, the registry key to change is:
[HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\]
Change (Default) from Mozilla/4.0 to 'Nokia6630' and clear all the other values such as compatible, Desc, Platform, UA-language, Version.

You may need to reboot after making these changes.

Once you've changed these settings, connect to Vodafone Live! (make sure you are in UMTS coverage) and goto: http://live.vodafone.co.uk

Now you should see Vodafone live come up in full view with images and extras. Sky TV is available but I still have problem getting it to link properly into the PVplayer. At the moment I have to copy the link and then open PV player and paste it for it to play. use the Pocket Plus Internet plugin to do this with ease. Sometimes some of the channels are not working properly, so go to Channel 4 and test that first. Hope this helps.

webcash

Sep 5, 2004
admsi
might seem strange i follow your instructions right the way through but then everytime i get to the live page it trys to download a file called my docusmts/If i try to rename or save elsewhere or even save as that name it says file in use by other program and wont let me do it.
Any ideas

Peter

ratcom

Mar 1, 2005
Nottingham, England
Would it not be easier just to make a note of the urls (link address) then connect your universal to the wap gateway (as directed by admisi) then enter the shortcut into pv player? This way would save you messing with pie? BTW I tried the instructions out myself however all I managed to do is make my pie crash (had to hard reset to fix things)

admisi

Apr 23, 2005
Thought the same myself about the URLs and even saved them all as favourites in PV Player. But, you guessed it, they keep changing, so URL doesn't stay valid. Pain in the backside.

aajs

Nov 10, 2005
Pvplayer

I am Trying to setup Vodafone Live on my XDA Exec according to the Instructions of this Forum.
Unfortunatley I cant find a copy of PVPlayer. does anybod know how to get it. ITs available on there site for a nokia for a very reasonable price, however I cant find it anywhere for Pocket Pc.
Any Ideas?

aajs

Nov 10, 2005
Authorization Failed

I think I am getting warmer.
I have entered all the settings as above.
However clicking the link does not launch the tv in pvplayer.
so I tried copying the link rtsp://stream.vodafone.co.uk/lv/lv01/live/vf-stream-t-27.sdp into the pvplayer directly, however I get a message saying Authorization Failed.
:( Anybody know what I am doing wrong?

chrissyboy6969

Oct 5, 2005
Thanks for the info guys worked a treat, only thing we need to fix is the live tv streams to open and work automatically in pvplayer, anyone any ideas how

Thanks
Chris :D

MurphmanL

Mar 15, 2005
anybody know where this vodafone cab is?
I don't have a clue what to put as username, password, domain or access point name if i try to create a connection manually.
I did find a cab Vodafone UK Contract.cab from Imate, but it did nothing, i installed it into main memory, resetted and nothing had changed so I uninstalled it again!

aajs

Nov 10, 2005
I dont have the Vodafone Cab File but here are the settings that u need:

Make an internet connection,
use cellular line GPRS 3G
Access Point NAME: wap.vodafone.co.uk
username: wap
Password: wap

then for this connection you need to setup a proxy.
Http: 212.183.137.12:8799

This should work i think.

chrissyboy6969

Oct 5, 2005
This is the cab file run it and it will install the vodafone internet and wap settings on your device then you dont need to enter any passwords etc.

I have done this and followed all the instruction byt cant get the tv to play it says unauthorised anyone any ideas

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• vodafone_uk_contract_622.cab
    60.5 KB · Views: 189
Reactions: liljoe727

MurphmanL

Mar 15, 2005
excellent, working like a dream over here!
shame that the tv's buggered tho :( any progress on this working?

aajs

Nov 10, 2005
ERm is that Cab file Above Complete?
I ran it however it does not seem to have added any connection settings?
it changes the registry to point to /program files/vodafone uk contract
however when I browse for that directory it does not exist.

admisi

Apr 23, 2005
I assume those guys getting Unauthorised Access are using Vodafone SIM cards with 3G enabled - otherwise you're wasting your time!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the cab file run it and it will install the vodafone internet and wap settings on your device then you dont need to enter any passwords etc.

I have done this and followed all the instruction byt cant get the tv to play it says unauthorised anyone any ideas

Cheers
    Chris