31 posts
Thanks Meter: 19

By Apeman42, Member on 19th October 2010, 01:04 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th October 2010, 08:35 AM |#11  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Have we not figured out how to use log copy? It doesn't seem to like anything i plugged in to copy to...
20th October 2010, 10:05 AM |#12  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App
20th October 2010, 01:41 PM |#13  
OP Member
Flag Cambridge MA

Donate to Me
More
Great job guys! My friend is going to be getting a GTV later this week, and I will try to get it from him before he boots it up. Guess I will stop trying USB A to USB A.

Will post results later tonight.
20th October 2010, 05:21 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Another possibility is to try and find the kernel source. If you look in Settings, system Information, Open Source Licenses, there is a site on Google Code that is supposed to contain the GPL'd components:

http://code.google.com/p/googletv-mirrored-source/

Going there doesn't show much except one user space component, and a link to a Sony mirror site:

http://products.sel.sony.com/opensource/

I couldn't find anything useful on the Sony site, but maybe someone else will have better luck.

I'll also try plugging in a USB Serial adapter, but my expectations are pretty low that I'd be able to get a console from that. It's interesting that there are so many USB ports on the Google TV. I wonder what other USB peripherals might be supported? I can see the front port being used for a USB memory stick, and maybe one on the back for a camera, but that still leaves two unused ports. Any idea what Sony/Google might have intended them for?

-Howard
http://www.magicandroidapps.com - Home of Better Terminal Emulator Pro
20th October 2010, 06:20 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
hmm
I have this unit and usb keyboards and mice do work . Also iremember a rep saying the logitech cam would work with the sony blu-ray also. I think you would need to wait for the android store to open though for an app that uses it.
20th October 2010, 09:41 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hharte

I couldn't find anything useful on the Sony site, but maybe someone else will have better luck.

Did you look here : sony.net/Products/Linux/TV/NSZ-GT1.html
20th October 2010, 10:59 PM |#17  

More
That looks like it, thanks! Nice that they have minicom and busybox listed there, so there is hope that some hacking tools are preloaded on the Google TV.

-Howard
20th October 2010, 11:39 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Not sure if this helps anyone or not, but i ran a port scan on my box and there are 2 ports 9551 and 9552 that are accepting TCP connections.

nmap -p - <IP address of NSZ-GT1>

result :

PORT STATE SERVICE
9551/tcp open unknown
9552/tcp open unknown

I tried to get ADB to connect to those ports but did not work.

Steps that I tried :

1) export ADBHOST=<IP address of my PC>
2) adb kill-server
3) adb devices

No ADB devices were returned

4) adb connect <IP address of Sony NSZ-GT1>:9551
5) adb shell

Got error "error: device offline"

6) repeat steps 4 and 5 except with port 9552 and got same result

I am no expert in any of this stuff so the above might just be sending someone down a rabbit hole but I figured I might share in case it might be helpful to some of the smarter people on here.
20th October 2010, 11:49 PM |#19  

More
Try "adb devices" and see if it show anything.

I looked at the kernel from the Sony site:
http://www.sony.net/Products/Linux/TV/NSZ-GT1.html

Here are some findings:
Linux kernel version: 2.6.23.18_nl-btv

Kernel config:
arch/i386/configs/btv_defconfig

CONFIG_USB_SMSC9500=m
Note the SMSC 9500 USB/Ethernet is one of only two loadable modules in the kernel config. Maybe this has some significance, like maybe they use a second Ethernet port for development.

-Howard
20th October 2010, 11:53 PM |#20  
OP Member
Flag Cambridge MA

Donate to Me
More
Very interesting.... I am thinking of getting a second unit to try to intercept the update.zip.... would anyone be able to tell me how I would do this?
21st October 2010, 12:01 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apeman42

Very interesting.... I am thinking of getting a second unit to try to intercept the update.zip.... would anyone be able to tell me how I would do this?

You could get a hub, connect a PC and Sony ITV box to the hub and sniff packets in promisc mode using wireshark. Filter HTTP request URLs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)