First unnoficial rom released!

Search This thread

m4nu4l

Oct 7, 2010
Vilnius
Hey there lads, this is what i found while surfing some polish gt540 forums.

http://translate.googleusercontent....&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhiA400f24CULbxH7CEdS2iZ4_ittw

Seems like some russians (Quarx from 4pda.ru) have released first Unnoficial GT540 2.1 Rom, anyone brave enough to try it out ?

Differences in comparison with the original firmware:
  • Notification bar is black instead of white. Icons are also substituted.
  • The revised boot screen "Android"
  • Added search for voice / speech recognition.
  • Optimization of all uploaded applications
  • Added Root + Root Busybox and Explorer.
  • The manufacturer's software only is LgMail

Aperantly to install this, you will need to have Official Russian 2.1 rom, since it have fastboot.

cap201010130022.jpg
cap2010101300211.jpg

Last edited:

bakuj

Oct 8, 2010
Hi, I made this topic on Polish forum. I have it installed on my phone and so far no problems found. There is english language available so if you know english you can install it ;)

One more thing: you need unofficial Russian ROM with fastboot. Official doesn't have it. You can download it from here: http://narod.ru/disk/25473801000/out.kdz.html
But the connection is very poor.

Last edited:

mohicanrat

Jul 26, 2010
Hi, I made this topic on Polish forum. I have it installed on my phone and so far no problems found. There is english language available so if you know english you can install it ;)

One more thing: you need unofficial Russian ROM with fastboot. Official doesn't have it. You can download it from here: http://narod.ru/disk/25473801000/out.kdz.html
But the connection is very poor.

for better speed, download here http://kitaupload.com/download.php?file=827out.kdz

i already flashing to black version. its nice look rom.

skribbler86

Sep 30, 2010
yea I spotted that on the polish site yesterday. Ive been trying to put it into my gt540 but the only problem is I just cant get USB drivers to install fastboot. Whats up with that??? ADB works with no problems. Or is there something else you have to do while in fastboot mode other than connect the usb cable to the phone.... Any help would be appreciated.

mohicanrat

Jul 26, 2010
yea I spotted that on the polish site yesterday. Ive been trying to put it into my gt540 but the only problem is I just cant get USB drivers to install fastboot. Whats up with that??? ADB works with no problems. Or is there something else you have to do while in fastboot mode other than connect the usb cable to the phone.... Any help would be appreciated.

1. you must download here and extract to C:\usb_driverxx
2.if your phone using a eclair + fastboot then you must switch off your phone.
3. when your phone is OFF, press Volume UP + Search Button and Plug in USB cable to Phone.
4.When phone scree show "Fastboot mod" and your computer cannot have a driver for your phone. Go to Device Manager (Right Click on My Computer Icon, and select Manage, and looking for Device manager)
5.Open Menu Universal serial bus controller (in the right screen on the device manager). and expand all and select unknown USB bla..bla.. and right click and update drive. select the driver to C:\usb_driverxx.

FINISH for detect your phone in the fastboot mode.

Quarx

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 19, 2007
Omsk
www.quarx2k.ru
Hello

Hello everyone from 4pda:)
To translate my ROM to any other language, install "MoreLocale 2" from Adnroid Market.:)

m4nu4l

Oct 7, 2010
Vilnius
Hello everyone from 4pda:)
To translate my ROM to any other language, install "MoreLocale 2" from Adnroid Market.:)

So as i know, you are responsible for this rom, right ? :D Few Questions:
Any Bugs existing ?
What Home Launcher does it use ? Stock Android ? or Launcherpro ? ADW Launcher ?
Is the Phone rooted from the start ?
Are you planning to release updates of this ROM ?
Any chance you may try to release 2.2ROM ?

bakuj

Oct 8, 2010
I will answer you:

1. There are no bugs found yet.

2. There is only stock android launcher installed.

3. The phone is rooted from the start with Superuser.apk installed.

4. The updates are planned. On 4PDA Quarx wrote (from translator):
Plans:
1. Make overclocking available
2. Wifi Tethering
3. Swap
4. ext3/ext4 support

Mar 10, 2009
Feldkirch
is german available in this rom?
my girlfriend wants her phone only in german

does MoreLocale2 translate the complete phone to german or only partial ?

by
KK

skribbler86

Sep 30, 2010
1. you must download here and extract to C:\usb_driverxx
2.if your phone using a eclair + fastboot then you must switch off your phone.
3. when your phone is OFF, press Volume UP + Search Button and Plug in USB cable to Phone.
4.When phone scree show "Fastboot mod" and your computer cannot have a driver for your phone. Go to Device Manager (Right Click on My Computer Icon, and select Manage, and looking for Device manager)
5.Open Menu Universal serial bus controller (in the right screen on the device manager). and expand all and select unknown USB bla..bla.. and right click and update drive. select the driver to C:\usb_driverxx.

FINISH for detect your phone in the fastboot mode.

Thank you so much for your help! With the drivers you posted and the way you said to install it helped alot. Im now rocking this custom ROM! Thanks man, your the best!

mohicanrat

Jul 26, 2010
i put my name in status bar.
please looked.

Attachments

• device.png
    device.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

skribbler86

Sep 30, 2010
The status bar in the phone? If thats what you mean then post a pic up and let us check it out!

mohicanrat

Jul 26, 2010
hi master.... your rom is good look.
can you customize rom for indonesian version?

thank's