By TheDeadCPU, Retired Senior Moderator on 29th October 2010, 11:20 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
29th October 2010, 02:28 PM |#11  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vippie

Uhm, that's a post from the 5th of May .
The news for release on sunday is from today.

But it is still valid. Aside from a small Scandinavian community, rest of the world will receive the upgrade in Q4 (November, December). Besides despite their assurance that the whole X10 family will get upgrade, what i read in scandinavian forums is that so far only X10 and not mini and mini pro are bing upgrades. So realistically we can expect UK unbranded in the middle of November, as I always said.
29th October 2010, 02:30 PM |#12  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 326

More
sorry
Wrong link
one sec
29th October 2010, 02:31 PM |#13  
Flag Hyderabad

More
Here is the fixed one:
X10 2.1 Software Update 2

Here is where i saw it.
Xperiax10.net X10 update SUnday release Nordic first
29th October 2010, 02:51 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
would the same rooting instructions for 1.6 work on 2.1?
29th October 2010, 03:02 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
so..what can we expect from 2.1 for xperia mini..?..bluetooth is the main benefit i think
what about battery life?or anything else ..
29th October 2010, 03:07 PM |#16  
Flag Ravensburg
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlissine

But it is still valid. Aside from a small Scandinavian community, rest of the world will receive the upgrade in Q4 (November, December). Besides despite their assurance that the whole X10 family will get upgrade, what i read in scandinavian forums is that so far only X10 and not mini and mini pro are bing upgrades. So realistically we can expect UK unbranded in the middle of November, as I always said.

No it's not valid because a new statement came out today. New statement means the old one is not valid anymore. I don't care about "small Scandinavian communities", because the are wrong.

And you are wrong too, because the Update will come for ALL X10 including Mini and Mini Pro.

Read this:

Quote:

Today I can confirm that we will start the roll-out of the Android 2.1 based updates for Xperia X10, X10 mini and X10 mini pro now this coming Sunday. The roll out will start in the evening European time.

So far I have received confirmation that the generic kits for the Nordic countries will be the very first ones out on Sunday evening and then there will be more kits coming already during Monday and then the roll-out will continue throughout the month of November.

29th October 2010, 03:16 PM |#17  
Flag Hyderabad

More
The main improvements are:
Social Phonebook
30% increase in Battery life
Blutooth file transfers
Improved speed(Dunno what it means)
29th October 2010, 03:23 PM |#18  
Flag Brussels
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejagamer

Social Phonebook
Blutooth file transfers

And hopefully bluetooth head set compatibility, as I have heard that very few were compatible with this phone.

I sure hope that they will include some new radio, as I am unable to see wifi networks at channel 13, plus the draft N would be nice too.

PS: I hope that the battery increase is true, 30% is a huge increase just from an update.

Now we just need a bit more patience , GOD I need to buy some on eBay ASAP, hehe
29th October 2010, 04:13 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Latest update is that the 2.1 will be release from Sunday Evening European time. Nordic countries get the first cut. Release will be in phased approach.

read http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/ dated 29 Oct 2010.

regards
29th October 2010, 05:00 PM |#20  
Flag cairo
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johev

And hopefully bluetooth head set compatibility, as I have heard that very few were compatible with this phone.

I sure hope that they will include some new radio, as I am unable to see wifi networks at channel 13, plus the draft N would be nice too.

PS: I hope that the battery increase is true, 30% is a huge increase just from an update.

Now we just need a bit more patience , GOD I need to buy some on eBay ASAP, hehe

at the beginning of a smartphone development and before optimizing the software the battery can only last 30 minutes so software has a much to do to the battery life ,so 30% is possible .but where did you get this 30% statement?

also wondering since the x8's software is certified before the x10 mini on ptcrb and there exactly the same software versions,why x8's 2.1 is later this year?. the three phone mini/pro/x8 are identical in terms of software.
29th October 2010, 05:09 PM |#21  
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejagamer

Social Phonebook
Blutooth file transfers

IMHO the best improvement is the version itself. Namely, I hope apps like Skype and WhatsApp are finally available (perhaps with minor UI tweaks).
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread