Thanks Meter: 25

By LukeSP, Senior Member on 25th July 2010, 07:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th October 2010, 11:50 AM |#171  
Flag Roma
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I solved the issue.
I change the firmware at JPK, gain root and in adb (after a backup of efs folder in my sd) i delete all the file *nv* in /efs i copied my backup pre JPH and rename in

nv_data.bin and nv_data.bin.md5
and the backup .nv_data.bak and .nv_data.bak.md5

Reboot and my IMEI is restored as before.
Thanks to alef to be possible the solution.
Sorry for my english
16th October 2010, 04:58 PM |#172  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
[SOLVED]ok i screwed up my phone...empty product code and IMEI
Hi guys,

i just updated to JPA and i noticed that my product code was changed to XEE. I tried to restore my old one. since i didn't have a nv_data.bak (i used it when tried to upgrade to JPC) i copied the file nv_data.bin i have in my sdcard (performed a backup of the whole /efs folder before upgrading to JPC). This for some reason doesn't work. When i checked the product code right before rebooting it (after i copied the new nv_data.bin) it was the right one (IT). After reboot i have no service. Product code is empty, IMEI too. i tried to restored the JPA nv_data.bin, but this doesn't solve nothing. Still empty product code and IMEI. what should i do?

thanks
16th October 2010, 05:12 PM |#173  

More
try running

- adb shell
- su
- busybox chown 1001:1001 /efs/nv_data.bin
- reboot
16th October 2010, 05:28 PM |#174  
Thanks Meter: 147

More
and delete the nv_data.bin.md5 file
16th October 2010, 06:06 PM |#175  

More
thanks for the answers guys. I managed to resolve the product code issue (now it shows up when i check the product code from SGS toolbox) what i don't know how to fix is the empty IMEI (when i check it, the messagebox says "IMEI" without any number. What is causing this? any advice?

thanks

EDIT: Solved i renamed the imei folder in imeibak and copied the backup imei folder in /efs. Thanks god i had a backup of /efs
17th October 2010, 03:46 AM |#176  

More
I think now I know the cause of this "missing" IMEI.

It's the OCLF (One Click Lag Fix) that I'm using. I'm not 100% sure yet, but the fact is, everytime I'm activating the lag fix, after rebooting the phone will list my IMEI number as Unknown. The IMEI number is available again everytime I undo the lag fix.

Why the IMEI number is so important? Because KIES needs it!

Well, to me it's not too big a deal. I just undo the OCLF everytime I want to connect to PC using KIES, mainly to backup my phone contact and to check the availability of Froyo firmware
21st October 2010, 06:26 PM |#177  
Flag Coimbra
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
IMEI changed after a flash
I'm with JPK but i have noticed that my IMEI should start with 351 but it is starting with a few zeros and ending with some zeros too...

Is there anyway to change it back to what it were before???

I herad about some XDA Manipulator... Can i use that to try to get my IMEI back?
21st October 2010, 07:31 PM |#178  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Changing your IMEI seems taboo in this forum, even disregarding the legality of it in some countries. Your best bet is to pm a dev and hope... Or brick your phone and try send it back

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
22nd October 2010, 11:20 AM |#179  
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Question [Q] empty /efs BUT phone works OK and IMEI is not corrupted??
i upgraded my SGS with kalpiknigam . com , and well, it works ..
but.. after that i started reading here and there, to be carefull, and i hope i didn’t do anything that can not be reversed :\

i didn’t do /efs backup, page said it’s not mandatory, and i was in a “hurry” :\
and now a read there can be some serious problems, if /efs folder is empty..
-my /efs folder is empty !!
-in sgs toolbox for product code i get:

—————
Got root access.
Using workdir:
/sdcard/ProductCodeCheck

Backing up to:
/sdcard/productCodeCheck/20101021-2007970

Copied nv_data files…
Product code in nv_data.bin:
I9000HKDXEE

Product code in backup .nv_data.bak:
I9000HKDMOT
—————————-

this backup says MOT in the end, which i think it’s Mobitel-Slovenia, which is my operater…
what is this tool backuping, if /efs folder is empty? how to “refill”-restore it? MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION: how that my phone is working if this folder is empty?
how can i restore this backup file, and whay would i? do i even need it? ever? never?

p.s. sorry on new post, but did quite a search and didn't find any answer on that, how that phone works with empty efs folder, and even IMEI in phone is still ORIGINAL (as i read, IMEI is writen in nv_data.bin, but i have no nv_data.bin in /efs folder !!??)
22nd October 2010, 12:40 PM |#180  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
What file manager are you using to browse the /efs folder?

I don't think /efs is empty. You need something like root explorer. Not all file managers show all files.

Arjan
22nd October 2010, 07:12 PM |#181  
Flag Coimbra
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by android53

Changing your IMEI seems taboo in this forum, even disregarding the legality of it in some countries. Your best bet is to pm a dev and hope... Or brick your phone and try send it back

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Can you tell me a nick of a dev, please?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
baseband, baseband unknown, change, darky, galaxy, galaxy s, i9000, imei, imei missing, no signal, samsung, sgs

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)