[Live Wallpaper] 3D Active Blocks **updated 5/22/11 **.

Search This thread

mmone3

May 6, 2006
denver
This is my first android active opengl 3D wallpaper. Its tilt sensitive and when you touch the wallpaper it causes a ripple effect in the blocks. I have some options to remove the random z axis movement and two different block textures.

I’ve only tested it on my nexus one, and I’m looking for feedback(ideas) and how it runs on other active wallpaper enabled devices.

Thank for trying it out.

Video preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttkBMfPyrXQ

Version update 3.2.3
Added grid rebuild effect when wallpaper comes back in view. Can also be disabled in settings.
Reduced app size, project cleanup and changed some textures to jpgs.

Version update 3.2.2
More work on gallery image selection and the image is now better aligned with texture.
More work on movement code, hoping this corrects the grid position errors

Version update 3.2.1
Rebuilt with target OS 2.1 and lowered texture size to help reduce FC's.

Latest version 3.2.
- Added gallery image clipping, to better size image to grid.
- Uploaded app to market.

Features and effects for version 3.1
- Sticky finger effect (item can stick to your finger and fall back down)
- Disable accelerometer option, saves on battery
- Optimized touch selection.
- Made changes to gallery image loading. Reduced memory footprint and better scaling. (still in work)
- Homescreen page position now tilts the grid.
- Worked on landscape mode. (still in work)
- New preference settings.

**Note It can now be downloaded from the market, just seach for "activeblocks" or use the below link.
market download link http://market.android.com/details?id=com.nibblertech.activeblocks&feature=search_result

Attachments

• screenshot_18.jpg
    screenshot_18.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1,466
  • screenshot_3.jpg
    screenshot_3.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 1,394
  • CAP201010141852.jpg
    CAP201010141852.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,092
Last edited:
Reactions: Odinbear

mmone3

May 6, 2006
denver
Why it asks permissions for Storage and Phone calls?

I'm looking into why its wanting those permissions, because the only one I use is ACCESS_SURFACE_FLINGER for object selection screen buffer writing.

Also I'm working on custom texture selection, which gives you the abillity to use any picture for the textures.

As for battery life, my wallpaper stops running when its not in view so that should help battery life.

Last edited:

izmar

Jan 31, 2010
Oregon
cool idea, but it needs higher quality images to start. maybe some additional settings to tweak the users experience?

imayoda81

Apr 27, 2006
How to remove this??????

for my dext it's tooooo heavy

can't find any way.. hmmm

edit.

es file xplorer can't find it but standard app remover yes... sorry :) (however nice app ;) )

thomasedridge

Apr 22, 2010
So I downloaded the app for my HTC Desire and sent it to me through mail. I installed the app and it said that it was installed. But I can't seem to find the app anywhere in my app list, anyone knows why?

astraelraen

Sep 13, 2010
Nampa
I tried this out, it seems to be pretty cool, but on the Droid X it seems to tile images. Maybe it is set to work with a certain pixel size image and tiles them if they are over that size?

thomasedridge

Apr 22, 2010
You can remove this when you go to settings --> Aplications --> Manage applications --> All
it should be in that list

anakin78z

Dec 15, 2009
So I downloaded the app for my HTC Desire and sent it to me through mail. I installed the app and it said that it was installed. But I can't seem to find the app anywhere in my app list, anyone knows why?

It's a live wallpaper, not an app. You set it as a wallpaper. That's why the thread starts with [Live Wallpaper] :rolleyes:

Hehe.

anakin78z

Dec 15, 2009
Very cool. Woul love to pick an album, rather than just a single picture from my gallery. Perhaps picking a set number of pics would be ok, also.

mills23

Oct 20, 2010
lwp

I have never had a problem installing apps before, some reason with this i get an error saying that no app can be found to install it. Any ideas?

The Cap

Oct 20, 2010
im a noob to all of this.. what steps need to be taken to get this onto your device? galexy s, vibrant to be exact

illcaptive

Jun 3, 2006
Its a cool live wallpaper its just makes my nexus choppy as hell, also I dont like the fact when you restart your phone and have a custom image the screen comes back on all white. Otherwise its pretty damn cool.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my first android active opengl 3D wallpaper. Its tilt sensitive and when you touch the wallpaper it causes a ripple effect in the blocks. I have some options to remove the random z axis movement and two different block textures.

I’ve only tested it on my nexus one, and I’m looking for feedback(ideas) and how it runs on other active wallpaper enabled devices.

Thank for trying it out.

Video preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttkBMfPyrXQ

Version update 3.2.3
    Added grid rebuild effect when wallpaper comes back in view. Can also be disabled in settings.
    Reduced app size, project cleanup and changed some textures to jpgs.

Version update 3.2.2
    More work on gallery image selection and the image is now better aligned with texture.
    More work on movement code, hoping this corrects the grid position errors

Version update 3.2.1
    Rebuilt with target OS 2.1 and lowered texture size to help reduce FC's.

Latest version 3.2.
    - Added gallery image clipping, to better size image to grid.
    - Uploaded app to market.

Features and effects for version 3.1
    - Sticky finger effect (item can stick to your finger and fall back down)
    - Disable accelerometer option, saves on battery
    - Optimized touch selection.
    - Made changes to gallery image loading. Reduced memory footprint and better scaling. (still in work)
    - Homescreen page position now tilts the grid.
    - Worked on landscape mode. (still in work)
    - New preference settings.

**Note It can now be downloaded from the market, just seach for "activeblocks" or use the below link.
    market download link http://market.android.com/details?id=com.nibblertech.activeblocks&feature=search_result