20th October 2010, 11:07 AM |#11  
OP Inactive Recognized Themer
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 13,235

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigit

I don't know when you wake up but that could be like 14 - 15 hours that you mentioned which possibly isn't all that bad (plus the extra 10% you had remaining). Personally I want to see what it's like when you unplug it at 8am, not at 5pm the night before since I can't see any good reason not to leave the phone charging over night anyway.

If you then manage to get about 10 to 12 hours or so then there probably isn't much issue. Granted you weren't using it while asleep so the battery shouldn't drain overly quick but I wouldn't want to use your test as an example of a days use.

Thanks for the info but. If I was you I'd just have a car charger too if you like to use GPS...I can't see any reason not to.

Yeah, I would normally charge overnight, but since I had given a charge through to 5pm I wanted to see how it lasted....see if I could get through 24 hours. I wake up at 5am, so that was around 12 hours, with only 5-6 of those hours being time when I would've actually been using the phone. This is also bearing in mind that I had started yesterday on a full charge and the phone was dead by 2pm.

The GPS thing in the car was only to do a quick test, literally 10 mins. I need to buy a new car charger with micro USB, but I just made a note that I had done this because I knew it would affect the battery.

Anyway, we'll see what today brings.
20th October 2010, 11:30 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basil3

Anyway, we'll see what today brings.

Looking forward to it.

And yeah, for me personally a "days" charge really only needs to equate to about 12 - 14 hours. Thats probably the longest I'll go without having a charge anyway unless I'm camping or something in which case I'll likely fall back to a Nokia anyway.
20th October 2010, 11:52 AM |#13  
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, just to add my experience with a complete different phone e.g. iPhone 3GS (developing apps on it, now switching to Android ):
Charge at night till 8 a.m. so 100% then usually in a day:

- Go to office, read/write emails, surf a bit on forums, blogs and so on
- Make call up to 30-60 minutes per day
- Play some games, test our application/games on it (so connect and receive some extra charge)
- Use WiFi at office
- Use Google Maps up to 15 minutes per day
- Back at home at 8 p.m.
- Use again emails and surf on web for 30 minutes

Around 11-12 p.m. it has less than 25% of battery, so 14-15 hours of usage drain battery up to finish it, not to mention that I'm forced to switch off push notification because they drain my battery in 5 hours!!!!
So just to say that, no one is perfect, and this devices today really do a lot of stuff, I think as Smigit suggest 12-14 hours are acceptable.
Have also tested/used iPhone 4, I don't seen any big improvements on that side.
Just my two cents...
20th October 2010, 12:01 PM |#14  
Flag AK
Thanks Meter: 7

More
praying for decent battery, please please please!

My HTC legend is pretty poor really, but I can live with it. If DHD is worse I don't think I can pull the trigger.

There is a thread in th Legend section about 1800mh HTC batteries (from another phone) that fit the Legend. Maybe there will be an option to do something similar with DHD.

I would pay £50 more for a 1500mh battery - why did they put the smallest battery in the largest screen?
20th October 2010, 12:35 PM |#15  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoMil

why did they put the smallest battery in the largest screen?

LOL, that's why everyone wonders
20th October 2010, 12:53 PM |#16  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 316

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoMil

praying for decent battery, please please please!

My HTC legend is pretty poor really, but I can live with it. If DHD is worse I don't think I can pull the trigger.

There is a thread in th Legend section about 1800mh HTC batteries (from another phone) that fit the Legend. Maybe there will be an option to do something similar with DHD.

I would pay £50 more for a 1500mh battery - why did they put the smallest battery in the largest screen?

can anyone confirm that the 1800mAh for Droid Incredible (that fits HTC Legend) fits desire HD too???
20th October 2010, 01:01 PM |#17  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by override182

can anyone confirm that the 1800mAh for Droid Incredible (that fits HTC Legend) fits desire HD too???

maybe a photo or model no(if any) of battery can help us?
20th October 2010, 01:05 PM |#18  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 316

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcd

maybe a photo or model no(if any) of battery can help us?

maybe no.. cuz its slided up.. ive just noticed while watching the vid.. hurm.. good luck for us waiting for a 1800mAh then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il1NBIJdx5M
http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com...0-1800mah.html
20th October 2010, 01:06 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 60

More
No the battery doesnt fit with the Desire HD, if you watch some pictures of your 1800mah battery and than go and take a closer look at the DHD's battery, you will recognize that the pins of the DHD-battery are on its side. the pins from the Incredible Battery are on the bottom.
20th October 2010, 01:33 PM |#20  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 1,806

More
In 2 hours 30 min heavy heavy heavy use, the battery dropped 20%.

Will do a full day test 2 morrow.
20th October 2010, 01:38 PM |#21  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmoo

In 2 hours 30 min heavy heavy heavy use, the battery dropped 20%.

Will do a full day test 2 morrow.

wow it's really mind confusing while others finish the battery within 3,5 hours
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)