Saving outlook emails to storage card

Search This thread

Eldi

May 2, 2007
My exchange server is sending me the emails over umts as soon as they arrive but they are auto saved on my device memory.
How can I change it that it will be saved diretly on my storage card?
I would like to think that there is a way to do it automaticaly...

Thanks,

Eldi

This can be done using some of the memory tools programs- SK Tools, Memmaid etc. I think only attachments can be saved to the card, ratehr than the whole email folder.

However, I wouldn't recommend saving any system files to an external card- this goes for Email, PIE Cache, DLL's etc, as there is a stong likelihood that you will suffer corruptions or device lockups, due to the relatively slow speed of external cards, and the delay in initialisation when starting up.

Lazso

Apr 7, 2007
You may try this one:
Change the location of email and attachments

When reading and sending email in Pocket Outlook, emails and their attachments are saved in the device's internal storage by default. You can change this location to, for example, your Storage Card:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MAPI\PropertyPath = "\Storage Card\Mail" (REG_SZ string, no quotes) HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MAPI\AttachPath = "\Storage Card\Mail\Attachments" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

To return to the original location:

Just simply delete these Registry settings (since neither is included by default).

It is copy/paste from here:
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=WM5_Tweaks_Other

cs_e2

Feb 13, 2007
under options in the account settings window you can easily select this...
no need to use a registry editor...

Eldi

May 2, 2007
You may try this one:
Change the location of email and attachments

When reading and sending email in Pocket Outlook, emails and their attachments are saved in the device's internal storage by default. You can change this location to, for example, your Storage Card:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MAPI\PropertyPath = "\Storage Card\Mail" (REG_SZ string, no quotes) HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MAPI\AttachPath = "\Storage Card\Mail\Attachments" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)

To return to the original location:

Just simply delete these Registry settings (since neither is included by default).

It is copy/paste from here:
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=WM5_Tweaks_Other

Thanks, that loos like it should work... but... how do I reach the registry?

Michaelch76

Sep 15, 2010
Changing the path seems to be working for all new emails coming in, but how do you move the old emails and their attachments from the internal memory to the SD-Card in order to release the data memory? Where do I find this dataload? I desperately need an answer to this question as all the emails (and the same goes for calendar entries and contacts) are taking way too much memory space almost making my HTC HD2 freeze all the time... Unfortunately I don't have that much programs to move to the SD card in order to release space and the temporary memory files are frequently being erased as well....