Unlocking Tmo Vibrant

Search This thread

mhseraph

Apr 17, 2009
June 2011 RE-EDIT... Use the instructions here or here to unlock.

EDIT: SIM-Lock on JI6 has been solved for me with helroz's repair_nv_data.zip, read further along...

Page 11, Post 103 has a good copy of the instructions (but read the whole thread)

Also, heres a link to the corresponding thread in the Captivate forums

Can someone who has had Tmobile US for at least 40 days put a request in for an unlock code for my Vibrant? I only have ATT and no friends with Tmo. The Tmobile unlock team already refused my request. You would just need to call Customer Service, ask for the unlock team. I tried all the solutions in the forums - I have a messed up nv_data (bought it on craigslist). Shoot me a PM if your willing to help. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

iynfynity

Sep 21, 2010
how many days since you have your vibrant?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

abaybas

Oct 13, 2010
I'm also trying to unlock my JI6 updated vibrant. I was a dumbass and didn't unlock it when it was on JFD.
I paid cellunlocker.net for a code, but apparently it takes up to 3 days to get the code.

mhseraph

Apr 17, 2009
Yup,it had ji6 when I got it, and tmo won't give me the code cause I'm not their customer

And abaybas, please let me know if the code you get works

Last edited:

nhatduongchi

Oct 20, 2010
In this case, would you be able to unlock it if you flash your phone with JFD stock ROM then flash it back to JI6?

mhseraph

Apr 17, 2009
Nope. I odin'd back to stock. Ive tried the fixes. I just need someone to contact tmo for me

mhseraph

Apr 17, 2009
No need! Just got it unlocked with a file that helroz sent me
Repeat: You can unlock a JI6 flashed phone using a file that changes the SIM unlock code (I was running bionix fusion when i did it)
Someone please work with him to turn it into an app if thats possible... its just a couple bat files and a jar that edit the files i believe

Thanks so much french dude (helroz)

mhseraph

Apr 17, 2009
he sent me a repair_nv_data.zip and it fixed my nv_data and maintained the imei thats listed under my battery

nhatduongchi

Oct 20, 2010
Repeat: You can unlock a JI6 flashed phone using a file that changes the SIM unlock code (I was running bionix fusion when i did it)
Someone please work with him to turn it into an app if thats possible... its just a couple bat files and a jar that edit the files i believe

Can you post that file and and the steps you took to recover here? I'm sure someone in the same situation will find it valuable.

Reactions: drago10029

Laaf2005

Jun 14, 2010
Can you post that file and and the steps you took to recover here? I'm sure someone in the same situation will find it valuable.

I am actually in the same situation. I cant get mine unlocked using the app because it doesnt give me an unlock code and just says 'are you sure this is a galaxy s phone?'. I also tried paying for a code and the code did not work, the guy who did it also retried a second time and the code was the same, so I dont know whats up with that. My IMEI is the same as whats on my original box. I tried hacking the nv_data.bin myself using the guide posted somewhere in the i9000 thread. If someone could send me that fix I would be very grateful.

iynfynity

Sep 21, 2010
I am actually in the same situation. I cant get mine unlocked using the app because it doesnt give me an unlock code and just says 'are you sure this is a galaxy s phone?'. I also tried paying for a code and the code did not work, the guy who did it also retried a second time and the code was the same, so I dont know whats up with that. My IMEI is the same as whats on my original box. I tried hacking the nv_data.bin myself using the guide posted somewhere in the i9000 thread. If someone could send me that fix I would be very grateful.

why don't you try calling t-mobile and get your code?

the sgs unlocker won't work to me too. my only chance left is the code from t-mobile.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For unlock your phone if SGSunlock don't send code

http://perso.numericable.fr/helroz/Perso/repair_nv_data.zip

"Files made for windows"

this method give informations in your bad nv_data.bin (imei, Model, product code) and insert this in a new nv_data.bin (sim unlocked).

After this new nv_data.bin (sim unlocked with your informations) is inserted in your phone, at restart, your phone create nv_data.bin.md5 and batch file create .nv_data.bak and .nv_data.bak.md5 and save your new efs folder.

Your phone is unlocked

It's possible to made this on froyo but not advised and not really tested (I repair codes at the same time but at the first start froyo change codes by FFFFFFFF)

Thanks to Mikiya on Frandroid to made "Reparation_nv_data.jar" at my demand

If you like this work:

Thanks

Thanks to vnamee for detailled instructions in english:

Just did this on my phone and it works great. The SGS unlock tool gave me a number that did not work no matter what firmware I used. Here are the steps to perform the unlock.

You will need root and busybox and something to edit the root, such as Root Explorer or ADB. You will need Java on your PC as well.

1) Copy the EFS folder with Root Explorer or ADB to back up

2) In /efs, delete:

nv_data.bin.md5
    .nv_data.bak
    .nv_data.bak.md5
    nv_data.JPC (you may not have this)
    nv_data.JPC.md5 (you may not have this)
    .nv2.bak
    .nv2.bak.md5

3) Reboot your phone and navigate to /efs to see if nv_data.bin.md5 is created. If it is, you are good to go. If you go there right after the phone boots, it may not have been created yet.

4) Put your phone in USB debug mode and connect via USB to computer.

5) Run step 2.bat (this will extract nv_data.bin to your computer)

6) Run reparation_nv_data.jar (I guess you just enter any 8 digit number in the boxes that will be your unlock code. I had entered '00000000' and SGS unlock couldn't find anything afterward, so I'm not sure if this number will be needed at any point in the future. This will edit the nv_data.bin).

7) Run Step 4.bat (this will upload the files to your phone. Make sure the phone is on and when you run it, make sure to keep pressing 'allow' so the program has root access to push the files to your root).

8) After this is done, you can answer 'n' if there were no errors and it should reboot your phone. Phone should be unlocked.
    can we put the backup efs folder, after unlock or we have to leave this folder forever!?

keep the backup is a safety:p

Is there anyone on T-mobile that might be able to help me getting an unlock code for my Vibrant please please?

I bought it off of Craigslist thinking that I could use the sgsunlock app but:
    - It has already been updated to JI6
    - I'm too afraid of messing up the phone
    - I have Att so T-mobile won't help me

I've read through the thread and paying $30 for an unlock code seems like a bad idea since they sometimes don't work so if anyone is a T-mobile customer that could help me I would greatly appreciate it :):):)

If you have froyo on your phone, only solution: (or samsung for repair)

http://perso.numericable.fr/helroz/Perso/repair_nv_data.zip

this method give informations in your bad nv_data.bin (imei, Model, product code) and insert this in a new nv_data.bin (sim unlocked).

After this new nv_data.bin (sim unlocked with your informations) is inserted in your phone, at restart, your phone create nv_data.bin.md5 and batch file create .nv_data.bak and .nv_data.bak.md5 and save your new efs folder.

Your phone is unlocked

It's possible to made this on froyo but not advised and not really tested (I repair codes at the same time but at the first start froyo change codes by FFFFFFFF)

Thanks to Mikiya on Frandroid to made "Reparation_nv_data.jar" at my demand

Thanks to vnamee for detailled instructions:

Just did this on my phone and it works great. The SGS unlock tool gave me a number that did not work no matter what firmware I used. Here are the steps to perform the unlock.

You will need root and busybox and something to edit the root, such as Root Explorer or ADB. You will need Java on your PC as well.

1) Copy the EFS folder with Root Explorer or ADB to back up

2) In /efs, delete:

nv_data.bin.md5
    .nv_data.bak
    .nv_data.bak.md5
    nv_data.JPC (you may not have this)
    nv_data.JPC.md5 (you may not have this)
    .nv2.bak
    .nv2.bak.md5

3) Reboot your phone and navigate to /efs to see if nv_data.bin.md5 is created. If it is, you are good to go. If you go there right after the phone boots, it may not have been created yet.

4) Put your phone in USB debug mode and connect via USB to computer.

5) Run step 2.bat (this will extract nv_data.bin to your computer)

6) Run reparation_nv_data.jar (I guess you just enter any 8 digit number in the boxes that will be your unlock code. I had entered '00000000' and SGS unlock couldn't find anything afterward, so I'm not sure if this number will be needed at any point in the future. This will edit the nv_data.bin).

7) Run Step 4.bat (this will upload the files to your phone. Make sure the phone is on and when you run it, make sure to keep pressing 'allow' so the program has root access to push the files to your root).

8) After this is done, you can answer 'n' if there were no errors and it should reboot your phone. Phone should be unlocked.

I have tried everything in the book and it still cannot find the nv_data.bin file. What do I do?

Phone must have nv_data in /efs folder, with all firmware, if at start you don't have nv_data, phone create it, but generic with no imei.
    June 2011 RE-EDIT... Use the instructions here or here to unlock.

EDIT: SIM-Lock on JI6 has been solved for me with helroz's repair_nv_data.zip, read further along...

Page 11, Post 103 has a good copy of the instructions (but read the whole thread)

Also, heres a link to the corresponding thread in the Captivate forums

Can someone who has had Tmobile US for at least 40 days put a request in for an unlock code for my Vibrant? I only have ATT and no friends with Tmo. The Tmobile unlock team already refused my request. You would just need to call Customer Service, ask for the unlock team. I tried all the solutions in the forums - I have a messed up nv_data (bought it on craigslist). Shoot me a PM if your willing to help. Thanks in advance.