[ICONS] <") Roosticity Icons to suit .sencity theme [updated Nov14]

Search This thread

Rooster100

Apr 13, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Roosticity icon set 20.10.2010
Almost 300 sharp vector icons to suit .sencity theme

Have you seen the superb new .sencity theme by _LeCiel_? It's clean, simple and STUNNING!

But some bits are not quite finished yet and like many of you who have tried it and are hooked on the look, I am impatient and want more- and want it NOW!:p My old program icons looked like a dogs breakfast sitting next to the slick .sencity design and it was already driving me nuts - and LeCiel had only released the theme the week before!

So I got all fired up and put this icon pack together and now my phone looks almost all .sencity. I now walk taller, my teeth are much whiter and now a single look from me makes the ladies go weak at the knees.:cool:...:D

So this is the Roosticity Icon set – I hope you enjoy them!

LATEST UPDATE:
14th November, 2010
Major update- have completed all "Standard ROM" icons including settings folder. Covers all Energy(.sencity) HD2 Leo and Blackstone ROM icons- please let me know if I've missed any. Remember, this will also cover other (non Energy) .sencity ROMS and other Energy ROMS (Rhodium etc) except for the occasional icon which can be changed manually with JWMD etc. (I've focussed on Energy ROM simply because that's what I use).

Also, have now separated the zipped packs into "Standard ROM" and "Extra App" packs assuming the standard ROM packs won't require as much updating from now on. Don't forget you can use icons contained in the "Standard ROM" pack for any of your custom apps also, so have a look in both packs for what you need.

THANKS of course to _LeCiel_ for a fantastic theme- the .sencity thread is here.

THANKS TO CONTRIBUTORS:
They drive us pretty hard at the Roosticity Icon Sweatshop, so if you know anyone that can do an honest days work for an honest days pay (well actually it's chicken feed) then I'd be glad to hear from you. :) Contributions welcome.
LYCOX thanyou for additional icons - find these extra icons here at post 16 of this thread. Lycox icons up to last update are included within the Roosticity pack.
COLOSSUS_R thankyou for additional icons- find these extra icons here at post 78 of this thread. Colossus icons will be added to the Roosticity pack with the next major update.

SEE BELOW THE PREVIEW IMAGE FOR HOW TO INSTALL & OTHER INFO... (Check the PDFs attached for a preview of the full set)

sampleroosticityiconsno.jpg

REQUEST AN ICON OR MAKE YOUR OWN click on this link to post 34.

ROM CHEFS:
You're welcome to use these icons but please add a post here so we can take a peek at your work, and if you are using the .sencity theme then why not add a link back to here so your users can more easily find icons for the additional programs they load

ALSO THANKS TO:

Thanks to the following for vector source files: Reflection Icon Set by Webdesigner Depot, FREEGINE Vector Icon Set and the Liquidicity icon set by Go Squared.

UPDATES HISTORY:
11th November, 2010
Minor update: Some corrections and additions. Standard ROM pack almost complete- some settings folder icons to come in next major update.
3rd November, 2010
Updated zipped folder to include all the "Standard ROM" icons included in the cab plus a stack of icons for additional programs. Includes extra icons Lycox has contributed up to this date. Now almost 200 icons in total.

2nd November, 2010 (Melbourne Cup Day)
Completed icons for apps that are selectable through Cookies Home Tabs and put in to a CAB. This CAB also covers all start menu icons apart from icons in settings folder.

HOW TO LOAD ICON
SET:

A) CAB
1. Copy cab file to your SD Card or phone and run it. The cab will replace the standard start menu icons that come with most ROMs.
2. You will need to clear the HTC Sense icon cache to update the icon links in Sense, and then soft reset. (Use either JWMD as below point B.3, or there's a small utility to do this called SICC (Sense Icon Cache Clearer), or manually by deleting all .png files in ProgLauncher folder (Application Data>HTC>ProgLauncher).
3. There may be a few left over that need to be changed manually with
JWMD due to ROM and icon naming differences. Icons for extra applications that you have loaded will not be replaced automatically, so match an icon from the zipped file to your application and change manually with JWMD.
4. If you want to change back to your original set-up, simply un-install Roosticity from your Remove Programs menu (this won't remove icons changed with JWMD- you will need to remove those ones with JWMD)

B) MANUALLY or with JWMD Icon Changer
You can manually rename and copy and paste icons into the correct locations, but
I used JWMD Icon Changer to do mine initially, so below describes that method.

1. Download the ZIP from the link below and copy the extracted folder somewhere on your SD card.
2. Use JWMD Icon Changer to replace the existing icons (read instructions from that thread on how to do it- it’s simple)

3. Clear HTC Sense Icon Cache. (JWMD has a feature to clear the HTC Sense icon cache under Menu> Tools> HTC Sense Tools> Clear Icon Cache.)
4. Select yes to Soft Reset.
5. DONE!

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD: STRICTLY NO DOWNLOAD MIRRORS- provide a link to this thread on XDA instead :). Plus- use your THANKS button if you get some use out of these!

Attachments

• Roosticity_Icons_STD_ROM_V3_14Nov.cab
    2.3 MB · Views: 11,752
Last edited:

Rooster100

Apr 13, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Very nice work.

please try to provide us more icons for other programs

thanx for the share......nice job,

Great work!

Always nice to see new members contributing from the getgo :D!

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like them - I enjoyed being able to add something :)

Re new icons yes there will be more, but I don't get chunks of free time regularly so can't promise it will be regular and fast! However, I'll add a request list to the first post which will hopefully make it easier for others out there to help add to and improve this pack.:rolleyes:

_LeCiel_

Sep 10, 2009
lukebasarab.deviantart.com
Very nice iconset.:) I really like that you even payed attention to the white inner-border and tried to make the icons as close to the CHT icons from .sencity as possible.

Congrats!:)

zedero

Aug 19, 2010
So I have to change each one manually and cant just import it? I dont get how to import the set because you dont have a theme file or something

Rooster100

Apr 13, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Very nice iconset.:) I really like that you even payed attention to the white inner-border and tried to make the icons as close to the CHT icons from .sencity as possible.

Congrats!:)

Thanks it's great to know you like it- I'm chuffed!:D And yes it's those little details that make the .sencity design look great. (It's much easier to copy a good design style than to create it though);)

Lycox

Oct 28, 2005
Redmi Note 10 Pro
attachment.php

(from left to right)
  • EQ
  • any guitar app
  • TomTom
  • Kinoma
  • AppToDate
  • WMLongLife Bandswitcher
  • WMLongLife Settings
  • Vexed (Game)
  • IM+
  • GPSModDriver
  • Palm Heroes
  • cleanRAM
  • cleanRAM Config
  • Bubblebreaker
  • Teeter
  • Twitter
  • SIM Manager
  • RapidRead
  • JBlend
  • MobileConnections
  • Flashlight
  • Folder: Phone
  • Folder: Outlook

Update (2010-10-28)
  • RapidRead
  • JBlend
  • MobileConnections
  • Flashlight

Update (2010-10-24)
  • cleanRAM
  • cleanRAM Config
  • Bubblebreaker
  • Teeter
  • Twitter
  • SIM Manager

Update (2010-10-23)
  • Renamed WMLongLife icons
  • IM+
  • GPSModDriver
  • Palm Heroes

More will follow ;)

P.S.: I will recently update this post...

Attachments

• _Preview.jpg
    _Preview.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 3,388
  • Lycox_Sencity_Icons.zip
    332.7 KB · Views: 609
Last edited:

orsel

Sep 13, 2010
Germany
hey, can anybody share the psd file and/or write a quick tutorial how to create icons for the .sensity theme? i think that would be best as some gusys (me for example) use apps, that maybo nobody else use (as duden, pons, pschrembel, langenscheidt, oxford).

plus we would have a very huge collection.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Roosticity icon set 20.10.2010
    Almost 300 sharp vector icons to suit .sencity theme

Have you seen the superb new .sencity theme by _LeCiel_? It's clean, simple and STUNNING!

But some bits are not quite finished yet and like many of you who have tried it and are hooked on the look, I am impatient and want more- and want it NOW!:p My old program icons looked like a dogs breakfast sitting next to the slick .sencity design and it was already driving me nuts - and LeCiel had only released the theme the week before!

So I got all fired up and put this icon pack together and now my phone looks almost all .sencity. I now walk taller, my teeth are much whiter and now a single look from me makes the ladies go weak at the knees.:cool:...:D

So this is the Roosticity Icon set – I hope you enjoy them!

LATEST UPDATE:
    14th November, 2010
    Major update- have completed all "Standard ROM" icons including settings folder. Covers all Energy(.sencity) HD2 Leo and Blackstone ROM icons- please let me know if I've missed any. Remember, this will also cover other (non Energy) .sencity ROMS and other Energy ROMS (Rhodium etc) except for the occasional icon which can be changed manually with JWMD etc. (I've focussed on Energy ROM simply because that's what I use).

Also, have now separated the zipped packs into "Standard ROM" and "Extra App" packs assuming the standard ROM packs won't require as much updating from now on. Don't forget you can use icons contained in the "Standard ROM" pack for any of your custom apps also, so have a look in both packs for what you need.

THANKS of course to _LeCiel_ for a fantastic theme- the .sencity thread is here.

THANKS TO CONTRIBUTORS:
    They drive us pretty hard at the Roosticity Icon Sweatshop, so if you know anyone that can do an honest days work for an honest days pay (well actually it's chicken feed) then I'd be glad to hear from you. :) Contributions welcome.
    LYCOX thanyou for additional icons - find these extra icons here at post 16 of this thread. Lycox icons up to last update are included within the Roosticity pack.
    COLOSSUS_R thankyou for additional icons- find these extra icons here at post 78 of this thread. Colossus icons will be added to the Roosticity pack with the next major update.

SEE BELOW THE PREVIEW IMAGE FOR HOW TO INSTALL & OTHER INFO... (Check the PDFs attached for a preview of the full set)

sampleroosticityiconsno.jpg

REQUEST AN ICON OR MAKE YOUR OWN click on this link to post 34.

ROM CHEFS:
    You're welcome to use these icons but please add a post here so we can take a peek at your work, and if you are using the .sencity theme then why not add a link back to here so your users can more easily find icons for the additional programs they load

ALSO THANKS TO:

Thanks to the following for vector source files: Reflection Icon Set by Webdesigner Depot, FREEGINE Vector Icon Set and the Liquidicity icon set by Go Squared.

UPDATES HISTORY:
    11th November, 2010
    Minor update: Some corrections and additions. Standard ROM pack almost complete- some settings folder icons to come in next major update.
    3rd November, 2010
    Updated zipped folder to include all the "Standard ROM" icons included in the cab plus a stack of icons for additional programs. Includes extra icons Lycox has contributed up to this date. Now almost 200 icons in total.

2nd November, 2010 (Melbourne Cup Day)
    Completed icons for apps that are selectable through Cookies Home Tabs and put in to a CAB. This CAB also covers all start menu icons apart from icons in settings folder.

HOW TO LOAD ICON
    SET:

A) CAB
    1. Copy cab file to your SD Card or phone and run it. The cab will replace the standard start menu icons that come with most ROMs.
    2. You will need to clear the HTC Sense icon cache to update the icon links in Sense, and then soft reset. (Use either JWMD as below point B.3, or there's a small utility to do this called SICC (Sense Icon Cache Clearer), or manually by deleting all .png files in ProgLauncher folder (Application Data>HTC>ProgLauncher).
    3. There may be a few left over that need to be changed manually with
    JWMD due to ROM and icon naming differences. Icons for extra applications that you have loaded will not be replaced automatically, so match an icon from the zipped file to your application and change manually with JWMD.
    4. If you want to change back to your original set-up, simply un-install Roosticity from your Remove Programs menu (this won't remove icons changed with JWMD- you will need to remove those ones with JWMD)

B) MANUALLY or with JWMD Icon Changer
    You can manually rename and copy and paste icons into the correct locations, but
    I used JWMD Icon Changer to do mine initially, so below describes that method.

1. Download the ZIP from the link below and copy the extracted folder somewhere on your SD card.
    2. Use JWMD Icon Changer to replace the existing icons (read instructions from that thread on how to do it- it’s simple)

3. Clear HTC Sense Icon Cache. (JWMD has a feature to clear the HTC Sense icon cache under Menu> Tools> HTC Sense Tools> Clear Icon Cache.)
    4. Select yes to Soft Reset.
    5. DONE!

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD: STRICTLY NO DOWNLOAD MIRRORS- provide a link to this thread on XDA instead :). Plus- use your THANKS button if you get some use out of these!
    attachment.php

(from left to right)
    • EQ
    • any guitar app
    • TomTom
    • Kinoma
    • AppToDate
    • WMLongLife Bandswitcher
    • WMLongLife Settings
    • Vexed (Game)
    • IM+
    • GPSModDriver
    • Palm Heroes
    • cleanRAM
    • cleanRAM Config
    • Bubblebreaker
    • Teeter
    • Twitter
    • SIM Manager
    • RapidRead
    • JBlend
    • MobileConnections
    • Flashlight

Update (2010-10-28)
    • RapidRead
    • JBlend
    • MobileConnections
    • Flashlight

Update (2010-10-24)
    • cleanRAM
    • cleanRAM Config
    • Bubblebreaker
    • Teeter
    • Twitter
    • SIM Manager

Update (2010-10-23)
    • Renamed WMLongLife icons
    • IM+
    • GPSModDriver
    • Palm Heroes

More will follow ;)

P.S.: I will recently update this post...
    Accessories, Request an icon and how to make one yourself

Request a Roosticity icon.

To get an icon made quicker it will help if I have a copy of the default icon, the default icon file name and the application name and description of what the program does (it makes it easier to come up a matching icon). How to do that?

• Copy all the .png files under Windows from your phone to your PC. This will also copy a bunch of buttons and other graphics, but all your application icons should be there (or take a screenshot of it) and now you have a back-up of the whole lot.:)
    • Browse through these files until you find the icon that is currently being used by your application.
    • Copy the relevant icon and post it with your request.
    • Wait patiently for someone from the Roosticity Icon Sweatshop to post your icon.:)

Requests:
    A small request by Smobbo for every start menu icon contained in the Energy rom! :p Nov15- Done (for Leo and Blackstone at least) Other ROMs let me know if any not skinned.

A range of generic icons are being made to suit a wide range of typical applications. For example a few GPS navigation icons, lots of different games icons, currency converter and even icons to suit you fitness freaks. Keep asking for your specific icons though, because it may prompt some to get made that were not already on the list.

Make a Roosticity icon.

If you know your way around Adobe Illustrator to a moderate level, then attached is an Illustrator CS4 file called Roosters Icon Maker for .sencity. Included within the file are a smattering of vector samples and tips on how to make your icon consistent with the .sencity theme and rest of the Roosticity set.

If you are new to vector design, please have a go with the help menu, google etc before posting questions! :) If the CS4 version does not suit and you need an older version or different format, let me know but I'm kind of limited to the Illustrator save options if I'm to retain layers etc.

Once you’ve made your icon(s), please post the icons on this thread for everyone to enjoy. Also please attach the vector source file so it can be stored in the Roosticity Icon Warehouse- ready to be pulled out again when needed. _LeCiel_ has said he will be releasing versions of .sencity in several different colours, so it would be nice to have the source files ready to go if needed for some duplicate icon sets to match.

Once you’ve posted the icons, I will include a link to all of them on the first post, and add the ones that match in with the set as it is updated. Don’t be shy about posting your icons!

Some places to find vector icon source files to help build your icons are listed below- and please let me know if you find any other good sources that suit this style. Remember to observe any usage restrictions attached to the vector art.

• Reflection Icon Set by Webdesigner Depot. Link here.
    • FREEGINE Vector Icon Set. (Google for a download site)
    • Liquidicity icon set by Go Squared. Link here.
    • Brands of the World. Link here.
    Accessories

Thankyou for visting the Roosticity Icon Sweatshop.:) On your way out, please see our friendly staff in the gift shop where you can buy T-shirts, caps and badges to remember your vist forever...

VOLUME CONTROLLER (added 17 Nov)

This I made for my HD2 to get rid of the glossy glassy buttons and to match .sencity and works a treat.
    I made a tiny cab if you want to try it out & un-install if you want to turf it. It's a real simple cab that replaces one image file in your Windows folder (HTCVolumeControl.png if you want to back it up beforehand). Should be fine for other WVGA devices besides HD2- let me know.
    smile.gif
    Download it from here.
    picture.php

ENDKEY SKIN (added 17 Nov)

Made by jsmccabe78 this is an endkey skin to suit .sencity that had good reviews and worth trying out. Download it from here.

picture.php

Back to first post.
    iGO and State Indicators icons

It seems everyone has been really busy these times. ;)

I asked for one icon a couple of weeks ago, but since nobody had time to make it, I decided to do it by myself, which was an exciting experience.

One of my new year's resolution was to learn how to use Illustrator, lol! ;)
    I know I still have a lot to learn, but here is my work after 1 day playing with Illustrator. Thanks Rooster, the Roosters Icon Maker helped a lot!

Now my quicklinks are completely customized with this amazing set of icons. Besides the iGO icon I made the State Indicators that I use, to match with the rest of the icons.

I attached a screenshot of my phone, a preview with the icons and a RAR file with all PNG files and Illustrator too.

Happy new year to everyone! ;)

--- EDITED ---
    * iGO and Voltage icons now show the background. I suggest for those of you who already downloaded it to redownload. I was filling the pictures with black before, which does not match the theme. ;) (Now I found out how to use the pathfinder minus front! :D)
    * I also made some minor changes in Free Ram icon, making its "legs" to have the same thickness.

attachment.php

attachment.php
    More icons and mods

CIRCLE ICONS/TCPMP/AUDIO BOOSTER/SWYPE/MP3 TRIMMER SKINS HERE http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=876536
    SENCITY NITROGEN SKIN HERE http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=877682

SnapShot.jpg