FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

help help help

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By nad7602, Junior Member on 28th December 2005, 06:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I brought a nokia 6670 for approx. 320 US$ in may 2005. activated gprs from mobilink pakistan in august (i got that phone so i could surf internet and chat!)...and it's 500 pak.rupees per month for UNLIMITED gprs usage. 500rs. is about 8.5 US$.... yes... LESS THAN 10 US$ per month.

I wonder why that is so. btw, i use yahoo and msn messenger on the nokia6670. ;thinking of buying an i--mate but all confused. JAM here is for 33,000 pak rs. that's....560US$... with 128mb upgrade its about 593US$ but the guy at the shop said I can go aal the way upto 1GB which would cost 38,000 pak rs. (644US$)...

IS IT possible to use msn and yahoo messenger both on the i-mate or just msn?

also....i knw size matters and all. I like the big screen of the PDA2k but slide out keyboard seems risky... the PDA2 is available here too for 42,000 pak.rs. (711US$).. and K-JAM for about same price (711US$)....

I want something big screen and for large internet browsing so i enjoy watching pics, seeings movies, reading e-books etc. would need to stop wearing small pocket jeans though if i get the PDA2... so maybe K-JAM.

Also, whch out of these is most reliable as far as memory not getting lost and stability of system goes? no hanging/freezing etc.

Also, I use 2 SD cards with my cannon digital camera, one is 128mb and other is 256mb and i plan to use those with whichever IMATE i get. I have a 256 miniSD card with the nokia 6670. I wanna ask can I clip on the mini-sd card to it's holder and use that as a regular SD card on the Imate? I use the camera a lot for work so would love to be able to do that

Thinking of selling off the 6670 for about 200US$ and getting an i-mate in Jan.2006.. i look forward to being more active at this forum (great work admin after i do get an i-mate....JAM or K-JAM or what... :S Any advice and answers to questons above I'd be most thankful for.

sorry , one more question i forgot to ask!

Is EDGE technology dependent on the DEVICE or the service provider. I called my provider and the lady said it's regular gprs....

i'm asking coz the K-JAM has EDGE in it and the JAM doesn't...so...getting a K-JAM would mean faster browsing? not that i have a problem with the current gprs on the nokia... i even hook up the cellphone to my PC via USB when my regular cable isn't working and use the gprs... i mean, heck it's less tha 10US$ per month so it's my "backup"..

as u can see i've been doing research on all these imate models kind of stuff this last week on the internet before selling off the nokia6670 and buyng one of these

-nad7602

28th December 2005, 07:47 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Don't know all the answers but,

You can get Agile messenger for free that you can use with MSN and Yahoo if you have no other means. I use them myself.

Mini SD will fit into adaptor and can be used on SD devices.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)