Xperia X10 Mini: QWERTY Touch Keyboard

Search This thread

leeris1

Jul 9, 2010
Greetings,

I have just wondered which QWERTY keyboard is the best to use in your Xperia Mini?
Do you use Swipe? Does it work on Mini well?
I wouldn't like to type SMS, emails etc. with old-fashioned way (using original numeric keyboard).

Thanks for every hint,
Cheers,
L1

sridharrn

Account currently disabled
Aug 16, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
Greetings,

I have just wondered which QWERTY keyboard is the best to use in your Xperia Mini?
Do you use Swipe? Does it work on Mini well?
I wouldn't like to type SMS, emails etc. with old-fashioned way (using original numeric keyboard).

Thanks for every hint,
Cheers,
L1

Nope swype doesn't work, but u can try shapewriter, which works similiar to swype.

others which works well are AnySoftkeyboard(which i am currently using).

leeris1

Jul 9, 2010
Thanks. I just tried AnysoftKeyboard and somehow it doesn't work. I have found it in my phone settings under Locale & Text with, it's ON, QWERTY Latin SET, but apparently I missed something. (I also checked the quick button in the right corner of the screen when writing a message).

Any suggestion how to make it work?

humzafar

Oct 10, 2010
Touchpal

I am a big fan of Touchpal from my old phone (DSTL1) era. it works like a charm in my new X10Pro also. It brings one valuable feature to X10 the missing up/down scroll and editing features while typing/editing text/mails etc along with my fav cootek 2letter keyboard for easy typing.

VooDoo`

Sep 3, 2010
The problem with the mini is, that the original keyboard shows the keys AND the inputfield/sendbutton. 3.party keyboards only show the keys, so that you will get problems with the inputfield in the original sms app... thats funking ****.

I would prefer a qwerty keyboard only in landscape mode. unfortunately there is no landscape mode for the default sms app. :(

li_boud

Oct 3, 2010
I'm using HTC touch input on X10 mini pro, and it works wonders.. Worths a try if you are looking for qwerty keypad.. And it works with default SMS app

andymnc

Apr 17, 2007
try swiftkey.
it's amazing how it predicts next word...
i think it's the best keybord for x10 mini (tried a lot... )

li_boud

Oct 3, 2010
how did you get it work. I downloaded several versions, but no one worked.

This should work, try it.

* Simply download and copy the apk on your SD (or push using adb).
* Install it with package installer (or adb install -r method)
* Once it is installed, go to Settings>Locale & text
* Disable Default Input
* Then enable Touch input
* Change touch input settings if you need or want.

Attachments

• HTC_IME.7z
    3.8 MB · Views: 525

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Which version are you using? I tried this one : swype_1.54.28.7337-QVGA_PT-ASCII_SMS_EN_PL.apk but the letters in the far right, eg 'P'":" are missing in landscape mode, so I have to shift to QQ Input Method.

Thanks in advance for your advice ;-)

I found swype really slow to use.. Swiftkey is far superior (the prediction is the most amazing I have found, it makes it easy to type whole e-mails on your phone)
    (you can get a free 2 month trial in Market.. so its worth checking out)

Kiwi