Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

madnish30

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2009
New Delhi-India.
Hi folks,

This is the official thread to discuss what your next phone/tablet should be ?

OR

Which device is better than the other and why.

All threads found in General with this topics will be merged into this one, please use the quote to make sure a follow up can be done
Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:

osirisHTC

Mar 19, 2008
Please HTC .. make a 10 inch Tablet with Android !

Anyone know if HTC is considering getting into tablets ?
I'd like a wireless Tablet to do light surfing, read google news, and interact with my media.

Tsktsk

Jun 1, 2010
Android with lowest SAR

I'm deciding about my first Android phone. I want a phone with a very low EU SAR (0.20 - 0.60) and Android 2.1 - 2.2 . Can you help me?

osirisHTC

Mar 19, 2008
Anyone know if HTC is considering getting into tablets ?

googletabletlarge1-540x2941.jpg

Looks like they are !

HTC Upcoming Android Based Tablet Expected to Run Tegra 2

http://androidcommunity.com/htc-upcoming-android-based-tablet-expected-to-run-tegra-2-20100920/

deltree

Dec 23, 2007
and im sure it will be priced at 600-700 bucks which negates the whole purpose of a tablet....

egrep

Jan 16, 2010
Bremerton WA
igroklinux.com
[Q] Archos Android - 7" vs. 10.1"

I snagged a 7" Archos tablet, and it works pretty slick, but is only version Android 1.5 - very old. The 10.1" due out on 12/1/2010 in the US is reported to have Android 2.2 on it. Anyone have any comments on if the 7" will be upgraded, or should I return the 7" and wait for the 101?

tbohnert

Aug 6, 2009
Thailand
Archos has 2 7" models. The Archos 7" Home Tablet and the Archos 7" Internet Tablet.

The 7" Home Tablet only runs Android 1.5
The 7 and 10" Internet Tablets will be running Android 2.2 once a firmware update comes out.

My recommendation would be to return the 7" tablet you purchased and wait until the 7" Internet Tab or 10" Internet Tab comes out.

egrep

Jan 16, 2010
Bremerton WA
igroklinux.com
Yep, you nailed it.

Thanks tbohnert! Yeah, mine is the home tablet, not the internet one. Ouch. Did not even notice the difference in the store... Wondered why it was only 1.5...

Taking it back today... They should accept the return with the usual stupid restock fee. Sorry, this was not the 'droid I was looking for...
;-]

Last edited:

Graeme

Dec 30, 2006
Weybridge
Archos has 2 7" models. The Archos 7" Home Tablet and the Archos 7" Internet Tablet.

The 7" Home Tablet only runs Android 1.5
The 7 and 10" Internet Tablets will be running Android 2.2 once a firmware update comes out.

My recommendation would be to return the 7" tablet you purchased and wait until the 7" Internet Tab or 10" Internet Tab comes out.

Shame the 101 is not the same spec as the 70, no option for 250gb hd. Is that being held back for the 101 mk2?

The 250 hd doesn't seem to drive the price up too much in the 7" version, would have been v useful to have it in the 10".

Jester4424

Dec 6, 2010
[Q] Google Nexus S vs Dell Venue Pro

Basically I am deciding between these two phones (assuming I can get a functional version of the venue pro). I want your guys' input.

MOD EDIT:

Due to the increased Next phone advice / models comparison multiple threads we are creating this one to place all your topic related posts so we can keep them on a single place to help others to find it easy.

I will be moving all that threads/posts in to this one, if you need to discuss anything regarding your thread moved please PM me.

Thanks for your cooperation

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Senax and aleck1

Akulamenuri

Jan 17, 2010
Birmingham, AL
If you need a keyboard get the Venue Pro, otherwise get the Nexus S. I like Windows Phone 7 but im going to wait for it to mature first before I jump from Android.

Reactions: aleck1

N8ter

Sep 1, 2010
Venure.

After the WP7 update in Janurary many of the qualms will be eliminated with the platform, and the Nexus S is, IMO, worse than a Vibrant.

It just runs stock Android instead of TouchWiz.

The biggest advantage Android fans spout over WP7 (the ability to expand storage) is not there in the Nexus S because it lacks an SD Card Slot.

WP7 has a better user experience than Android, runs better than Android does on factorably better hardware - with the same major capabilities. Has better battery life. Has better Exchange support.

WP7 devices are infinitely better media devices than Android phones.

If you use mostly just basic phone/internet browsing stuff on you phone any would do. If you want something a bit more flexible (probably a flamebait term... /lesigh) then go for WP7.

The keyboard is not that big of a factor. I wouldn't base any decision on just that.

Reactions: aleck1
Thunderbolt slaps NexusS

unofficial specs for the Verizon Thunderbolt posted over at htcpedia...
http://htcpedia.com/news/unofficial-htc-thunderbolt-specs-are-insane.html

You know how HTC loves to blow everyone away with specs, almost as if they're screaming "KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!!" with their hardware? Well, if the image below is correct, then they're about to do it again with the HTC Thunderbolt.

This image, supposedly taken from a German retailer's system, lists specs for the European HTC Thunderbolt. And hol-e-carp are they amazing. Let's run though the spec list, shall we:

• 4.3 inch display (duh)
• Dual Core 1.2GHz MSM8960 processor
• Android 2.3
• 8 Megapixel rear camera
• 5 megapixel front camera (that's just obscene)
• 16GB internal storage
• microSD support for up to 128GB (read that again)
• 1800 mAh battery (why isn't this in every phone?)
• Kickstand (the kitchen sink of the phone world)

I think I just peed a little.

is this HTC's way of slapping Samsung and letting them know who should of really been the next Nexus?

hijackerjack

Jan 8, 2010
If this is real, I may actually gain some respect for VZW lol. They finally decided to put out a high power Android phone like T-Mobile. Lets just hope its not Bingified and locked down haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi folks,

This is the official thread to discuss what your next phone/tablet should be ?

OR

Which device is better than the other and why.

All threads found in General with this topics will be merged into this one, please use the quote to make sure a follow up can be done
    Thanks,
    [Q] Google Nexus S vs Dell Venue Pro

Basically I am deciding between these two phones (assuming I can get a functional version of the venue pro). I want your guys' input.

MOD EDIT:

Due to the increased Next phone advice / models comparison multiple threads we are creating this one to place all your topic related posts so we can keep them on a single place to help others to find it easy.

I will be moving all that threads/posts in to this one, if you need to discuss anything regarding your thread moved please PM me.

Thanks for your cooperation
    Wait for two reasons:
    (1) A swack load of new phones are comming out - you may be tempted by their features
    (2) New phones will drive down price of current phones, so you might be able to save some money by having patience.
    If you need a keyboard get the Venue Pro, otherwise get the Nexus S. I like Windows Phone 7 but im going to wait for it to mature first before I jump from Android.
    Thread closed, as it adds to confusion and no end result.
    Please search if your comparison has been posted before or not.
    If you are really sure that it hasn't been then and ONLY then post a new thread.