I'm a huge CHT fan and I'm very interested in creating custom widgets.
Do not expect anything awesome and bug-free. I'm still a beginner and I don't know how certain stuff work. But I still hope my widgets will make your day easier...
IMPORTANT NOTES (READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING):
- Use my widgets only at your own risk! HTC Sense is very fragile and can be crashed very easily. I release only widgets that are working on my device, but I can't guarantee that it'll work on your device too. If it's not working, than you're just unlucky. My first idea was to develop widgets only for myself and it's my good will that I'm releasing them here. Again - use it only at your own risk, I don't have much knowledge about how HTC Sense works and if you run into some troubles, I can't help you.
- Do NOT expect any eye-candy! I'm just a programmer, not graphic-master and I have serious problems with making anything (apps, widgets, web pages etc.) look beautiful. By the way - I'm using only built-in graphics. For example the calculator widget uses graphic from e-mail tab as background and buttons are just empty quicklinks. What does it mean for you? It means that if you use some skin which replaces e-mail tab look, then the same skin will be shown in calculator widget. I recommend to use only the default theme.
- I'm not Lua master, so my widgets are very limited to my knowledge. I started learning Lua about week ago only because it's the programming language used in HTC Sense (and CHT).
- You can post your widget request, but don't expect a positive answer from me due to the previous point. But if it's something what can be developed with my knowledge, then I'll most probably create it
- Feedbacks are appreciated as I want to make my widgets as good as possible. But please, do not write anything about how the widgets LOOK LIKE, only about how they BEHAVE and WORK
- Feel free to edit the widgets in any way you want, that's why I release kitchens too. Just please, mention me as an author and add link to this thread when releasing it anywhere.
See post #2 for widgets
- 18-feb-2011: June 2011 prediction went wrong, I'll have free time for development very soon, see this post for more info.
- 15-dec-2010: Sorry, there's too much I must do in very short time and I have almost no time for this. I'll continue with this project most probably in June 2011. See this post for more info.
- 31-oct-2010: Switcher widget updated to version 1.2 (bug-fix and more beautiful skin)
- 30-oct-2010: Released fixed version of switcher widget
- 29-oct-2010: Released switcher widget
- 23-oct-2010: Good news! I found a faster ROM so I can continue with development
- 21-oct-2010: Got pissed off by slow HTC Sense, switching to another ROM for some time. I'll be back sooner or later as there is no so well customisable alternative. For now, I want to have fast device. Sorry.
- 19-oct-2010: Uploaded kitchens
- 18-oct-2010: Calculator widget update to v1.1
- 15-oct-2010: Released stopwatch widget
- 15-oct-2010: Released first widget - calculator
MY TO DO LIST*:
- (high priority) Write a configurator for my widgets (like CHTE) and maybe integrate it with CHT menu
- (high priority) Fix the < -32768 ; 32768 > bug in calculator widget - needs external exe
- Reposition the button labels in calculator widget so they're in center of buttons
- (high priority) Make new CAB for switcher widget to make it compatible with non-WWE ROMs (now it's necessary to manually copy graphics from "Program files in your lang" to "Program Files") - I will need someone to test it as I use only WWE ROMs.
- Make the switcher widget compatible with CHTS - needs XML with texture paths
- Resize the touch area in edit mode in switcher widget to fill the whole widget - not sure if this will go well
- (high priority) Fix critical bug in stopwatch widget, which can cause CPU load and/or battery drain - should be no big deal
- Add the ability to use calculator widget as adding machine (requires configurator)
- Add the ability to make Home button in switcher widget larger (requires configurator)
POSSIBLE FUTURE WIDGETS*:
- Quote of the day
- Countdown timer
- Web search
- FB/Twitter update textbox
- I'm also thinking of some non-widgets-related CHT modifications as I have access to CHT source codes :P
* I do NOT guarantee that I'll make anything from these lists, they're more notes for myself than promises