FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Galaxy 3 GT-i5800: root, gps fix, lagfix, upgrading (JPM/JPD fw)

153 posts
Thanks Meter: 52

By slumpolo, Senior Member on 9th September 2010, 03:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th October 2010, 06:24 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sorry if was asked before, can't find, how to switch i5800 to flash mode so Odin can detect device??? Or how to made Odin detect the phone... Is there somekind of manual for flashing 5800? Thanks and sorry for my english!
16th October 2010, 06:25 PM |#512  

More
dkorunic: thanks working !! god job

Quote:
Originally Posted by xensoul

Just a quick question. If i flash my phone can i backup my apps and stuff? Cause i have bought paid apps from the market. Flashing removes everything right?

Regards.

use titanium backup for backup and retore you free/paid apps
16th October 2010, 06:54 PM |#513  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliotJH

Any UK Orange people tried flashing yet? Seems to be a lot of talk about models from other countries. I hope I'm not the only one with this phone! (I'd love to get rid of the orange bundled-stuff)

hi elliot, ive been earching all over to ee if there is a foolproof way of rooting and flashing our uk i5801s and have had not much joy either!

i spoke to a phone shop buddy of mine who said he has the softwares to rewite imeis back but he himself didnt know anything more about rooting or flashing thee phones.

i think until there is a 100% success option for our phones and the reason rooting loses the imei and mac addesses, then all we are left with is to try it anyway and keep your fingers crossed that it works.

after all my searching tho, it seems that the est option is to flash our i5801s down to i5800, think someone said better to use one of the earlier firmware versions, and then try rooting them.

ut as everyone seems to keep asking.........if anyone knows the best way for us uk orange i5801 guys, please let us know so we dont brick our phones!!
16th October 2010, 11:08 PM |#514  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Rooting & flashing my I5801...
Hello !

I'm posting here because I made many modifications to my I5801 (Orange branded) androphone thanks to this topic, so I'll tell what I done to help other people with this phone if they want to do the same.
My phone was already unsimlocked when I started playing with it.

Quote:

HOW TO ROOT:

Well, I tried this at first, it didn't work because Orange completely locked the phone's firmware so you can't apply any update.zip file. I decided to flash it first.

Quote:

UPGRADING:

I launched Odin, prepared it and I put the phone on Download mode (start it with Home + Menu + Volume + Power, I don't remember if it's Volume up or Volume down, try both, there are 3 different possibilities depending of what you do with the Volume button...). I applied the I5800BOJH1 firmware with success (using instructions in the first post, in "UPGRADING"). I never lost nor my IMEI, nor my MAC address. IMPORTANT NOTE : I could NOT manage to make 3G work with this firmware, so I re-flashed my phone later with I5800XWJH2 and 3G worked, see under for more explanations.

Quote:

Tutorial -> Howto root your I5800 the easy way (without software and still keep all your data and settings)

I used BackFireNL's method to root my phone, now that Orange firmware locks were removed. It worked fine. I got a fully rooted phone.

I started then to download many apps, remove useless stock apps, change some settings, to use Wifi successfully and even to buy some handful apps like Autostarts, Dolphin Browser (donate), Root Explorer (this one is really handy !!), Titanium Backup (donate)...
However, 3G wasn't working due to the firmware I used (see above), I5800BOJH1. I made a full backup with Titanium and I re-flashed it with I5800XWJH2 (there are too many bad reviews about I5800XXJI2/I5800XWJI4 and their problems on this topic, I'll update again only if Froyo is available), it did work, and I rooted my phone again (same method). Restoring every app including paid ones did work fine, so no problem at all with root.

I replaced TouchWiz (without removing it completely, for backup purposes) by LauncherPro but my battery started to drain at an incredible speed, I couldn't even use my phone during a normal day without getting it with no energy. A few days later, I found out that TouchWiz was still running even if LauncherPro was used, I could stop it (I don't remember if I only killed it or if I used Autostarts to block it forever) and battery life got fully restored.

GPS never worked fine. I changed NTP servers values and I installed octy's trial app, now I could manage to get a signal (not easily, but I got it), the phone needs much time to self-locate but I tried it indoors today, I'll post some news about how it works outdoors later.

Thanks for all your work anyway, you helped me much with my new phone.

Some random remarks : I updated Busybox using the app available on the Market. The app itself failed but it gives a busybox binary on sdcard that I copied successfully in bin or xbin, I don't remember which one. I'm using a firewall (Droid Wall) too, which is very useful if you got a limited data plan and/or if you're a bit paranoid with your apps, but I had to install iptables which was not in the ROM. Oh, and if you experience connection problems when connected, don't forget to check the firewall...
17th October 2010, 01:13 AM |#515  

More
Talking
I successfully rooted my I5801 and also loaded Live wallpaper.....It is fantastic....a rookie like me can root a phone? i cant believe it..... i'm so Damn happy....thank you for all the help....my special thanks to rrreddy for rooting and Alex for live wallpaper....
17th October 2010, 03:11 AM |#516  
Flag TRIVANDRUM/TRICHY
Thanks Meter: 17

More
regarding cayanogen mod
friend,
can u tell me whether cayanogen mod is available for my samsung gt-i5801. if not available, then is there any chance for them to release it later for samsung 5801.
17th October 2010, 07:18 AM |#517  
Thanks Meter: 310

More
@amon59
Good explanation and will be helpful to many. Please put details about ' how to prepare ODIN'. Remember this is for beginners. Good one.

Even I am waiting for some good efficient custom ROM.

Sent from my GT-I5801 using XDA App
17th October 2010, 08:26 AM |#518  
Flag Arad

Donate to Me
More
Galaxy 3 video recording improvement
Is there any possibility to improve the framerate of video recording from 15 fps to 25 or 30 fps on Samsung Galaxy 3? I know that some guys managed to improve the capabilities of HTC Desire...
17th October 2010, 08:31 AM |#519  
Flag Calicut
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Does anyone know if we can use NANDROID BACKUP on i5800 ?

If any one has done, plz upload the installation instructions and other precautions...
Thanks in Advance ! :D

Also any info on OVERCLOCKING n METAMORPH are welcome
17th October 2010, 09:16 AM |#520  
Flag Arad

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijacdblz

most of the gameloft games and raging thunder 2 having problem with texture....
Also many working games like mystique do lags.
I dont know whether it could be fixable.....But if you are serious about gaming do not buy that
one........

maybe a processor overclock should help... there is such an application.
17th October 2010, 11:55 AM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rex4u

Edit :
My phone is not detecting USB connection. It does not ask me on USB connection and phone is not detected on Windows (but in Linux 'lsusb' shows it), only battery starts charging
What to do ?

I have this happen on quite regular basis with stock JG7 at least. It's not problem with drivers, because even without drivers, the phone should indicate USB connection once you connect it to PC. However, it just behaves as if you connected regular charger. And dmesg show is as modem something.

Anyway, after searching all over the internet, I found the way to get USB connection working again without hard reset. Try this:

1. Dial *#7284#. This should open app called PhoneUtil (there are other ways to get to it)

2. In USB section, swith it to Modem, then switch it back to PDA

3. Exit, and USB should work.

I think for some reason it stars working as USB Modem, because dmesg are same as when I manually switch it to Modem and leave it there. However, on PhoneUtil it doesn't show as Modem, it just behaves like one. Still, it can be forced back to normal PDA mode. Go figure.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
froyo, galaxy, i5800, i5801, live wallpapers, root, samsung

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)