[MOD]*done* Add reboot,recovery,download mode to power off menu

Search This thread

raiderep

Feb 4, 2010
Eureka, CA
Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what happens to your phone-use at your own risk. Always do a nandroid backup before using mods

This is a port of untermensch's vibrant mod found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=811532

*completed mod now available with aosp lockscreen included*

*note: these mods include framework-res.apk and need to be included in the base of a theme or rom/flashing over the top of one will overwrite previous theming done to framework-res with stock images and break some pre-existing mods*

Thanx and credit to him for getting me this far, I have made a few changes to his instructions to make it work on epic. The below mod only has the reboot option added. I have yet to try his latest instructions to add reboot recovery but it might work too. Just wanted to get this over to the Epic side for discussion and help if it isn't as easy to port the rest of it.

Add reboot option to power off menu http://www.mediafire.com/?hoetfjbq77hm77s flash in clockwork recovery (its only android policy.jar) and make sure your system is deodexed. We can add more things into it to get android policy jar mods to play together later.

Here's a .zip that has both the AOSP lockscreen mod and reboot button mod together: http://www.mediafire.com/?010dchn522nxge9

Complete mod port plus aosp lockscreen click here
Note: this .zip includes framework-res.apk,framework.jar and android.policy. jar. The recovery function gets you to stock recovery but you can still get into clockwork by flashing the update.zip you should have on your sdcard already. If any one knows how to get it to go straight to clockwork like rom manager does I would like to have it do that.

Complete mod port plus aosp lockscreen-no full battery popups click here
All three in one now, this is just like the one above but also has services.jar

Complete mod port only click here
Includes framework-res.apk,framework.jar and android.policy.jar

Complete mod port with no popups click here
Includes framework-res.apk,framework.jar,services.jar and android.policy. jar

Attachments

• snap20101022_161038.jpg
    snap20101022_161038.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 2,843
  • snap20101029_004516.png
    snap20101029_004516.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 3,203
Last edited:

265ada

Dec 16, 2008
This is a port of untermensch's vibrant mod found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=811532

Thanx and credit to him for getting me this far, I have made a few changes to his instructions to make it work on epic. The below mod only has the reboot option added. I have yet to try his latest instructions to add reboot recovery but it might work too. Just wanted to get this over to the Epic side for discussion and help if it isn't as easy to port the rest of it.

Add reboot option to power off menu http://www.mediafire.com/?hoetfjbq77hm77s flash in clockwork recovery (its only android policy.jar) and make sure your system is deodexed. We can add more things into it to get android policy jar mods to play together later.

The reboot recovery mod looks like it will need framework mods as well if you are interested in trying to get the rest of this going. Care to jumpin?
Has this been tested?
just asking cause yesterday I flashed a normal app! flash 10.1 and my phone was stuck blackscreened lol and had to odin ect AND I am very happy with the phone now so I dont wan't to result to that again :D

ragnarokx

Sep 1, 2010
Southwest
It flashed with no problem, but it replaced my Vanilla lock screen with the TouchWiz one. If I flash the Vanilla lock screen back on, will the reboot option still be there?

dangdang

Jan 30, 2009
Texas
Holdin down power+voldown+camera after touching reboot gets you into recovery. I know a software button is better but in the mean time.

Sent from my Android using CDMA or WIFI

raiderep

Feb 4, 2010
Eureka, CA
Has this been tested?
just asking cause yesterday I flashed a normal app! flash 10.1 and my phone was stuck blackscreened lol and had to odin ect AND I am very happy with the phone now so I dont wan't to result to that again :D

I've been using it for a few days with no issues. The only thing that might happen is what happened to ragnarox, read his quote below...

It flashed with no problem, but it replaced my Vanilla lock screen with the TouchWiz one. If I flash the Vanilla lock screen back on, will the reboot option still be there?

Until both are put into the same AndroidPolicy.jar then its one or the other. I will get them both together eventually, this is just a start ;)

and here you go, both together now: http://www.mediafire.com/?010dchn522nxge9

Last edited:

ragnarokx

Sep 1, 2010
Southwest

deciple

Sep 22, 2010
Salem
What update.zip gets you into clockwork by using stock recovery?

Sent from my spot on the earth

deciple

Sep 22, 2010
Salem
Ok, yeah, in my clockworkmod folder I found the (recovery-update.zip) file, however, for those who don't know, you have to rename it just update and it works

Sent from my spot on the earth

raiderep

Feb 4, 2010
Eureka, CA
That's nice. I know we talked in private but u got an idea to make this work with my theme. This is going to be interesting

Sent from my Emotionless Beast of an Epic using the XDA App

The only way for certain is to re-theme this framwork-res with your images. You might try swapping just your drawable-hdpi folder into this one and if there is anything left out track it down and add it back. I am not sure where values folder goes when it re-compiled so you don't want to write over it as it will cause issues.

OP has a new .zip with all three mods in one now, let me know if there are any issues with it.

sent by an Epic4g through the cosmos

MysteryEmotionz

Sep 7, 2010
Massachussets
The only way for certain is to re-theme this framwork-res with your images. You might try swapping just your drawable-hdpi folder into this one and if there is anything left out track it down and add it back. I am not sure where values folder goes when it re-compiled so you don't want to write over it as it will cause issues.

OP has a new .zip with all three mods in one now, let me know if there are any issues with it.

This was my plan but I also edited some xml files. So if I just drop the hole contents of my framework in yours replacing everything but the values folder in theory I should be good?

raiderep

Feb 4, 2010
Eureka, CA
This was my plan but I also edited some xml files. So if I just drop the hole contents of my framework in yours replacing everything but the values folder in theory I should be good?

What xmls did you edit? What I was getting at is use this as a base and re-do the theme to it but if you accidentally over write the values folder it will not work properly. Since I don't know where valuse goes when its been compiled(it only shows when decompiled) you run the risk of breaking the mod. Its certainlgy worth a shot though.

MysteryEmotionz

Sep 7, 2010
Massachussets
What xmls did you edit? What I was getting at is use this as a base and re-do the theme to it but if you accidentally over write the values folder it will not work properly. Since I don't know where valuse goes when its been compiled(it only shows when decompiled) you run the risk of breaking the mod. Its certainlgy worth a shot though.

I moved the clock down on the tw lock screen. Its in the layout folder named zz_keyguard_clock.xml I believe this is coming off the top of my head