[working] psfreedom v1.5 with service mode (ie downgrade)

Search This thread

axm9

Oct 1, 2008
los angeles
what's new:
before updating or downgrading read this http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/warning-red-alert-downgrading-kills-blu-ray-movie-playback-72562/

STOP DOWNGRADING RIGHT NOW!
IF YOU WISH TO SAVE YOUR BLU-RAY PLAYBACK!
UNTIL A WORKING CONFIRMED SOLUTION IS FOUND!

service mode (ie downgrade) This will not allow downgrade from FW 3.55

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14923408/psfreedom_1.5.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14923408/psf...alt_zimage.zip

insmod psfreedom.ko jig=1 to enable service mode

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK DON'T TRY TO TEST IT IF YOUR NOT PLANING ON DOWNGRADING I HAVE JUST WIPE-OUT A PS3 TRYING IT OUT AND HAD TO REINSTALL 3.41
ps3 downgrade how to

1. start android
2. open terminal emulator (programs/dev tools/terminal emulator)
3. type su
4. type cd sdcard
4. type insmod psfreedom.ko jig=1
5. plug phone into PS3
6. Turn on the console using the same boot method as all other jailbreaks: Press power then immediately press eject.
7. ps3 turns on then off automaticly.
8. disconnect your phone and turn on console to make sure you are in Factory/Service Mode. You will see a huge red box on the screen saying Factory/Service Mode.
9. Turn the PS3 off again.
10. Load any blank FAT32 USB flash drive with 2 files in the root directory:
  1. Modified 3.41 PUP
  2. Lv2Diag.self (File 1)
These must be the only files on the USB drive and must be placed in the main (root) directory.
11. Insert flash drive into the last USB port to the right — the first USB port in from the right side if you’re facing the console. Turn the PS3 on and you will see a black screen but the PS3 HDD light will flash.
12. The process takes 3-4 minutes for the system to install the old firmware. Towards the end, the power button on the console will start flashing green and then your console will power off.
13. Remove the flash drive and turn on the console, you will still be in Factory/Service Mode. Please verify you have downgraded successfully to version 3.41 by going to “System Information”. Turn the PS3 off.
(Optional) – If you wish to downgrade to any older firmware you can follow steps 4, 5, 6 using any regular firmware PUP. (You do not need to use modified custom firmware now that you are on 3.41).
14. Insert USB flash drive back into your PC and delete the PUP and Lv2Diag.self file (File 1) and copy the other Lv2Diag.self (File 2) to the root of the flash drive.
15. Insert USB flash drive back into the same USB port on the PS3 and power on your PS3. After 10 seconds it will power off.
Remove USB flash drive and turn on your console again. You will be out of Factory/Service mode and back in retail mode with your chosen firmware version installed. You will need to go through and configure everything again — PS3 video, audio etc…

added v1.4 for fw 3.15 only (3.41 port is in the work) thanks to LadyHope for testing it. just an fyi this payload seem to cause some games and homebrew problems

3.15 v1.4

3.15 v1.4 with an alternative zImage for people who are having a problem booting android

bin only for people how wants to use it with psfmod or other phones

adrive links

3.15 alternative zImage

can you still logon to psn?

please try these and give feedback

how to

change log

v1.0 psfreedom moved to pl3 with syscall 35
v1.1
v1.2 added fix for error 80010019 (MOH(medal of honor) fix)
v1.3 added support for Asbestos + fw 3.40, 3.21, 3.10
v1.3.1 added the psn patch for fw 3.41 and 3.15
v1.3.2 fw is spoofed to 3.50 (experimental) works on 3.41 only
v1.4 for fw 3.15 uses Xoeo's pl3 custom payload (read more about it here
thanks to LadyHope for testing this
FAQ

do i need to Plug USB to PC and Sync my device (until the end of sync in pc screen)?
no thats not necessary any more

do i need to restart android every time i want to jailbreak?
no you don't once you run insmod you can jailbreak as many time as you like (just make sure your phone is not in sleep mode)

can i disconnect my phone after jailbreaking?
yes you can

What's the difference between "Hermes" and "PL3"?
I don't really know a lot about Hermes payload as i've never used it but some people say that it has better compatibility with discless mod however as i have never used his payload nor have i used discless mod and Hermes payload works only on fw 3.41

can i use Hermes payload with psfreedom?
Hermes payload isn't Natively supported by psfreedom but with a little bit of work it is possible see here

how can i use Asbestos?
see this

how repeatable is this hack?

it varies from one person to another. out of 8 tries "unknown USB device inserted" came up only once with v1.3 fw3.41

can i login to psn?
the latest build (v1.3.1) enable fw 3.41 and 3.15 to go online

is it safe to go online?
i don't think so, not yet anyway, you should wait until the hack is implemented correctly

can i use Hermes payload to go online?
yes see here

is v1.3.2 safer then 1.3.1?

no it is NOT

be warned that you will probably be banned and sony may break you ps3 use this with caution

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. 2 users initiated the deactivation and could not perform reactivation. This does not mean it will happen to everyone however it should be noted we are on unchartered territory here. No one knows if or when this may end or the bans may come.

what are insmod, rmmod, lsmod?

insmod installs a loadable module in the running kernel. (to load psfreedom)

rmmod
unloads loadable modules from the running kernel. (to remove psfreedom)

lsmod shows information about all loaded modules. (to show you if psfreedom is running or not)

what is firmware spoofing?
read this

where can i find more info on jailbreaking?

psx-scene
direct link (right click save as)

3.01 v1.3

3.10 v1.3

3.15 v1.3

3.15 v1.3.1

3.15 v1.4

3.15 v1.4 with an alternative zImage for people who are having a problem booting android

3.21 v1.3

3.40 v1.3

3.41 v1.3

3.41 v1.3.1

3.41 v1.3.2

3.41 v1.3.2 (dropbox.com) with an alternative zImage for people who are having a problem booting android

rapidshare link

3.01 v1.3

3.10 v1.3

3.15 v1.3

3.15 v1.3.1

3.21 v1.3

3.40 v1.3

3.41 v1.3

3.41 v1.3.1

old files

Last edited:

axm9

Oct 1, 2008
los angeles
How to

Extract the archive on your sdcard (replace zImage/modules)

boot in WinMo. (not necessary any more)

Plug USB to PC and Sync device (until the end of sync in pc screen) (not necessary any more)

Run HARET and let it totally boot in Android WITHOUT UNPLUGING USB FROM PC
Unplug USB

Switch off (back switch) PS3 or unplug if slim

In Android Terminal > su > cd sdcard > insmod psfreedom.ko

Plug raph/Diamond to PS3

Switch on PS3

Power > Eject

if works correctly When XMB loads, under the "Game" menu there will be two new options, # /app_home/PS3_GAME and # Install Package Files.

Last edited:

gwon

Apr 23, 2009
Aberdeen
The .ko for 3.41 gave me an 'invalid module format' when issuing insmod...

EDIT: False alarm:: Must have been a copy error. Recopied, module loaded fine.

Testing now.

Last edited:

gwon

Apr 23, 2009
Aberdeen
Works perfectly. I was a bit stumped to start...it jailbroke on first attempt (very unusual for me :) )...But then backup manager and openmanager would load, but weren't working - ie they weren't actually loading BDMV.

However, a quick bit of googling told me this was due to the move from syscall 36 to 35 - and that either GaiaManager (google) or the new release of OpenManager need to be used, as they've both been updated to use syscall 35 (from hermes v3 and PL3).

Installed GaiaManager - everything is working beautifully.

axm9

Oct 1, 2008
los angeles
Asbestos how to

first you will have to read this

and you also need gscript to run this command

Code:
insmod /sdcard/asbestos/psfreedom.ko

cat path to stage1.bin > /proc/psfreedom/payload

cat path to stage2.bin > /proc/psfreedom/asbestos_stage2

e.g.

Code:
insmod /sdcard/asbestos/psfreedom.ko

cat /sdcard/asbestos/stage1.bin > /proc/psfreedom/payload

cat /sdcard/asbestos/stage2.bin > /proc/psfreedom/asbestos_stage2
a script + stage1.bin and stage2.bin is attach

thnx gwon for the feedback. forgot to mention the need to update the backup manger :p will add that to first post

Attachments

• asbestos.zip
    33.3 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

axm9

Oct 1, 2008
los angeles
Hermes payload how to
to use Hermes's payload you will need the original psfreedom witch you can find in this post you will also need gscript lite (can be found here or android market)
and the zImage and modules from psfreedom_3.41_v1.3.zip(they are already included in Hermes_payload.zip) this way you can have both pl3 and Hermes
now the actual how to :p
download and extract psfreedom_3.41_v1.3.zip (from first post) to root of your sdcard (not necessary if you only want Hermes)

download and extract Hermes_payload.zip to root of sdcard (there should be two new folders one called hermes the other is gscript)

in gscript press Home Button add script > name it psfreedom pl3 or what ever >
in script box write
Code:
insmod /sdcard/psfreedom.ko
> save (make sure that'use su' option is on) this is for pl3 (not necessary if you only want Hermes)

in gscript press Home Button add script > name it Hermes payload or what ever >
in script box write
Code:
insmod /sdcard/hermes/psfreedom.ko

cat /sdcard/hermes/hermesv4.bin > /proc/psfreedom/payload
> save (make sure that'use su' option is on) this is for Hermes payload

(if you use the new keymaps then use center button instead of home button)

you can add all your script to your home screen by pressing the menu button (home or center button) add shortcut > gscript > (name of script you want to add)
those two script are already included in Hermes_payload.zip under gscript folder you can add them to gscript by pressing 'Home Button add script > load file'

to switch from one payload to the other all you have to do is run 'rmmod psfreedom' in terminal or write a script for it in gscript and after you run it you can choose the other payload with out restarting you phone.

FYI the command 'cat /sdcard/hermes/hermesv4.bin > /proc/psfreedom/payload' can't be used with the newer psfreedom.ko and that why you need both the old one and the new one

download link Hermes payload

hermes + psn patch (thnx to bigd5783 from psx-scene for providing the bin)

hermes + psn patch rapidshare

hermes + psn patch + 3.50 spoofing

hermes + psn patch + 3.50 spoofing bin only

be warned that you will probably be banned and sony may break you ps3 use this with caution

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. 2 users initiated the deactivation and could not perform reactivation. This does not mean it will happen to everyone however it should be noted we are on unchartered territory here. No one knows if or when this may end or the bans may come.

Last edited:

azngl

Oct 1, 2009
I can confirm it is working on touch pro with Froyo cyanogenmod 6.
But I think I lost wifi while upgrading to your version

azngl

Oct 1, 2009
Oh thank you!

I am on 3.41

If I got it right I should use those modules with the zImage and the psfreedom.ko you provided, and I should be able to use wifi again, right?

EDIT: It still doesn't work, I may be doing somethign wrong...

Last edited:

Cyber Akuma

May 28, 2008
Cyber Akuma

is it working?

Hmm, is the step where I need to sync my phone with ActiveSync really absolutely necessary? Because I can't get it to sync ever since I installed Tael Rom.

I don't understand why ActiveSync would have anything to do with it when haret would close Windows Mobile anyway

azngl

Oct 1, 2009
Hmm, is the step where I need to sync my phone with ActiveSync really absolutely necessary? Because I can't get it to sync ever since I installed Tael Rom.

I don't understand why ActiveSync would have anything to do with it when haret would close Windows Mobile anyway

The ActiveSync step is to put the usb port of the Raph into the the right mode. So yes it is necessary.

axm9

Oct 1, 2008
los angeles
The ActiveSync step is to put the usb port of the Raph into the the right mode. So yes it is necessary.

you don't really have to have ActiveSync just make sure that under menu/setting/connections/usb to pc you have ActiveSync selected and to plug you phone to your pc before running HaRET

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    that puts it into service mode but how do you take it out of service mode?

from my understanding

1. start android
    3. type cd sdcard
    5. plug phone into PS3 and tunr on with the standered start then eject
    6. ps3 turns on then off automaticly.
    7. PS3 is now in service mode
    8. plug in usb drive with updat.pup file and turn on PS3
    9. no video but orange HDD light will be blinking and ps3 will tunr off when done.(10 minute install)
    10. turn on ps3 and check that it downgraded properly(still in service mode)
    11. if all is well turn off ps3 and pull power
    12. plug phone back in with insmod psfreedom.ko jig=1 still loaded and tunr on ps3 with power the eject.
    13. PS3 should be out of service mode and downgraded.

How did I do? I know it seems easy once you have done it but I have run into simple steps that are left out of instruction cuase it seems like a no brainer but when you are doing something the first time and it wont work it gets frustraiting.

will first thing you need to do is backup you data form ps3 harddrive because it is going to be wiped-out then do this

1. start android
    3. type su
    4. type cd sdcard
    5. plug phone into PS3
    6. Turn on the console using the same boot method as all other jailbreaks: Press power then immediately press eject.
    7. ps3 turns on then off automaticly.
    8. disconnect your phone and turn on console to make sure you are in Factory/Service Mode. You will see a huge red box on the screen saying Factory/Service Mode.
    9. Turn the PS3 off again.
    10. Load any blank FAT32 USB flash drive with 2 files in the root directory:
    1. Modified 3.41 PUP
    2. Lv2Diag.self (File 1)
    These must be the only files on the USB drive and must be placed in the main (root) directory.
    11. Insert flash drive into the last USB port to the right — the first USB port in from the right side if you’re facing the console. Turn the PS3 on and you will see a black screen but the PS3 HDD light will flash.
    12. The process takes 3-4 minutes for the system to install the old firmware. Towards the end, the power button on the console will start flashing green and then your console will power off.
    13. Remove the flash drive and turn on the console, you will still be in Factory/Service Mode. Please verify you have downgraded successfully to version 3.41 by going to “System Information”. Turn the PS3 off.
    (Optional) – If you wish to downgrade to any older firmware you can follow steps 4, 5, 6 using any regular firmware PUP. (You do not need to use modified custom firmware now that you are on 3.41).
    14. Insert USB flash drive back into your PC and delete the PUP and Lv2Diag.self file (File 1) and copy the other Lv2Diag.self (File 2) to the root of the flash drive.
    15. Insert USB flash drive back into the same USB port on the PS3 and power on your PS3. After 10 seconds it will power off.
    Remove USB flash drive and turn on your console again. You will be out of Factory/Service mode and back in retail mode with your chosen firmware version installed. You will need to go through and configure everything again — PS3 video, audio etc…
    will this work for htc desire GSM
    is the modified firmware jailbroken or do i have to jailbreak it
    hey ali_loly yes the same steps should work for the desire and the modified pup file (firmware file) is so you can downgrade and not a permanent jailbreak (so you still need to jailbreak you ps3 every time you turn it on)
    thx to the quick reply but could you link me to an easy thread that is step by step for how to jailbreak it
    first you need to do this on your phone

• reboot your Desire to the recovery image - Download 'Quick Boot' from the Market to allow quick rebooting to recovery.
    • Choose PSFreedom settings from the recovery menu
    • Choose your PS3's Firmware version
    • After a short pause, follow the on screen guide

then

Switch off (back switch) PS3 or unplug if slim

connect your phone to you ps3

Switch on PS3

Power > Eject in less the 2 second

if done correctly you will see two new options under the "Game" menu , # /app_home/PS3_GAME and # Install Package Files, When XMB loads

psfreedom desire wiki page